Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
also this is the best song about afrika: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvpfFCpGGX4
And yes, we showed that on national television back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
Actually, the lines are

“You picked a fine time to leave me, loose heel
With four hundred children and a crop in the field”

8 yo me was like :shuckyes:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Who is Dwayne in Africa and why is he so blessed?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Well don't just leave us hanging.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i guess it rains down in africa

there's nothing that a hundred men on mars could ever do

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
The actual answer is the dude is idealizing Africa as this mythical place to visit to find himself and change his life after being all sad over his girlfriend breaking up with him. He's never been to Africa and never will be, but the whole point is he's a stupid idiot fucker who thinks his immense pain will be soothed by fantasizing about what the continent's wonders could be like for his broken soul.

The song's supposed to be deep and stuff but it just makes the dude out as an opportunistic dork.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 18, 2018

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

goethe.cx posted:

colonialist horseshit

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

King of Bees posted:

It's about a lonely missionary excited about his girlfriend's visit and the opportunity to gently caress in the classic missionary position

No, that's Eurythmics "Missionary Man"

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
How dare this thread insult the Wakanda national anthem!

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

this guy gets it

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Every 18 months someone of marginal fame pretends they rediscovered this loving "epic" song and it pisses me off because it is a bad song

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The Bananana posted:

No, that's Eurythmics "Missionary Man"

Eurythmics is real fuckin good 80s pop qtiyd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Crazyweasel posted:

Every 18 months someone of marginal fame pretends they rediscovered this loving "epic" song and it pisses me off because it is a bad song

song isn't that bad but that metal cover is one of the corniest things I've ever seen in my life

• Locked thread