Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cavauro posted:

If you base your feelings about the american justice system on this trash case that isn't 1/10 as bad as some of the poo poo that happens in it, then you're a god drat wizard of hell who can do any magic you'd like at any time, and kill anyone, and become stronger than a bunch of people

I mean, yes those things are all true of me, but one thing that is fascinating about both this case, and WWE in general, is that they're a good microcosm of many of the problems in this country's legal system and business culture and practices. It hopefully wouldn't be the first and only thing that opens up someone's eyes, but it's a drat good representation of a dark, bigger picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Tomahawk posted:

knows how to fight irl

Hmm...

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Tomahawk posted:

CM Punk: cool, doesn’t do drugs, knows how to fight irl, rich, hot wife, CM stands for Chicago Man

Colt Cabana: ugly, fat, looks like a boardwalk caricature drawing of an actual person, can’t even afford legal fees, has a failed podcast

only losers dont do drugs

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Maybe if cm punk did a drug now and then he would chill out and stop being a dick

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Colt Cabana stand up comedy dressed as a police man

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So the only way this situation gets better from a popcorn standpoint, is WWE coming to fund Cabana's lawsuit.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Tomahawk posted:

CM Punk: cool, doesn’t do drugs, knows how to fight irl, rich, hot wife, CM stands for Chicago Man

Colt Cabana: ugly, fat, looks like a boardwalk caricature drawing of an actual person, can’t even afford legal fees, has a failed podcast

The podcast is pretty sucessful

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lid posted:

Are we posting things from our google search bar

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

So the only way this situation gets better from a popcorn standpoint, is WWE coming to fund Cabana's lawsuit.

That would actually be hilarious and I selfishly want it to happen now

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Lid posted:

I will have no one disparage Juggalo Championshit Wrestling mega-heel Officer Jack Offerson, sworn enemy of the mysterious Weedman.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Onmi posted:

Announce it on Monday the same day they officially recognize Lesnar overtook Punk's longest title reign for that extra shred of pettiness (and assuming my googling is right).

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

a big fat bunny posted:

Announce it on Monday the same day they officially recognize Lesnar overtook Punk's longest title reign for that extra shred of pettiness (and assuming my googling is right).

They already acknowledged Lesnar breaking Punk's record two months ago.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Reminder that punk only got title reigns because WWE's cadre of top guys were all hurt. And they kept the belt on him but put his title defenses mid card or opening matches because that's how WWE treats organically made draws.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Jerusalem posted:

I'm not joking, from the summaries I read it sounded like he literally got on the stand and said,"This didn't affect my professional life in any way, didn't affect how my peers or co-workers or employer saw me, didn't affect my private practice (which I don't have) at all and I lost no money real or potential in any way... but I felt bad for a little bit at Thanksgiving, give me 40 million dollars."
He did, at one point, try to cite his malpractice insurance premiums and deductible going up a lot after the podcast, but that was dropped before trial: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/cm-punk-subpoena-request-wwe-could-cost-him-120000

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Horrible Taste posted:

They already acknowledged Lesnar breaking Punk's record two months ago.

it doesn't count if you only have one match against the same guy every two months

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

davidbix posted:

He did, at one point, try to cite his malpractice insurance premiums and deductible going up a lot after the podcast, but that was dropped before trial: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/cm-punk-subpoena-request-wwe-could-cost-him-120000

Wasn't that dropped because it turned out his premiums had gone up exactly the same as everybody else's were going up and it demonstrably had nothing to do with Punk at all?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Jerusalem posted:

Wasn't that dropped because it turned out his premiums had gone up exactly the same as everybody else's were going up and it demonstrably had nothing to do with Punk at all?
I haven't heard that specifically reported or seen a ruling on it, no.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Tomahawk posted:

I don't believe any of these are true. I know for a fact some of them (cool, knows how to fight, Chicago Man) aren't.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Punk is just following the trend of every punk who got to middle class and above. Becoming a gently caress you got mine, NIMBY tory boy who thinks he's still anti establishment because he listens to guys with tattoos and says gently caress in polite conversation.

We should have known what was happening when we found out he was a Landlord.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Ad by Khad posted:

I don't believe any of these are true. I know for a fact some of them (cool, knows how to fight, Chicago Man) aren't.

Defamation suits are on the rise, everything posted here needs to be truthy.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gonzo McFee posted:

Wait wait wait - is he renting out units in the building he lives in?

I never heard this

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

Punk is just following the trend of every punk who got to middle class and above. Becoming a gently caress you got mine, NIMBY tory boy who thinks he's still anti establishment because he listens to guys with tattoos and says gently caress in polite conversation.

Your comment implies punk is a UK thing.

Punk started in NY, sir. :colbert:

It's the same thing because Punk became Johnny Ramone.

EugeneJ posted:

Wait wait wait - is he renting out units in the building he lives in?

I never heard this

I'm doing literally no research but it's my understanding a tattoo parlor opened in the building he owns.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Punk started in the 60s in the midwest, sorry. It was the sudden surge in garage bands and the accompanying zine culture that coined the term Punk. It hit New York and London because that's where musicians went to "make it."

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Gonzo McFee posted:

CM Punk posted:

what do my knuckles say

quote:

L A N D L O R D

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

quote:

BADF REND

(not enough knuckles)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

The Berzerker posted:

(not enough knuckles)

quote:

A B A D F R I E N D

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hey Colt, what do my knuckles say?

[The entire lawsuit filing of Punk extorting hundreds of thousands of dollars from Colt is written on his knuckles in small font]

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

H E H A T E M E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I was a big Punk fan back in the ROH days and was so excited when he came to WWE. I thought his WWE run was not great but I also stopped watching WWE around then. The stuff in 2011 with MITB and whatnot was great. It is a bummer that he is an rear end in a top hat but I am not very surprised.

Cabana is a weird awkward walking fridge. He seems like a nice guy. I don't listen to his podcast much anymore especially since the format change but I still like him. If you want to hear more about how much of a weirdo he is, listen to the episode of This Feels Terrible he did, a podcast about relationships, to hear how bad he is at dates and stuff.

• Locked thread