Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Malcolm Excellent posted:

CM Punk seems like a good friend.

The really weird thing is you hear stories like,"Punk paid off my mortgage when I casually mentioned I'd had to tighten my belt" but then the next day you hear,"I asked Punk to bring potato salad to the cookout and he set fire to an effigy of me on my parents' lawn."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ijii posted:

Does anybody have a summary on how Amman presented his case on how he suffered monetary damages? I can't help but feel that this case should have been thrown out at the start. Hard to believe the case went on as long as it did and cause Colt to lose out that much in legal fees.

I'm not joking, from the summaries I read it sounded like he literally got on the stand and said,"This didn't affect my professional life in any way, didn't affect how my peers or co-workers or employer saw me, didn't affect my private practice (which I don't have) at all and I lost no money real or potential in any way... but I felt bad for a little bit at Thanksgiving, give me 40 million dollars."

The case was clearly bankrolled by WWE with the intention of loving over CM Punk in revenge for walking away from the company and being open about how lovely they were. That was the only reason Cabana was included, because they knew it would put pressure/strain on Punk. They probably thought he would settle/apologize (a win for them) but if he didn't it would chew up a ton of cash and negatively affect his life. Amman may have lost the case and made him look far worse than the podcast ever did, but Punk had to burn through a lot of money and it obviously ruined his relationship with Cabana in the process.

Remember, this is the company that "accidentally" sent him a,"You're fired!" letter on the day of his wedding. They're petty beyond belief.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

davidbix posted:

He did, at one point, try to cite his malpractice insurance premiums and deductible going up a lot after the podcast, but that was dropped before trial: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/cm-punk-subpoena-request-wwe-could-cost-him-120000

Wasn't that dropped because it turned out his premiums had gone up exactly the same as everybody else's were going up and it demonstrably had nothing to do with Punk at all?

• Locked thread