Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Back when I wasn't perpetually sitting on my rear end, my prefered lifting shoe were Vibrams. Don't worry, I don't take myself seriously either.

Current weight: ~210lbs @ 6'3. I'm a really soft 210. I felt my best when I was active and 190-200 and probably ~7% lower body fat.

Goal: Goddamnit move. I've been a desk jockey for about 7 years straight now and was on and off before that. At my strongest I was deadlifting around 345, Squatting ~250 (maybe 275? I can't remember) and my bench has always been poo poo. It was around body weight. This was 4 years ago. I was also able to crack out a 5k in ~30 minutes which was tolerable. I'd like to do a 25 minute or lower 5k eventually.

Plan: Gym at lunch, starting tomorrow, unless I get stuck on a call. I gotta. Alternating days of cardio and lifting. Probably a 5x8 type lifting plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Were you moving furniture and boxes? Is this a euphemism?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Babies are great at turning a 5 day cold into a 3 week one. I'm usually bushed by 2 or 3 in the afternoon right now.

Been walking the pups most evenings for about a mile.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Top and I volunteered at a food bank and helped unload a 40' of non palletized water and then moved potatoes in boxes with pallet jacks. It was good. I wish I could stop coughing.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I walked half a mile. The damaged ankle is starting to get better.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Adiabatic posted:

...too much Wu Tang...

Is there such a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I was able to squat about 180lbs today for a single rep without too much ankle pain (injured it in early October), so I can probably have a go at a fitness program for the first time in ~2.5 years. I want to get my cardio going first and it's been a minute since I did a sub 30min 5k so I'll probably start there.