Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I had fun at the surprisingly professional hockey game between Bama and Missouri State (both club teams). Bama has enough money to make me wonder; has any team made the jump in recent history to scholarship level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Dude I met that went to UAH said their program runs them about 1.5 mil a year. What does an actual competitive I-A program run a year?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

The ACHA hasn't announced its tournament schedule yet and I can't even tell who's playing. Anyone know what their format is and who's invited/makes the cut?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

DJExile posted:

If it's for club teams they probably can't keep to a specific number of teams. Club hockey is notoriously flaky and you have teams forming/dying/reforming a ton, and i'm guessing right now they're doing what they can just to see what teams would even be able to travel to Frisco before they set a bracket.

That makes a ton of sense, considering it's two weeks out with zero news. I know Bama pretty much finished at .500, but this sounds like a "show up and play" tournament so they might still go then? It's in Plano, TX this year (I've got family in Denton, which is the only reason I'm considering it).

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Yeah I was clicking around their website and they have actually have an ACHA shop, where you can....pay dues and fines. Which makes sense, making it easier on club teams to pay dues, but just looks weird as all hell.

Now that South Alabama has built their football stadium, I guess my new Powerball fantasy is becoming Bama hockey's sugar daddy and buying them a rink. On the condition that they name it the Barack Hussein Obama Victory Complex.