Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

gently caress it let's find out if I can play two mafias at a time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

also I love to setupsperg so role madness seems to be right up my alley

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

##vote Nat20

I feel like there's some carry-over. From what, I could never possibly imagine...

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

GenericGirlName posted:

How many squids that can turn into kids are in this game?

trueclaim: i'm a squid, pls no lunch

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

Let’s turbo someone

Works for me

##vote SolusLunes

wait poo poo

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

omg he's turning Australian

morning all!

LYNCH THE BOGAN

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

so uh i'm probably not going to be able to pay too much attention to this until Monday I'm so sorry plz don't kill me

turbolynch

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

rip d1, we hardly knew ye

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Also is it just me or does it seem like there's a tendency to use dayvigs/day actions on d1?

Wouldn't it be smarter to hold that stuff until a more decisive moment?

One day I'll get a dayvig and understand the power. One day...

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Xad posted:

Yeah nobody is good at mafia, but ESPECIALLY nobody is THAT good at mafia

Be the best at being the worst

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Xad posted:

I think if Hal gave any justification for activating the thunderdome day 1 I'd be more inclined to believe that they're both town, but unless I'm missing a post or something I don't see why he thinks sal should die

I wonder if he even considered that he would, given that it's d1 and it's time for dayaction gimmicks

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

hey if you are the scum please raise your hand. honesty is the best policy

also this still feels like d1 thanks hal

it's me, I'm the scum :boom:

though honestly I don't know what to make of this.

One dead town, one dead scum, and one dead 3p. Not really a hostile-to-town 3p, but hey, I'll take it.

I have no actual good scumreads! :cop:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

That, and I'm like two hours into Octopath Traveler, and I don't know who my character is in the game.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

It's not rocket science why we have 3 dead people. I mean read KB's ability. He went to kill Nat 20 (to get revenge on Winefia). B- also tracked Nat20 because why not. KB's ability triggers and kills all 3 of them. If I can figure this out then I don't know why it's confusing for others.

Less confusing, more 'I haven't had the time to properly read things or give it a think'.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

It's not rocket science why we have 3 dead people. I mean read KB's ability. He went to kill Nat 20 (to get revenge on Winefia). B- also tracked Nat20 because why not. KB's ability triggers and kills all 3 of them. If I can figure this out then I don't know why it's confusing for others.

Now that I'm reading this again, this theory sounds unlikely. Simply because that excludes any possibility of any factional night kill, or that they didn't use it N1. Which would be pants on head retarded.

KB killed Nat20. Because, well, continuing the meta.

binus got killed by the scum NK.

That sounds more likely to me.

You COULD swap Nat or binus' positions, it would work that way too, but that doesn't change the fact that you just outright dismissed the possibility of a scum NK by jumping in and throwing your theory out first.

Plus, you're kind of super aggressive when you're scum.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

are you of the opinion then, that both Hal and Sal are likely town?

you don't seem to have weighed in on it at all when the thunderdome was actually in play.

I always forget to post D1 because it's D1 but hey things keep happening then!

Sal's possibly scum, because of what I said in my last post.

Hal is, well, I mean, "I have a day power so I'm gonna use it D1." If this wasn't so common I'd be able to read something into it.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

uh it's a pretty solid reading as to why there were three deaths tho. would have thought scum would save a suicide bomber role like that for later, but eh

Xad posted:

I dunno man putting together that maybe KB did the kill and that's why there's 3 dead people isn't the hardest thing to do based on the flips

doesn't mean he's for sure definitely not scum, but it's weird that you're acting like only scum would think that?

SalTheBard posted:

It's not any insider knowledge, it's me playing seriously and connecting some very easily deciphered dots.

Also look at these people pushing Sal's flawed night kill logic! I'm willing to maybe consider that Sal isn't scum and didn't think the kills all the way through, BUT I'm not willing to overlook that Xad and ICR decided that Sal's very-bad-theory-if-you-give-it-a-minute's-thought was worth pushing!

Things scum does:
1. Not advance their own theories
2. Advance other people's wrong theories

That said, scumbos, it's a bad call to push really bad theories.

And Xad is trying to prevent Hambeet from pressuring the theory.

##vote Xad

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SolusLunes posted:

##vote Xad

(i just want to hear Xad and ICR's justifications for picking up a very bad theory and running with it)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

I feel like voting for someone and then immediately telling them that it's just because you want to hear a theory sort of defeats the purpose

I mean, if I was unable to post/read the thread for the entire rest of D2, I'd be comfortable voting for them still

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

What? KB was doing the NK that's why he died. Did you even read his ability? It's so loving straight forward and the fact that you are being this purposefully obtuse makes me wonder why you are dismissing it.

Did you also miss the post where I said 'When my protection ability triggers it puts +1 vote on people". Given that I protected myself and have 2 permanent votes makes me think at least one person tried to kill me.

##vote Solus

You are being very scummy right now.

That's his ability, friend. That's most likely not the factional night kill, given that it's pretty obviously a one-shot.

I guess it makes sense that your thing triggered to save yourself? I'll admit that I totally missed that post. That does say to me though that someone else had the factional kill.

Finally, have you considered chillaxing?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

hambeet posted:

my theory was literally me just farting at the thread. it was bad. so the irony here is somewhat delicious. no, my fart's not delicious, that's gross.

hambeet sniffs his own farts

##unvote
##vote hambeet

self-fart sniffers are scum

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Gee I wonder why I'm so annoyed about it

Honestly though I think it's a super-interesting mechanic- all of the abilities have drawbacks (probably?)

I know yours does, binus's did, mine does, and KB's did. Nat's ability didn't, though it was kind of a pain in the rear end (specific jestering).

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

:tinfoil: theory

If Solus is right and scum was still able to nk on top of that ability...

What if KB targeted Sal hoping someone would target him as a way of testing his claim (which turned out to be b-), and Sal got two Anon votes because he technically had to protect himself twice (Target by KB and targeting himself from KB's ability). Then B- and KB die from the hunt, and Nat20 ends up as the regular nightkill.

That'd be cool.

you sniff farts, man

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

Sorry about that. Between a weekend full of migraines and work smashing me, I kind of fell behind on this game. I'm working on catching up on my reads atm.

Just going off my drive by posts, though, I really feel like Solus is talking from a perspective where he knows how that ability works. It reads too certain of the mechanics to me?

I mean, the flip's there. It's pretty clear how the ability works. Doesn't say anything about having to be the only NK, and denying scum their traditional factional kill would be... well, let's just say 'extremely odd'. There's almost zero chance that was the only kill attempt. Unless scumteam is mindgames as gently caress this time around.

Do you legitimately think that there isn't a factional nightkill for scum?

Yami Fenrir posted:

Namely, Solus is pushing a Sal is scum perspective, because... Sal didn't think about the mechanics of that ability? What?

Surprisingly, no! I wasn't pushing a Sal IS scum, I was pushing a Sal MIGHT BE scum. Only a scum (or cop, I guess) deals in absolutes. Honestly I'm cooling more on Sal the more I think about it, given that I completely missed his earlier post about how his ability works.

I'd say this was more a push for Xad/ICR, but how do you read it as just Sal?

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also what does "pushing flawed night kill logic" even mean? People are dead, we saw the flips. Does it really matter who killed who and how unless we got a result damning them? I don't get it.

That was from my original thinking that Sal was claiming that all the kills were from KB's ability. This was a misinterpretation on my part, given that there was most likely a factional kill attempt on Sal himself (given the +2 permavotes for him now), or IcePhoenix is right with his :tinfoil:.

And yes, absolutely it matters who killed who and how. Why would it ever not?

I absolutely made a mistake when I forgot about Sal's ability and how it works. That said, I never made a hard push on Sal for scum, and I'm surprised that you are both:

1. Calling it a hard push for Sal, when it was more a push for Xad/ICR
2. Somehow thinking there's a possibility of no factional kill

If anything, you're pinging me harder than Sal ever did, and probably more than Xad/ICR.

Anyway, hello from the bandwagon vote!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

I really can't help but feel Solus started with "Sal is scum" and worked there way backwards here.

But I want to point out that that's probably pretty solid criticism of me most of the time- I do a lot of working backwards (given my apparent propensity to get cop roles, so I can do that.)

However!

Couldn't be that this time, because I didn't reach the 10 post minimum for using my ability tonight. No way I could have worked backwards from any info (because lol, I'm bad at posting day 1)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

I never said there wouldn't be, since it'd be weird af? I just thought it replaces the night kill. Maybe I just have a different modding philosophy but I'd certainly put it in the description if it's in addition to the scum kill, since it's additional killing power for scum and all.

I simply am suspicious of how certain you are of your logic here.

The post kind of felt focused mostly on Sal to me? I kind of parsed it as a "look at Sal, and then look at how Xad/ICR are interacting with him" kind of post.

Also, please explain how it matters? How will it help finding scum?

I'm certain of my logic because look at this flip:

Note the phrasing "follow the scum player performing THE NIGHT KILL". This screams factional kill to me.

Next, check KB's flip.

Nowhere in there does it state that it replaces any factional kills.

Sure it's additional killing power for scum, but it costs a scum to do it. Which is probably a bad call unless you're certain of getting more than one from it (and night 1? honestly if I was scum I'd want to do a suicide bomber at a later time).

Flips and who killed who help find scum, because more points of information give scum more chances to screw up and get caught, and become unable to keep to the factually defined narrative.

that, and scum tend to not pay as much attention to kills they weren't involved in

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

I'd rather know WHO killed someone rather than how someone died. Especially with this many people still alive, it seems rather pointless chaff to me?

How someone died is generally a pretty good first clue as to whodunnit.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

I can't believe I missed this.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I think we're kind of arguing past each other here - you're arguing that it doesn't say it replaces the night kill, I'm saying it doesn't say in addition to the normal night kill.

Anyway, from my little amount of SA experience I've been told the opposite? That people deliberately kill people that give as little info as possible?

You may very well be right. This is only my third SA mafia game, and I died N1 in the first one.

You DO have a point from earlier that this is mostly pointless, I do have a tendency to super sperg over the slightest scraps of information. Either way, I want to see more of what other people have to say about it.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

yuming posted:

I am also thrown off by the vast amount of setup spec and night action puzzling in a wacky game with one night phase and a weird half day one.

welcome to 'playing mafia games with solus'

in my defense though I was spot the gently caress on with winefia

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

hambeet posted:

So not because you're not a cop? :v:

Could be one. Could not be one. No way I could have done cop things N1 if I was a cop. :iiam:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Another thought before I go to bed, but I think it's funny how Solus came in posting up a storm right before deadline but came up one post short, I assume because he saw how many posts he needed but did the math wrong because he had two posts before game start instead of just one.

That would be precisely it! I posted a bunch and thought 'yes, now I am at ten'

I wasn't at ten

I count very well

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Solus has since switched his vote to Beet, with this incredible reasoning.

:what:

This on top of the post spam at the deadline to (attempt to) save his action just seems suuuuper shady to me

##vote Solus

dear ice:

joke votes

Seriously it's like obvious non-serious votes are justification to get lynched now

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

That said in order to make sure that beet doesn't get turbo'd due to my joke vote:

##unvote

are you happy, funkiller

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Was Xad a jokevote too or did you just switch off a seriousvote to a jokevote on d2 and then just leave it there for almost the entire game day *~For The Lulz~*

Xad was not a jokevote, but what Yami said made me reconsider it.

I left it there for the entire game day because I wasn't here, and I didn't think it was a huge deal, given that the highest vote-getters are still me and Sal, with a whopping two votes each.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Xad posted:

what the

there are like five hours left until deadline(ish) that wouldn't even be a "turbo" but also that was uh the only vote on beet why are you so worried about it getting him killed?

I'm not. Ice apparently was.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

hambeet posted:

Woah my self conscious detector is going bananas.

##vote soluslunes

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I regret the fact that I've done nothing d2 aside from create a whole bunch of chaff that scum can hide in.

oh wait I spent the day scumhunting too, first thing

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I feel like people are trying to paint this picture of me in this game that's just not accurate at all.

Honestly, it's the phrasing of your posting. It does kind of convey a bit of rage/nerves. And of course, text being devoid of normal cues, that's how it gets read.

Ironically, denying it just makes it worse. Kind of a poo poo deal, ain't it?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

So let's make a deal here thread- as I (very obviously, and extremely shadily alluded to earlier) am the town cop and don't want to be lynched, I'll lay all my cards down.

If I check someone, and they're town, nothing happens. I simply know they're town.

If they're Not Town (not specifically scum, but 3p included), a random townie dies, but I inherit their ability.

Obviously this is less than ideal. If I call out my read before the night starts, and I die, we can still get info about their scumminess because a townie died.

Basically if there are more night kills than expected my read is scum, even if I'm dead and can't confirm it.

I am thinking of reading IP the first night, because I am not 100% sure he's scum, but he's a point of contention. Either way we'd be sure on him tomorrow.

Thoughts?

(of course this is all dependent on not getting lunched)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

yuming posted:

Solus: If you call out your plan on who to cop you could be redirected or otherwise messed with.

I remember the breadcrumb but I'm p neutral on the claim.

gently caress I forgot buses

plus kashuno being a random nexus last game screwed me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

oh loving lol

That's about how I would respond to my claims after watching my poo poo posting too

(it's true though)

• Locked thread