Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Fun Shoe

Hell, why not.

Currently 6'6", 360lbs. Recently got a doc to finally figure out why I've felt like complete poo poo for years, and now get to sleep with a cpap because I was stopping breathing at night thanks to fat and how my airway's built. So far it's a night and day difference in my cardio. I had zero endurance and energy because I was constantly exhausted, and now I've put in 100km on foot in the last month and feel great about it. Also, amazingly for someone my size and drinking habits, I'm not diabetic, so I've got that going for me.

Weight loss side should be pretty humdrum. I already quit drinking regularly at the start of the year and started logging everything so I know what's going on. Now that I can get some actual sleep and not be slamming sugar and caffeine all night to try and make up for not being rested it's just about consistency from here. Generally running the diet low sugar but not especially low carb (most of my carbs are veggies and beans), and high protein. Walk and bike until I get down enough for my knees to tolerate running, and get my lifting routine back on target so I maintain muscle mass.

Just scored a fat bike, so that's going to be a whole new lesson in pain and fun. Going to have to build up because it's been years since I biked regularly.

Strava here, though it's empty so far as I'm working out getting my Gear Fit to talk to it: https://www.strava.com/athletes/liquid_communsim

GOAL: 280
TIMEFRAME: 1 July 2019
PLAN: Bike, run, lift, quit eating like an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Adiabatic posted:

What's everyone's goals for today?

Already hit it, did 5k this morning, few laps around the lake.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Enourmo posted:

Yeah but after you cook it it's like a half ounce.

Also delicious, I bulk up my curries with spinach all the time.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Enourmo posted:

It's my go-to sandwich veg these days, no idea how i shunned it for so long.

Think I busted my calorie goal for the day, but still in the loss range so shouldn't be too big a deal. I get real hangry doing this, though idk if that's cause of the intermittent fasting schedule or just the overall calorie restriction.

Yeah, I get real hangry under ~1900kcal, especially if I don't protein load. Luckily it's pretty recognizable.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

As of 7am my weekend starts, gonna go spend some quality time with this:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Larrymer posted:

hell yeah, fattie. I might look into one of them for winter riding quite soon.

That was my thought. Traction is lovely here 5 months a year, but there's a lot of gravel.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Adiabatic posted:

How's everyone else's daily goals?

Ow my legs.

It was fun, but man it's going to take some work to get up to regular distances.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rest day. I passed out on the couch with a movie on instead of in bed, and feel like hot trash today.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

NumbersMatching320 posted:

The AI uniform is cargo shorts and band shirts, MCU shirts or blipshifts and no more needs to be said.
(Edit: forgot MCU thanks 14", DC is not acceptable tho)

Cargo shorts and a polo with the company name on it, check.

Also twisted the poo poo out of my ankle hiking earlier today. Gonna limp my way into this week.

QuarkMartial posted:

They worked great for lifting, to a point. Once I got into heavier weights, the soles were too squishy to be supportive and I got some dedicated lifting shoes.

I lift in Chucks for that reason. Cheap, machine washable, and minimal cushion. I'm heavy enough that me + my working squat load is pushing 500lbs, and that makes things get unstable real fast if my shoes are soft-soled.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 20, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Didn't get poo poo done yesterday because it was pissing down rain all day, but it's going to be 70 and clear this morning so I figure I can get in at least 5k.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

slidebite posted:

Thoughts? Any foods that I might want to avoid/focus on? I'm not sure how much more time I can further dedicate to working out but can try a bit. An hour every other day is probably not sustainable.

Also, those of you talking about fiber intake, I've been eating a good helping General Mills Original Fiber 1 cereal for breakfast with a sprinkling of pomegranate seeds for some more flavor and it's been giving me pretty much my entire daily amount of fiber right there. The taste isn't the best, but it's not awful and the bit of pomegranate (or whatever fruit you would like) makes it decent and I'm not sick of it yet. Might be worth a try.

Track your calories ruthlessly and honestly for a couple weeks, then go over it for trends. You cannot correct your nutrition until you know exactly what you're taking in, and you may be really surprised what you're eating that has a shitload of calories in it that you wouldn't expect.

Today: Got that 5k in. It was more of a stroll than a jog so it took me most of an hour, but it was nice out this morning.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 22, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Another 3 miles down. If I wake up early enough, I might try to get some biking in before work.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Took a short ride tonight, couple miles. Still getting the tire pressure right on the fatbike, it handles a bit different.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Yeah, Strava on my phone's been tempermental today. I had to manually record my stuff, so no elevation info.

Goal for today is to keep up the streak, and go for 3 miles for the third day in a row. I'm going to try to make it all 5 days this work week and call it 15 miles plus whatever I get around to this weekend breaking in the bike.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 23, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

3 miles down. I hunger.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

3 more miles down.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Short bike ride. Hills make me want to die, but that's why I need to exercise.

Going hiking later.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Good rest day today, my bad ankle was starting to click annoyingly when hiking Saturday.

Back on the grind today, ~3mi for this morning assuming it's not pissing down rain.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Going for another 3.1 miles this morning. A friend who's in a lot better shape might be coming along, so this may be much faster.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nice!

3 down yesterday, going to go do 3 more right now. It's actually chilly this morning.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ow.

So my usual morning walk/jog path has a run of a dozen 2' or so tall decorative stone block benches. We decided this morning to add some calisthenics to the morning rounds when we hit that part of the half-mile lap. Pushups on one side, box jump the bench, jump down the other side, dips off the back of the bench.

Holy poo poo my triceps are sore in a good way right now.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Taking the weekend off because it's nothing but thunderstorms here all day every day and my knee and ankle are swelling and murdering me.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

21 and a half miles for August.

Goal for September is 60.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Leg day had ... issues. Did an easy set of squats at 135, ten reps. Put on 185, decided to get out the box just so I could keep depth consistent. Did two semi box-squats and then felt a sharp loving pain in my low back. So much for that. Dropped to 135 and just went slowly, did light stuff the remainder of the workout. Still stiff and with a vague discomfort in the low back just left to midline, so I just skipped the gym today altogether. Ugh.

Form check time. Get someone local to do it if possible.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Larrymer posted:

Could try front squats as well. I gave up on squats that weren't body weight altogether after a herniated disc and double hip replacements, though.

Fronts or goblets. Goblet squats are good for a challenge while keeping you to weights you can keep curled.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Double posting because it's quiet in here.

14/60 miles on foot so far this month. The first week being unrelenting rain screwed my pace up, so I'm going to have to have a couple long weekend hikes.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Starting to get past the initial pain and into 'this sucks but I feel good after' so I'm picking up the pace on my mornings.

4.5 miles today, 18.5/60 for September.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

26/60 for September so far. Going jogging again in an hour or two.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

+4 miles to make a round 30/60. On track to beat goal.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

41/60 miles for the month. Started jogging intervals instead of just walking in the morning, and my bad knee hates me so much I can feel the kneecap move if I shake it without my weight on it.

It's a good hate.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

QuarkMartial posted:

Haha gently caress me my legs are so sore

Looks like my new 1rm is getting off the toilet

DOMS is a bitch, and a great motivator to never skip leg day.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

QuarkMartial posted:

Double post but it's a new day. Worked with .y trainer today with a lot of tough and fun exercises.

The gently caress are y'all doing today?

Sleeping off horsepills worth of antibiotics because one of my coworkers decided to come in sick and give the whole office the plague.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hiked all weekend despite the antibiotics. Feeling a bit trash today, but got my miles for the month done a few days early.

61/60

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Had a followup with the doc this morning.

BP issue appears to have resolved, down 7lbs officially this month. Seems to be working out well.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Every day should be leg day. Squaaaaats.

71/60 miles for the month. Still going.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 27, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

New month new goal.

4/100mi

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

I'm supposed to start training at the gym with my friend the actual personal trainer on monday but I dont think my sleep schedule is going to allow it.

This is murdering me right now. I want to train in the mornings, but work keeps scheduling me meetings in the middle of the afternoon when I work grave.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

I'm getting poo poo in for miles this month. It's been raining non-stop and cold, so my knees are doing their best bubblewrap impression with the pops and crunches.

Going to start lifting again soon, since it's getting too cold to run in a month or so.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Curled up in a ball of depression and pain thanks to the weather. Getting absolutely nothing done, might try to go swim in the morning and see if it makes my knees stop screaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gonna drop soda entirely for November. I switched to diet years ago, but I don't need this poo poo in my life.

This is going to suck, but I expect to be miserable and occasionally drunk all month anyway so might as well get good returns.

«2 »