Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
My newest invention is a "Link Cable" for computers. Remember Nintendo's original Game Boy and Game Boy Color? You could connect two of them with a link cable to play two player games. For example, you could play two player Tetris, or battle your Pokémon team against a friend's. My idea is a Link Cable for computers. You could use it to play two player games, but you could also use it to collaborate on important work projects, such as a powerpoint file.

Let me know what you think about my new invention. Name: Cable X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy
Any chance that Cable X can be used to link a human to a computer? I don't know much about neuroscience (I'm a Software Engineer) but it strikes me that the brain is basically just another type of computer so it can't be that hard. I ran some numbers and it seems like crushing code via Cable X might be 2-3 times as fast as using a keyboard, so let me know.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
you can link 2 mac's together with fire wire cables

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
can Cable X help you collaborate on other file types too? .mp3 and .wav?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

If I have one piece of advice, it's not to try to make cable x use the universal serial bus, or "U. S. B." interface. There is already a cable that lets people connect two computers to each other that way, but the people who use it do not talk about it because their computers do not work anymore. It is a very good cable for the computer world.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

hmmm just tossin ideas here but.. what if you could plug in four computers for four player action like the gba could..

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
what if we had a multitap, like on the NES and SNES, so that you could plug two keyboards and two mouses into the same computer. then you could play two player games or collaborate on important powerpoint files but you only need one computer. computers are very expensive and not everyone has one, but keyboards and mouses are pretty cheap

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Would Cable X be available for all computers? I would very much like to connect my "IBM compatible" PC to a friend's Apple Macintosh (hehe, shouldn't that be Macintosh Apple? ;) a little 'fruity humor' if you will)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Please exclude Amiga computers, however. Their users are often not good examples of Godly behavior. Thank you

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
the Amiga is good and deserves a piece of this Cable X action, actually

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
can't wait for the Sharp X68000 Cable X

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
A CD ROM drive that you plug into the top of your computer.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

creationist believer posted:

what if we had a multitap, like on the NES and SNES, so that you could plug two keyboards and two mouses into the same computer. then you could play two player games or collaborate on important powerpoint files but you only need one computer. computers are very expensive and not everyone has one, but keyboards and mouses are pretty cheap

good thinking

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
op i recommend calling this product “iCable” so that it’ll work with macs and be sold at the apple store. whenever i go into one of those they are so clean and i never have to worry about getting bitten by rats or getting new lice. they sell wangblows junk anywhere like even at the goddamn gas station. don’t dilute your brand like that.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

President Beep posted:

op i recommend calling this product “iCable” so that it’ll work with macs and be sold at the apple store. whenever i go into one of those they are so clean and i never have to worry about getting bitten by rats or getting new lice. they sell wangblows junk anywhere like even at the goddamn gas station. don’t dilute your brand like that.

gill bates has a micro shaft lol!!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Silver Alicorn posted:

gill bates has a micro shaft lol!!

fully. sick. rofl!!!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

allowing computers to send messages to each other sounds like a mess waiting to happen if you ask me.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yeah. wed better just stop this right here, tbqh.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
What if Mario goes from my gameboy into someone else’s and then the cable falls out? Will Mario be lost forever?

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Once as a dumb childe I tried to connect two computes using the parallel ports because I wanted to play war2.exe against my buddy.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

serial cable my dude.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Silver Alicorn posted:

serial cable my dude.

careful your computer doesn't get stuck in a "froot loop"!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

oh poo poo, man. is this for real?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

tru. lost many a computer harvest to this bug.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
Name your startup Cablr

100m series A guaranteed

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

tethr

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Blockhain based PowerPoint collab solution

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

the chewable cable for the non technical infant

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

flakeloaf posted:

the chewable cable for the non technical infant

oh, poo poo. you've just bottled lightning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

President Beep posted:

oh poo poo, man. is this for real?

oh, friend, you've led a lucky charmed life to not have encountered such a problem

• Locked thread