Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

got the catch game sewed up

Gone be hanging that banner in about 2 weeks.

I got the NCHC.tv annual pass this year. I'm pretty pumped to hear the Beer Song being played behind the extremely uneven audio production of UMD home games.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

St. Cloud lost to Air Force because they loving suck. It isn't a loving mystery that Bob Motzko is a fat dipshit who can't dress himself or coach hockey.

Brett Larson, on the other hand

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

The Gophers can gently caress off

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

What the gently caress, Dogs

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/Biddco/status/1...9414886402?s=19

Don't forget our other banner from last season

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

NCHC.tv stream quality for the Bulldogs is pretty goddamn good. I hope it holds up for non-marquee matchups.

Is Michigan Tech any good? I can't follow them so I'm not sure what to expect. Best game I can get this weekend is Bemidji State vs North Dakota. That's loving sweet.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Mankato beats Boston U holy smokes.

Bemidji State loving owns. gently caress up North Dakota some more tomorrow.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Hunter Shepard? He's good, folks.

I know why BU lost to MSU. The unis are loving fire

https://twitter.com/msumavericks/st...8264935428?s=19

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Just put the Alaska teams in their own conference, give their conference champ an auto-bid to an all-Alaska NCAA tournament, and whichever team wins that tournament gets tickets to the Frozen Four for the whole team plus one guest each.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

If you merged Boston U and Boston College you still wouldn't have a win this weekend.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Denver good? I, for one, am shocked.

At least UND looks bad. Can the NCHC please kick Miami out and get Bemidji instead?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Ohio State loving sucks

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

loving BU is taking a beating so far this year.

Bulldogs vs Notre Dame is going to be loving insane.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

This Dogs team is loving good.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

We're in your loving head, Notre Dame.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

gently caress North Dakota and Minnesota

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

After last night's game either Wolff or Samberg said "We know they wanted to come out and get some redemption. So it was good to take that away from them."

So it isn't just the fans who are brutal assholes in college hockey.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

This season is already a clusterfuck. UMD is clearly the best team in the country. They'd probably not drop that game to Minnesota at this point in the year or after.

Who the gently caress else is there right now? Penn State, Denver, SCSU (probably), and loving Bowling Green?

edit: Minnesota State. They should be top 4.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 29, 2018

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Somebody gave Penn State a first place vote. Get the gently caress outta here!

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

How is Providence ranked higher than Notre Dame? The only good team Providence has played is Notre Dame, who loving destroyed them.

edit: I think ND wins the Big 10 and should be in the top 3 still. The Bulldogs have had their number for a long loving time, it's just how it goes sometimes. Whether it's just a mental thing or a system thing, ND is better than their games against UMD would suggest.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 29, 2018

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

5-0 motherfuckers

How many losses does your team have?

Motherfucker!

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Look, it's a respectful moniker that honors those peoples' noble tradition of being belligerent drunks.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

edit: this post is proof I attended UMD

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgr6p8L4emY

A classic UND vs Wisconsin brawl. A coworker of mine was shitfaced at this game and has some great stories about the entire day of festivities and the aftermath.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

UND can have the Sioux name back as long as they loving ban Chelsea Dagger and that ridiculous finger-bang goal celebration.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 3, 2018

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I hate the entire state of North Dakota, everyone who lives there (except the Native Americans obviously), and especially their dumb fuckin hockey team.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Mankato is loving scary good.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

gently caress Mankato for real though. It felt good to bounce those fuckers out of the tournament last year.

I can't loving wait for the Dogs to get a crack at them this year.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Neodoomium posted:

Michigan 2
Notre Dame 1

gently caress Notre Dame

They've been poo poo for about 5 straight games. What the gently caress is wrong with them, besides being loving garbage with garbage fans?

Denver, St. Cloud, North Dakota, and UMD are all loving good. Western Michigan is probably okay. The NCHC is once again a goddamn murderers' row.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Justin Wade and Jordan Gross, but defense hasn't really been their problem. They still have Wegworth, Malmquist, Nardella, Theisen, and O'Leary. That should be plenty of offense, but they're just not scoring.

Losing Gross and Ogilvie apparently hosed them up pretty good. Those guys were extremely good and were leaders.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Nov 10, 2018

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I think St. Cloud might be good this year.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

St. Cloud, Minnesota State, and UMD all being legit contenders for best team in college hockey is making for some extremely interesting interactions with co-workers.

A division manager in a meeting told me he went to St. Cloud after I mentioned I was going to the Frozen Four, and I said "Wow, you went to St. Cloud and they still let you manage? This is a pretty progressive organization!"

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

One of the most enjoyable aspects of college hockey is it makes rivals of graduates of 5 colleges in Minnesota. There is a definite pecking order in terms of perceived (or actual) academic quality, social class, and which group of students are actually the biggest posers.

A brief rundown, in order from lowest to highest average ACT score:

St. Cloud State University: located in the biggest shithole of a city in the entire state. Basically a gigantic trailer park next to a filthy river. SCSU is a safety school for idiots who aren't sure if their 17 on the ACT will get them into Mankato. The only people who go here are functionally illiterate, drunk when they applied and accepted admission, moon-faced townies, or auto dealership heirs/failsons.

Minnesota State University - Mankato: the "flagship" of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, of which SCSU and Bemidji are part, Mankato is a slightly better city than St. Cloud in terms of houses that have wheels, but still a boring cultural wasteland. Mankato is where you go to college if you are too smart to go to St. Cloud but too stupid to just kill yourself.

Bemidji State University: Bemidji is a goddamned gem of a city and an amazing. area to be in if you enjoy alcohol, the outdoors, and extremely lax academic expectations. Expect to be drunk a lot and have a ton of fun, but don't expect to be employable.

University of Minnesota-Duluth: UMD is the safety school for kids who don't get into the University of Minnesota, and the first choice for kids who plan to transfer after everyone forgets about how loving terrible they were at highschool. The city and the school tend to turn most students into diehards over time, even if they planned to leave. The constant spectre of hypothermia and the crushing despair of seeing the sun once a semester builds solidarity, I guess. Trampled by Turtles, Low, and Charlie Parr are loving cool and Duluth ia a great place to be if you know what you're doing.

University of Minnesota: cake-eating shitheads who couldn't get into Macalester or Madison. Dumb assholes who ruined the WCHA. Getting harder to get accepted, but once you're in you don't need to go to class anymore as long as you pay your bills on time. Been coasting on some championships that are contemporaneous with the building of the Eden Prarie Mall.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

There will be a ton of very fat dudes wearing RPI jerseys, if my experience is representative.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

BUG JUG posted:

St. Cloud: Correct

Mankato: Also correct but you forgot to mention how our name comes from Coach so like half credit, which at UMD is probably a B+ or something.

B+ at UMD is what you get for not showing up to the final high on bath salts.

UMD's unofficial nickname, which is used exclusively by me, is "Harvard of the North Woods." Which is why UMD's victory in the 2017 Frozen Four over Harvard was so significant. There can be only one true Harvard, and that title currently resides in Duluth.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 16, 2018

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Wow Luko buries Duluth you don't say I am shocked

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Me, when I meet Denver fans irl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw5UHkfnOAw

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

We are just incapable of beating Denver. Hopefully somebody like The Ohio State does the needful again this spring so we can hang another banner.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

The Dogs came back down 3-0 to loving Denver, of all teams, and won. Rankings mean nothing, this Dogs team is up there with the 2016-17 and 2010-2011 squads. Gotta get better at faceoffs against elite teams. They got killed on faceoffs all weekend, but their final two goals came directly off faceoffs wins. Imagine that.

Bulldogs out-shot Denver 84-43. Motherfucker. UMD came in ranked #1 in Corsi and DU #5. Putting up that kind of differential on the #5 squad is crazy.