Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

hahahhaha that ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This is great.

Also Cody Fern is giving me some serious Lestat vibes and I am here for it

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

kjetting posted:

Yeah, that's part of the beauty, I think. It mocks everyone. There isn't any accident to it. Every character is the literal extreme stereotype that the "other" side thinks they are. The "liberals" in the show are lesbian "snowflakes" owning a fancy butcher shop for hipsters, have a kid raised without gender stereotypical toys and literally think they and their gay or foreign friends will be illegal and their marriage annulled if Trump wins. The "Trump team" are easily recruited cultists and violent rageaholics who worship masculinity and gender roles from the 50's. I think AHS:Cult really nails this balance, and while the cultists are the antagonists of the show, the "libs" are the side that gets most of the satirical digs.

Stereotypes maybe, but I literally know a couple like this, except it's a clothing store instead of a butcher shop.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also lol that Evan Peters has now done two different scenes in different media set to "Time in a Bottle".

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Thought for awhile gimp man would be revealed to be Ghost Tate, and we would get some Evan on Evan action. Guess it might still turn out to be him.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Teek posted:

Thought for awhile gimp man would be revealed to be Ghost Tate, and we would get some Evan on Evan action. Guess it might still turn out to be him.

Must've been your life long ambition

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Went through this whole episode thinking that this was going to be worse than Freak Show then that ending finally made this season interesting. We got aliens!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Just caught up with episode 2 on Sling. I expected gimp suit this season. Can't say I expected Weyland-Yutani to show up. So I'm guessing is Kathy Bates one of the failed synthetic wombs and that's why she had such a hard-on for punishing humans capable of procreation?

esperterra posted:

Cody Fern is giving me some serious Lestat vibes and I am here for it

Teek posted:

we would get some Evan on Evan action.

:shlick:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, if you didn't at the time go back and freeze-frame Lestat's email, there's some interesting stuff in there.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Doltos posted:

Went through this whole episode thinking that this was going to be worse than Freak Show then that ending finally made this season interesting. We got aliens!

Was she not a robot? wasn't it white goo and wires like in alien?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

haveblue posted:

Yeah, if you didn't at the time go back and freeze-frame Lestat's email, there's some interesting stuff in there.

Screenshot and share for us friend?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

haveblue posted:

:effort:

Just tell us and you’d have an awesome post. :nallears:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I’m at work, I just remembered that :/

If no one has posted grabs by the time I get home I’ll see what I can do.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Sometimes Reddit does good.

Email list spoilers, just in case:

• We learn the Purples are the worthy, while the grey’s are the help in Ep. 1. Now we find out the Red’s means marked for death.
  • There are 2 prominent candidates, even though Michael Langdon has his doubts (I’m sure it’s Timothy & Emily)
  • Michaels been in contact with other members of The Cooperative (as far as we can tell) for about 2 weeks.
  • The 5th email subject title “Intel: Surrogate Wombs” informs us that “All attempts at carrying a fetus have failed, we are altering the DNA of the fetus to potentially...”
  • The 7th email subject title “USA North America status” reads “Below are photos taken from the journey from outpost 319 to 312 (so there were at least 8 fallout shelters, even though Michael said the last 3 were overrun)
  • The 8th email subject title “Radiation mutation” states “Outpost 319 found radiation mutation positive. Termination of residents scheduled” (return of the mutated monsters Dr. Arden was working on in Asylum?)

e: Just in case they wanna do any ARG stuff with the show, I tried sending an email to the address. Let's see if anything happens.

Wungus fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 20, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I got you bb

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ENHANCE

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Honestly this season's already been way better than most seasons at this point. Like, it just seems like there was way more care put into things.

I mean, we've got the Chosen Couple being offered an apple by Satan to get forbidden knowledge; we had a first episode with a focus on greed and a second episode with a focus on lust, I'm all but certain Lestat is out there trying to find four horsemen for his apocalypse... counter this with every other season just having "hey what if there was a spooky ooky kooky and creepy thing" and an undercurrent of finding ways to torture women and gay men. I mean, there's still that, but there's just more going on.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I was bummed about Nana. I love Joan Collins.

I also loved the bit with ‘we had four different Chrises that could star in a movie!’

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
So google/gmail is still working. Thats interesting I guess.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

LadyPictureShow posted:

I was bummed about Nana. I love Joan Collins.

I also loved the bit with ‘we had four different Chrises that could star in a movie!’

Yeah Joan Collins was great and I lowkey wanted to see her survive til the end lmao, then she could just wile out in the Sanctuary with Jessica Lange or wherever the gently caress Constance may be hiding if she's alive in the present.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I mean...I don't think we've seen the last of Nana...

Naturally I only feel confident in saying that because it's common knowledge that we've got some Season 1 & 3 crossovers planned and NOBODY managed to stay dead in either of those seasons.

But otherwise I'm actually getting a strong Season 2 vibe from this season which is very very good because scientifically that's the best season. Please don't dispute me on this; it's science.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Whalley posted:

Honestly this season's already been way better than most seasons at this point. Like, it just seems like there was way more care put into things.

I mean, we've got the Chosen Couple being offered an apple by Satan to get forbidden knowledge; we had a first episode with a focus on greed and a second episode with a focus on lust, I'm all but certain Lestat is out there trying to find four horsemen for his apocalypse... counter this with every other season just having "hey what if there was a spooky ooky kooky and creepy thing" and an undercurrent of finding ways to torture women and gay men. I mean, there's still that, but there's just more going on.

I completely disagree this season has been really boring and torture the women/gays already. They're trying way too hard to be dark and are throwing out so much blatant exposition that it feels like I'm watching a 10th grader's fanfic. The characters are boring and blending together. I can't even remember anyone's name. Sarah Paulson and the big unit woman and Kathy Bates all blend together, Evan Peters and the gimp suit and the gay couple all blend together, ugly blonde girl and liza minelli are both equally useless, and the couple were completely boring until the last scene of the last episode.

This feels like Coven's take on Roanoke or something.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Leslie Grossman is beautiful and gr8 tyvm

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

smh disparaging mary cherry's looks like that

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Leslie Grossman is the scariest looking thing so far this season

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Doltos posted:

Leslie Grossman is the scariest looking thing so far this season

sad

I would give that vote to Kathy Bates' hairstyle

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Really enjoying the show this season. It's a lot more tightly-plotted than usual so far - by episode 2 in other seasons, we've had about 30 plots that inevitably go nowhere and get shot in the head by episode 5-7, but so far, everything's been pretty solid (with that reveal of Miss Trunchbull as a goddamn robot coming as a genuine wtf).

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Dienes posted:

Just caught up with episode 2 on Sling. I expected gimp suit this season. Can't say I expected Weyland-Yutani to show up. So I'm guessing is Kathy Bates one of the failed synthetic wombs and that's why she had such a hard-on for punishing humans capable of procreation?

I don’t know, she seemed pretty terrified of the revelation. She might have not known she was a robot.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

timp posted:

I mean...I don't think we've seen the last of Nana...

The first thing out of my mouth was ‘oh she’s gotta come back as a ghost!’

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

LadyPictureShow posted:

The first thing out of my mouth was ‘oh she’s gotta come back as a ghost!’

It'll be drat shame if they only brought Joan Collins on for two episodes.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I don’t know, she seemed pretty terrified of the revelation. She might have not known she was a robot.

That just means its all in her robot *~*~*~*~subconscious~*~*~*

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
American Horror Story: You guys, what if we put Westworld in Fallout, but also Satan and Witches??

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Loomer posted:

American Horror Story: You guys, what if we put Westworld in Fallout, but also Satan and Witches??

Imagine if Murphy just drew inspiration from all the current popular franchises. We'd have Jessica Lange turning into a pickle by episode five.

I like what they're doing, it seems more methodical than in the past, but I can't help but feel they ought to pick up the pace. Only ten episodes this time around, not sure if a lot of exposition confined to the walls of the outpost will be enough to carry it through, even with the promise of the ghosts and witches returning.

While the concept of Hell/demons in space has been done several times, actual aliens interacting with Satan is something that, to my knowledge, hasn't been done very much at all. And I always did think the aliens were grossly underutilized in Asylum, so as goofy as this season's battle royale is shaping out to be, I'm not opposed to having them return in some fashion to pile on.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
So, uh, the record changes song every time someone dies / is about to die, right? It's the show's equivalent of the statues from Ten Little Indiands / And Then There Were None.

It changed after Stu was cooked last week, and it changed again this week just before Evan Peters did some sexy murder to his grandmother.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That would make sense, Ten Little Indians has been specifically name dropped.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Interesting first two episodes. I think they try to symbolize what the season is about by the intro and those picture stills they put out. I remember a few years ago they did a contest for people to pick the image that fit the show. It was the season 6 contest. I doubt there's anything good for whomever gets to leave vault 3.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 22, 2018

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tenzarin posted:

I remember a few years ago they did a contest for people to pick the image that fit the show. It was the season 6 contest.

In that case, they were inviting you to guess what the show was about in the first place, because that year they didn't reveal anything about the plot or setting until airtime (it turned out to be Roanoke).

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

haveblue posted:

In that case, they were inviting you to guess what the show was about in the first place, because that year they didn't reveal anything about the plot or setting until airtime (it turned out to be Roanoke).

They were definitely secretly testing concepts. Pretty sure that's why we got a robot this season and killer clowns last season. :shrug:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Anyone try e-mailing The Collective Intelligence's gmail account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

They were definitely secretly testing concepts. Pretty sure that's why we got a robot this season and killer clowns last season. :shrug:

Killer Clowns seemed like more of a riff on Twisty, since he was many people's fave part of Freakshow.