Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Now, hear me out on this one, what if we campaigned hard in New York City and Los Angeles to drive up the vote there and ensure we 'win the popular vote'. Winning the electoral college will take care of itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

if we spend another billion on election advertising in Texas it might actually go blue this cycle

brilliant, lets set up our own pac, get the national donors on lock down and make sure that from La Paso to Hoston they see nothing but blue!

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

We're running against trump? OK, so we're definitely going to win no matter what happens so let's just take the mask all the way off for this one. Call Bernie supporters pedophiles, don't campaign in swing states, ignore down ballot candidates, just completely poo poo all over poor people's dream of a better country. It's like what are the little peons going to do, not vote? Ha! like low voter turnout would ever happen in an American election.

DariusLikewise posted:

if we spend another billion on election advertising in Texas it might actually go blue this cycle

Because if there's one thing that Texans just absolutely love it's a female democrat with the last name of Clinton.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Koishi Komeiji posted:

We're running against trump? OK, so we're definitely going to win no matter what happens so let's just take the mask all the way off for this one. Call Bernie supporters pedophiles, don't campaign in swing states, ignore down ballot candidates, just completely poo poo all over poor people's dream of a better country. It's like what are the little peons going to do, not vote? Ha! like low voter turnout would ever happen in an American election.

Because if there's one thing that Texans just absolutely love it's a female democrat with the last name of Clinton.

listen you've got to stop thinking about 2016, its over done gone. the threats of the future are here and now. we dont have the privilege to sit around anymore. we have to act.

what are we going to do about the dsa

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

because i cant figure out who hires their consultants and who i need to donate to for a contract

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
Look according to everything I've read and seen, leftist policies are more popular than they've ever been with a huge swath of American voters, particularly within our base, so we really need to figure out the best way to tack right and pick up moderate Republicans who are no doubt finally sick of Trump and willing to vote Democrat.

bearbaiter
May 30, 2011
Now I know it's tempting to write off the right wing voters who think we're all in a cabal of Jewish cannibal pedophiles as a lost cause, but hear me out

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Your stump speeches needs less of that divisive inequality talk and more breathlessly praising Ronald Reagan.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

The millions of people watching the DNC need to have an inspirational voice to introduce Hillary Clinton and unite the two parts of our party. I'll call Michael Bloomberg

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

We need the redne- I mean southern vote so we'll have Hillary say one sentence in a corny hick accent while giving a speech.

We need the ni- I mean black vote, so we'll have Hillary go on some black people show and do a traditional rap style dance. (is Soul Train still a thing? We might need to reach out to Bill Cosby on this one.)

We need the whippersn- I mean young vote so we'll have Hillary "tweet" something about student loans while using lots of "emojis"

We need the spi- I mean Mexican vote, so we'll have Huffingtonpost tell everyone that Hillary is their "El grandma-o" or something.

We need the fa- I mean queer vote, so we'll have Hillary go on Ellen and do a traditional gay style dance. (Not too gay though, lol!)

And last but certainly not least we need the respected Republican colleague vote so we'll have Hillary shift to the right and give these gentlemen whatever they want.

Ok, I think that covers everyone in the country and it's almost happy hour so I will see you all in 2020 :wave:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Crazy Rich Asians is huge - I think we can tap an extremely broad and lucrative market of Asians that work in Private Equity - that'll put us over the top in *checks notes* New York City

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sab0921 posted:

Crazy Rich Asians is huge - I think we can tap an extremely broad and lucrative market of Asians that work in Private Equity - that'll put us over the top in *checks notes* New York City

you joke but this is not far off from their actual strategy

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Why would we campaign in Minnesota? Those rubes voted for Walter Mondale!

*Hillary barely wins MN by 1.5%

See? no problem

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who gives a red gently caress about gerrymandering and voter suppression when we can just blame Russian twitter trolls?

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

I hear this Tim Kaine fella is the ideal running mate.

bearbaiter
May 30, 2011
jobs? voters dont care about jobs

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

bearbaiter posted:

jobs? voters dont care about jobs

Deficit spending? Now there's a question Americans will stay up at night about

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
We'll get Sarah Silverman to unite the Democrat Party again at the Convention in 2020.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Listen, elections are all about voter enthusiasm now, so we need to focus all our energy on winning over enthusiastic Republican voters.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sab0921 posted:

you're hired

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

CassandraZara posted:

you're hired

*never actually pays you, cuts off spending account microseconds after candidate's predictable defeat*

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Captain_Maclaine posted:

*never actually pays you, cuts off spending account microseconds after candidate's predictable defeat*

lol only suckers dont get commission on ads

also tv ads are the only way to win political campaigns

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Wait, did they actually get commisions on the ads they placed?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Syncopated posted:

Wait, did they actually get commisions on the ads they placed?

oh hell yes you do, 10-15% is industry standard

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

If they're working in ad firms it makes sense I guess.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

My god, it's beautiful. Our entire political system like the Titanic except the lifeboats are filled with copper wire the crew ripped out of the walls.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Russia is the only story that matters.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

consultants are incentivized to wait until the last possible minute to buy the ads at the highest possible prices and increase their commission cut.

also I know we're democratic consultants but republican consultants are equally skilled at grifting off of rube candidates and I have a personal anecdote to go with it

I am friends with a republican city council person in a small suburban town (yea, I know, this was years ago if it's any consolation) and anyone who knows anything about local elections knows that knocking on doors and direct mailers are how these elections work. Anyway, she was talking up this consultant who is some big wig in the state GOP and probably was relevant 30 years ago. Every election the local party would retain him to design and send out some direct mailers and when I saw one of his pieces I immediately realized it was a garbage wall of text and lovely images. It cost $2,500 for printing and postage, while any normal person could have ordered the same thing on vistaprint for about $700 (i did the math). That's when I first realized that "political consultant" was the scam of a lifetime and everything I've witnessed since then has reinforced it.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

consultants are incentivized to wait until the last possible minute to buy the ads at the highest possible prices and increase their commission cut.

also I know we're democratic consultants but republican consultants are equally skilled at grifting off of rube candidates and I have a personal anecdote to go with it

I am friends with a republican city council person in a small suburban town (yea, I know, this was years ago if it's any consolation) and anyone who knows anything about local elections knows that knocking on doors and direct mailers are how these elections work. Anyway, she was talking up this consultant who is some big wig in the state GOP and probably was relevant 30 years ago. Every election the local party would retain him to design and send out some direct mailers and when I saw one of his pieces I immediately realized it was a garbage wall of text and lovely images. It cost $2,500 for printing and postage, while any normal person could have ordered the same thing on vistaprint for about $700 (i did the math). That's when I first realized that "political consultant" was the scam of a lifetime and everything I've witnessed since then has reinforced it.

yeah at least on the democratic side you can blame your insane costs on "union print shops" and no one will question you

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

tired: workers
wired: professionals
inspired: working professionals

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Trump's pretty bad, lets do nothing and see what happens.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

The Aardvark posted:

I hear this Tim Kaine fella is the ideal running mate.

Unacceptable, he's a bernie broe
https://twitter.com/CoreyStewartVA/status/1030534209998385155

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tax credit funding to re-skill west virginian coal miners in data consolidation center training.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jabberlock posted:

Trump's pretty bad, lets do nothing and see what happens.

Trump is SO BAD that we don't have to do anything and can spend all our time punching left, it's easy money.

*after losing* okay but there's no way he wins TWICE, stay the course

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
The data points, and more importantly product points, of previous iterations of our turnout model cannot be fully applied to current market sets, which is why we recommend consolidation of disparate centers of activity. Post-consolidation onboarding will provide you, the candidate, with deep-diving, cross-tablulating informatics that will result in a voter-use breakthrough of 0.1% to 0.27%.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Slamhound posted:

The data points, and more importantly product points, of previous iterations of our turnout model cannot be fully applied to current market sets, which is why we recommend consolidation of disparate centers of activity. Post-consolidation onboarding will provide you, the candidate, with deep-diving, cross-tablulating informatics that will result in a voter-use breakthrough of 0.1% to 0.27%.

*immediately backhands the intern who dared to say "what if we just had a platform that voters liked instead"*

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Yinlock posted:

*immediately backhands the intern who dared to say "what if we just had a platform that voters liked instead"*

The VOTERS!!!...*ahem*...

*breathes in*

*breathes out*

...the voters...typically respond to non-typical intro-outro mode-changing stylistics. While, yes, platforming commonly out-performs the more common side-analytics, our methodology in-performs the less common factionality-voter type.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Yinlock posted:

Trump is SO BAD that we don't have to do anything and can spend all our time punching left, it's easy money.

*after losing* okay but there's no way he wins TWICE, stay the course

2024:

There’s no way America is gonna elect Ivanka Trump, we got this in the bag. 8 years of President Corey Booker garunteed folks.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
No. Do it. gently caress your convictions. gently caress giving kids better schooling. Cut the loving taxes so you can get re-elected again by those fox watching mental vacuums, so they can feel that they have a "win." Yeah we know that this is going to bite you and the whole democratic party in rear end later especially by those loving those pseudo-leftist who's only claim to intelligence is that they DON'T watch fox news.

Look: if you're voted out; the republican, who is going to be voted in, will cut the taxes three times as much. Those kids are hosed either way, the only difference is if they are going not to have new text books or if they're going to be beaten by their subsidized farmer parents.

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 19:36 on Aug 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Nastier Nate posted:

2024:

There’s no way America is gonna elect Ivanka Trump, we got this in the bag. 8 years of President Corey Booker garunteed folks.

America turns out in droves for neoliberal platforms as long as a black guy is selling it, just look at Obama's success!

• Locked thread