Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I actually need to gain weight. Currently at 6' 150lbs. Since I got diagnosed with crohn's a few years ago I have slowly been dropping from my average weight of about 165. Then my shoulder freezing up on me a year ago made me stop working out and i lost a lot of strength as a result. The disease I have also effects my joints (arthritis) and depletes bone mass over time so I really need to get back into working out on a daily basis or it will just keep getting worse.

My shoulder is finally starting to get back to normal so i want to get back into a daily routine, will be tough because I haven't had a real routine in over a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I've never been over 170 my entire life. And I can't just pig out on junk food to gain or it all goes right to my gut and I lose my glorious abs, so I gotta eat as clean as possible. I never was much of a foodie, so it can be a challenge to choke down food when i'm not even hungry but I have to do something so this disease doesn't make me all skin and bones

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm working on a plan right now, will post it up once i have it all figured out. Hopefully this thread will keep me motivated.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

GAH I want to get out of South Boston and get much less sick so I can go work out again. Looking like Thursday night at earliest. I can feel my muscles atrophying.

Try not working out for a year and see how you feel. Atrophy is an understatement

Started working out again finally this week. Taking it slow because of my shoulder but so far

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My shoulder is finally healed and I've been back to working out again. Bounced back a lot quicker than i thought after not being able to lift anything for over a year. I couldn't even reach the pull up bar a few months ago and now I'm doing 3x15 pull ups regularly. Never experienced an injury like that before and in the middle of it I wondered if i'd ever get back to where I was before the injury and now I'm back to almost 100%

Feels Good Man

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I must be the only one in this thread trying to gain weight

Back up to 160 after being under 150

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I've been regressing again now because of my accident, haven't worked out in over two weeks and i'm already feeling like I'm losing strength

I tried a few times, but my physical therapist who is also a personal trainer warned me not to push it, gonna have to slowly get back into it again. Broken ribs are huge limiting factor when you're trying to work out, also my back and neck are all hosed up so no bueno