Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

My goal is just to get some general fitness back and loose a little bit of weight- Im at 6 foot and 89kg now, really would be good for me to to be down to 80kg. Used to basically run a small geotech drill rig by myself which was absolutely backbreaking physical work, but by the end of that I was properly fit.

Then I got the current job with Parks and well, turns out im REALLY good at operating machinery, so Im usually the bloke sitting on the backhoe/bobcat/tractor/excavator telling someone ELSE in the hole to dig with the spade. That and getting bursitis in BOTH shoulders september last year has absolutely hosed me over fitness wise.

Plan is- Physio for the shoulders and back, which is already having an effect on the amount of pain Im in on a daily basis, then work on building up muscle strength again in my upper and mid back to support the shoulders.

Hopefully once I've got that on the mend, I'll be able to get involved in some more physically intense activities to improve the fitness. We've changed up our diet at home quite a bit and cut out a LOT of junk food, and once the weather isnt alternating between "Cold and wet" and "Cold and sideways wet" we'll start doing a lot more walking around town.

Im also going back on the fire crew at work this year after a year off from injury, so thats going to kick my arse across the continent.

Really- I'd like to be able to go through my day without hurting by the end of the year, and if by this time next year my fitness has improved considerably i'll be quite happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Shoveled about two tonnes of wet mulch out of a trailer at work. The banana and muesli bar for smoko we’re not sufficient fuel!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Well I've been doing the stretches that my physio prescribed, but none of the resistance exercises because the last three days of the week at work involved hand shoveling literal tonnes of wet mulch out of a truck onto garden beds, so thats been the exercise for those days.

Picked up a chainsaw today and my entire upper back twinged and now it hurts to exist.