Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Oh so this is a thing huh? Well gently caress it. New degree, (hopefully) new career soon, time for a new me.

I've been doing Intermittent Fasting for about a week now. Since I'm loving huge I could eat like 2700 cal/day and lose 1 lb./week, but for now I'm going aggressive and aiming for 2200cal for 2 lbs/week. Currently hovering around 340 (shockingly lighter than the 350+ I thought I was, but the latter was based on fully clothed doctor's office weigh ins vs just boxers now). Hypothetically I could be under 300 by the end of the year; long term I'd like to be under 200, ideally around 170 or so. I'm 6'5" so that's sort of the low end of "normal/healthy" weight, but hey, go big or go home, right?

Not many people can say they divided themselves in half, we'll see how this goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Door Frame posted:

E: a pound of spinach has like 10g of fiber, why does it have to be like this?

Yeah but after you cook it it's like a half ounce.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Liquid Communism posted:

Also delicious, I bulk up my curries with spinach all the time.

It's my go-to sandwich veg these days, no idea how i shunned it for so long.

Think I busted my calorie goal for the day, but still in the loss range so shouldn't be too big a deal. I get real hangry doing this, though idk if that's cause of the intermittent fasting schedule or just the overall calorie restriction.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Back when I lifted regularly deadlifts were fun, but also kind of a pain. Even with standard 45lb plates I had to bend way down to reach the bar, so low that I constantly had trouble getting the bar around my knees.

Do they make extra large diameter plates for tall fucks like me?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I actually did the plate stacking thing, but once I had a few plates on the bar they wouldn't nock down into the hole on the flat plates, so it would end up just rolling off when I set it down.

E: I dunno how you're supposed measure knee height, but I rested my laptop on my thigh just now and measured to the ground (shin vertical), got an even 24 inches. 6'5" overall. I can reach the bar just fine with knees out of the way... if I hunch my back over like Quasimodo, which is less than ideal for pulling hundreds of pounds off the floor.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 16, 2018

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I should be clear, probably not gonna be hitting the weights for the time being. Mostly gonna focus on cardio and diet. I'm kinda just bitching about the past, like a fool.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

INCHI DICKARI posted:

I've gained 64 pounds in the last year but AI turns all weenie when I lose weight, you bitches

Everyone has different and valid health needs, Dave.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Morning weigh-in: 335.4

Holy poo poo this calorie stuff actually works when you're not trying to simultaneously eat for weight loss and sikk gainz

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Unless you're going for full on raised heel powerlifting shoes, the advice I always heard was to go for the polar opposite: chucks or straight-up barefoot. Worked ok for me, I did a deadlift srm of 405 in chucks.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Did 35 minutes on the elliptical yesterday, and of all things my pecs are sore today.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Door Frame posted:

Along with this, if you're going to seriously track calories, get a good food scale. They're like $12 and are good kitchen tools even if you're not obsessively logging every calorie you eat. You'll quickly find that nutrition labels' serving sizes aren't accurate unless you go by the weight of the food

It's also the most accurate way to bake. A cup of flour can hold widely varying quantities (and calories!) depending on how tight it's packed, but 100 grams is always gonna be 100 grams.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Scale hasn't moved much but today my sisters were saying I look a little slimmer? Personally I don't see it, and they know I'm dieting so it's possible they were just blowing smoke up my rear end, but?? maybe???

Also when I mentioned the other day that I was doing intermittent fasting they were like "oh yeah we're doing that too!" and by sheer coincidence they had started like exactly when I did. ~~small world~~

E: I swear my belly actually feels warm to the touch when I'm in the middle of the fast period like I am right now, is that a thing from burning fat or is it purely psychosomatic?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Milestone achieved: weighed in at 329.8, so that's officially 10 lbs lost since starting all this.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

God I'm going nuts with spreadsheets and it's probably unhealthy. I should be firmly on track for 240 by the end of 1 year though. I don't think I've been that light since like freshman year of high school.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I don't feel like I've lost that much weight, and i certainly don't see a difference in the mirror. Buuuut.... saw my family tonight and they were all commenting that my face looks lighter, clothes seem to fit better, etc. Granted they all know I'm working on my weight so it's possible they were just blowing smoke up my rear end, but either way, getting that sweet sweet external validation feels real nice.

Now if I can just get back into jeans sizes they carry on the racks...

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

SlimManFat posted:

236lbs now bois, this close to 70lbs lost so far this year.

My friend, you're burying the lede: you're currently at 69

8am edit: I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd take a walk to burn off energy, goal was 3 miles out and back to the drug store. Ended up turning back at 1.5, currently on my way back and, like, microsleeping as I walk. The morning humidity sapped my energy way faster than I expected, and these new shoes are running the gently caress out of my heels. Main goal achieved though, I'm collapsing as soon as I get back.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Sep 29, 2018

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Weight bounced back up a bit and I was starting to worry, but today weighed in back down at 325.8 so I guess things are still happening. 15 lbs lost so far!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Weight still dropping and I'm starting to actually notice changes, like shirts drape just a little looser than they used to. A little more of this and I might be able to get away with wearing the L-T sizes that actually look good on my frame!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Scale dipped below 320 today I'm basically off the intermittent fasting wagon at this point but turns out counting calories still works, all shall bow down on the altar of thermodynamics.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

This spreadsheet was demoralizing at first but like a fine wine it only improves with age.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

that may be the whitest thing i have ever seen

sick lifts though (go for straight 8 next time tho)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I am positively decimated.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Currently at 301.6 lbs, it's so loving close i can taste it. C'mon, show me them 200s.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Fender Anarchist posted:

Currently at 301.6 lbs, it's so loving close i can taste it. C'mon, show me them 200s.

https://i.imgur.com/8KbaJdnm.jpg

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Thread dying out, lemme post a big milestone:

That's officially past 50 pounds lost

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It's wild what suddenly feeling attached to your own body will do for motivation

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

noice

ya girls been trying to ride her bike a little lately, not bad for an often sedentary lifestyle

e: drat 3 hours later and my lungs/heart are still sore, i definitely hit my cardio limit for the time being

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 15, 2019

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It's amazing how quickly your endurance improves. been what, a week and a half since my last post? and today i rode 13.7 miles in the noon sun and I'm still not as pooped as that time. I'm back to feeling it mostly in my legs, which is solid progress.

did forget to bring my water bottle though, and i found out the hard way that north on the route i went, past the trailhead at the 3 mile mark there's no more water fountains as far as i can tell. the South route has them a lot more regularly. good to know for the future, i suppose.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

it's so gratifying seeing my pace gradually trend upward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hi thread, been a bit. November kicked my rear end with a lovely flu but I'm back up to the pace i had just reached when i got sick, rides like this 3 days a week.

I'm reaching the point where i can feel the limitations of my bike, gotta find some way to get a decent today bike for cheap.