Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

Oh hey. Uh.

So, I was trying to lose weight and get in better shape but then stuff first kid stillborn happened and I've been stress eating and stress not taking care of myself and stress stressing. Also my job situation is lovely.

280lbs and 6'3" - going to try eating a bit less, stationary bike and bodyweight exercise or something. Wife and I were hiking for a while but joy, stress. Target is to be less fat? I'm terribad at figuring out how to motivate myself to do this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

OK, this is going to sound really dumb but how do you actually set goals?

Like, Adiabatic had some mention of antilock brakes, other people are saying something about target weights... I'm just sitting here like... try to be less fat? Trying to find something modest enough that I can actually succeed, because the only time in my life I've been able to consistently stick to an exercise program was when I actively hated myself and had almost nothing positive going on to distract me from hating myself. And even if I'm stressed from various stuff now, I don't hate myself enough to work out like I was, and I like tasty food a lot more than I like exercise and literally cannot imagine not being fat. Even when I hated myself I was still fat.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

OK I'll try this again.

GOAL: Back below 270 pounds (which was my stable pre-stress-eating weight) and ideally more. Hurt less on a day to day basis.
TIMEFRAME: Weight goal by end of September? That works out to around a pound and a half per week.
PLAN: Be hungry all the time, go pound on the stupid stationary bike at least 3x/week for at least half hour per session. Bodyweight exercises? Something.
OBSTACLE: I'm really not sure how well this is going to work - stress eating got me 10 pounds over my pre-stress stable weight, but prior to that I'd been stable at about 270 pounds for a year and a half, and I'm skeptical about how much I can actually cut out calorie-wise and not be a mess.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

This is comparatively modest, but goal for today was to get back to doing the myfitnesspal logging and stay in my calorie budget... so far breakfast and lunch down at only 650 calories for the day, 1200 to go and only kind of hungry.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

mekilljoydammit posted:

This is comparatively modest, but goal for today was to get back to doing the myfitnesspal logging and stay in my calorie budget... so far breakfast and lunch down at only 650 calories for the day, 1200 to go and only kind of hungry.

1740 calories for the day and I'm not crazy hangry. Progress!

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Oh my god I forgot how much I hate being hungry all the time.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Adiabatic posted:

Whenever I get hungry and it ain't eating time I chug water. Small amount of lime juice is a great addition.

Yeah... that only works for me to a point. One of those things that I just have to deal with.

Big test tonight will be going out to help friends with welding stuff and (since we're midwestern) not eating everything in sight there. So tonight's goal is to not blow today's calorie budget by more than a couple hundred. Which, won't be the end of the world or anything, but I'm going to try not to. I know that it's a self selecting thing with who's sharing photos but man does it make me ashamed of where I got, which is kind of motivation in and of itself.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Well, in addition to managing to stick to my calorie intake goals, ended up walking some ungodly amount of miles at the Trans Am / NASCAR race at Elkhart Lake yesterday. So that's not a bad thing.

Starting stationary biking next week too since so far so good.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

I'm just over here sticking to my calorie intake plan (even on nights when I have beers and stuff) and wondering wtf people are so excited about lifting weights for, but w/e.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Maybe lame by comparison but done stationary biking the last two mornings and went out for a mild hike with my wife last night. This on top of mostly keeping to calorie targets.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Ugh, hi, I seem to have reached new and exciting levels of fat and out of shape. I've recently gotten disgusted enough with myself to try to fix that, so now I'm hungry all the time too. How do I convince myself exercise isn't worse than just pounding myself in the dick with a hammer and actually do things routinely? It's in that glorious time of the year where the ground is muck so, so much for going and doing stuff I actually enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

I'm watching diet and I'm down 20 pounds from when I started but seem to have hit a plateau. Time to find some exercise that doesn't make me want to kill myself.