Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Quintana sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sydin posted:

They've pretty much played around .500 ball since the ASB and are only still in first by grace of the Brewers also being mired in mediocrity.

They have like a -28 run differential since the break and are lucky to have even been playing .500 ball.

Let's face it, it's tough to go far with one of the worst starting rotations in baseball. Even if this team gets in the playoffs and the offense turns around, who the gently caress besides Hamels do you trust to pitch a playoff game?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Pancakes posted:

I really just don’t understand the appeal of bobbleheads. We have a bunch of White Sox ones just by virtue of attending games with giveaways that are taking up space in our closet.

You should throw them up on Ebay. I've collected them for a long time. Started mainly when I'd get them at games. Probably have 100 now but I'd say most are from having season tickets to the Bulls for 12 years.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

At least Addy can hit....

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Why is Heyward hitting 2nd?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

David Bote remains a cool and good player

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Popete posted:

Idk what to do, I miss Kris Bryant but I don't want to see Bote go.

Play Bote at 2B and Javy at SS. That's their best lineup.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Get hosed Braun

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Well poo poo

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

WTF is this ump doing?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He needed that

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Whoever spotted that well done

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Schwarber would have caught that and broke through the wall

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Kirios posted:

How come Bote isn't an everyday player at this point? Surely he's deserved it.

Joe Maddon

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

gently caress Urena. gently caress Mattingly. And gently caress Jeter.

They also hosed us from seeing potential history.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This Cubs offense is crap these days

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

And on cue

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

3 errors in 2 innings

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He got paid

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

2 bad offenses has made this a boring series

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/ESPNChiCubs/status/1031254756013092864?s=19

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Get him out Joe

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Maddon is such trash sometimes

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Like it didn't take a genius to see Q was toast

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

He had retired 10 straight and except for a misplayed grounder it would have been 11. I’m not surprised Joe let him try to work out of it.

His numbers 3rd time through the order are atrocious. And he walked a guy who doesnt walk.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Glad La Stella is on this team and batting lead off today

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Does Joe look at who the worst hitters on the team are and decide they should get the most at-bats?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sydin posted:

Zobrist is the best hitter on the team right now, he just doesn't have it today.

I'm talking La Stella leading off. Or when Heyward is hitting 3rd while Schwarber is 6th and Contreras is 7th on a daily basis.

I know order doesn't matter but getting your better hitters more at-bats does matter. Why give La Stella an extra at-bat at the top of the lineup when he's your team's worst hitter? Why have Heyward get 30-40 more at-bats than Schwarber this season because of where he hits in the order? It's just stupid old-time garbage.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The dumbest loving team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I cant wait till Bryant is back and we dont have to watch Russell play

• Locked thread