Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Hell yeah you'll have to have a video, and it better be calling me weak and small

In other news I need to take a breather from bench, as this:

Adiabatic posted:

185x10 and 195x10 tonight! Last 195 had a pause but first 8 or so were solid.

e: 205x9

caused some pretty significant bruising between my biceps and shoulders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

lmao welp

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

QuarkMartial posted:

Tear or bruise? :ohdear:

Deffo just a bruise. I have the same thing on the other side and every attachment point is screaming just as much as that area. I'll be fine! You better believe I'm using this time to do some low weight high rep bench :D

e: 135x15 just to test the waters... no hurty hurty.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 13, 2018

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

QuarkMartial posted:

You dropped a barbell on yourself, didn't you?

Man I wish it were that simple and stupid.

So after that 205x9 I was feeling a burning line on my left side from the center of my bicep through that bruise and ending front of my shoulder. This morning after that 135x15 same line is hot. I must've pulled something. Gonna skip chest day for a week or so and let it heal, I guess.

QuarkMartial posted:

No use tearing up your shoulders for an internet challenge.

DONT TELL ME HOW TO LIVE

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

QuarkMartial posted:

look here you little punk you tear that poo poo up then i beat you to 10x225 AND i'll keep going and beat you to 10x315 while your weak little gurly arms have to heal up and try to get strong again

Does that sound tough enough? I'm not very good at mean tough guy talk.

What I'm seeing in this thread is basically shoulder joints are poorly designed for lifting :v:

So what I'm getting from this is we're racing to 10x315 next?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

UGH ITS KILLING ME (nice work)

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

BACK IN THE GAME BABY

185x5 205x5 215x5 all felt real good.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Fender Anarchist posted:

This spreadsheet was demoralizing at first but like a fine wine it only improves with age.

Hell yes dude get it. It's pretty amazing getting on the small gains train.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

RVA MOB REPRESENT

TASTE OF THINGS TO COME

HOLLA ATCHA BOY

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Nov 27, 2018

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Fender Anarchist posted:

that may be the whitest thing i have ever seen

sick lifts though (go for straight 8 next time tho)

We may or may not have been listening to too much Wu Tang recently.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

MomJeans420 posted:

poo poo, it's going to be really awkward when I try to recreate the same video at the YMCA. Can I just bring a hard hat in and give it to a rando to wear?

PLEASE

Suburban Dad posted:

:lol: Amazing.

keep that rear end on the bench :colbert:

Yeah my form is poo poo. I should work on my form. When I beat y'all to 225x10 expect a lot better form in the video.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Jfc sorry to hear that. Hope you're alright.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

QuarkMartial posted:

I'm good, was just shook up and mad. Next time I'll just go to the Y by my house (this one is on my way from work) where the benches are better.

E: I was, and still am, more mad that no one bothered to help. Like, I get stared at when I come in the gym, but no one bothers to help someone in trouble. Fuckin people.

Anyway, I'm fine. I'll get 10x225 soon. I'm not injured and won't worry about it further.

Rest assured I would help you when you tried to decapitate yourself. I would also shout at you for being weak constantly. You loving weakling. Why haven't you beaten me to 10x225 yet? Weak. WEAK.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

A strong person wouldn't let that affect them. Weak.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Been "deloading" on bench since my left arm was feeling weird in three different places.

However did back and biceps on Saturday... hitting shoulders today!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Getting close!

I keep getting concentrated pains in that left arm/armpit so Ive been resting it for a week and will probably only do legs for a couple weeks here. I really don't want to gently caress anything up and I'm 31 so I ain't exactly healing quickly.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Finally went back to the gym yesterday and did some leg day. End of semester poo poo is getting in the way! I promise I'll be better.

In other news my arm doesn't hurt anymore unless I specifically work it out so that's probably a good sign?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

Finally went back to the gym yesterday and did some leg day. End of semester poo poo is getting in the way! I promise I'll be better.

In other news my arm doesn't hurt anymore unless I specifically work it out so that's probably a good sign?

Did bench with no arm hurtin! I'm HEALED!

185x5, 195x5, 205x5, 185x5 just to get back into the swing of things.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

QuarkMartial posted:

Hol' up. Why is this thread on the third page? Why is the last post a month ago? Why is the gym crowded as gently caress right now?

Forgot about the thread but I've been goin hard still amigo!

Next bench is tomorrow. Last bench was a week ago and I was nowhere near 225x10 unfortunately. 135x9, 185x9, 165x8, 155x4. I really dont wanna gently caress myself up again. However I'm now completely healed!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Man I can just not get into squatting to save my life. I'd like to do it a lot more so my Utah hiking trip in August goes well, but every time I get 185 lbs on the bar I feel maxed out. I know it's a mental thing. I can do 10 reps of 185. I'm just scared of the bar weight on my shoulders I think.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Yeah what the hell man it's been busy as poo poo recently.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

QuarkMartial posted:

Seriously. What's up with that poo poo.

Also, why is the gym still crowded as gently caress?

Oh, also. Are you healed up yet? I want to go for 10x225 (well, more than I have been) but I want to give you a fair shot at it.

Haha thanks boo. Yes I'm totally healed up, though I'm probably a little farther away than I was when I did a sloppy 2x6. I'd like to get a 2-3-4 in and I think I'm about as close to a 3x5 squat and a 4x5 dl as I am the 2x10 bench. It'll be a fun exercise!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

MomJeans420 posted:

Flat bench: 10x195, 8x195, 7x195

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

MomJeans420 posted:

*edit* I tweaked my IT band hiking so I guess leg day is out of the question for a while. Did one session after I tweaked it and it definitely made it worse.

Whenever I hurt myself hiking it's always my IT band and it's always from walking funny downhill for prolonged periods.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Its uhh worse than I expected. I went yesterday and could only do 185x9 185x6 165x6 165x3...

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Just think of those beautiful percentage gains

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Just did seated bent over rear delt raises on a flat bench and sat too far back. RIP balls

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Busy work and busy school have led to me not working out in what feels like forever. I hopefully graduate May 10, and we get out of outage May 17. I have a feeling I'll finally be back at it around then.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Oh but the Missus and I got tickets to Camp Bisco in July so like we need to look pretty for that.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

WHAT YEAR IS IT

Back to working out now I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Doing well up until a month ago... haven't been since, through 2 vacations and a buuuunch of work-related insanity. Time to get back on the wagon boys!