Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

My life goals are a lot less specific than all of you folks.

6' 285 lbs right now.

The caveat here is that 1/1/17 I was 355.

Since then I have changed my diet, cut a lot of carbs but not all, dramatically reduced red meat intake, dramatically reduced refined sugar and processed meat, stopped eating fast food and friend food, and do at least 30 minutes of cardio on an exercise bike 5 or 6 days a week.

I don't have specific number goals, I don't even own a scale. I weight myself maybe once a month or two when one is available. In general it's just to continue to eat better and be more active. I do know that as an adult in my mid 30s when I weighed 225-230 I had a 34 inch waist, that's just an observation but as close to any kind of a goal I have right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Okay, fine.

I have a home gym (This One) and I should be using it. I need a workout routine for something balanced. Can anyone point me to a website for setting up a basic balanced routine day by day? Thanks in advance.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Now down under 270 from 355 and hitting the exercise bike 30 minutes a days 4-5 days a week with weights 2 days a week. Take nothing but stairs when possible at work averaging 10-30 flights each work day.

It's a long process.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

loving hell, nice.

Thanks. It wasn't a fast thing, but I don't post often in this thread.

That's been since January of 2017. I'm taking the marathon approach to weight loss. Long haul instead of a sprint. Ultimately I want to be less (or not) fat when the Chevelle is done, may as well look decent in it!

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 1, 2019