Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

OMFG Quagliarella!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
phwoar Quags, holy poo poo

one of the goals of the season for sure

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/Ale_Novelli87/status/1036345678279204864

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Quag owns

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/OptaPaolo/status/1036346405332439040

David Ospina, ladies and gentlemen

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

:stare:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Wait what the gently caress does Quagliarella still play football

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Alexeythegreat posted:

Wait what the gently caress does Quagliarella still play football

last season was probably the best year of his career

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Some Serie A strikers peak at an old age. Like Luca Toni.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Why is palermo sitting on 0-0-2 right now ffff

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
I think Kevin Prince Boateng has become one of my favorite players of my adult life- he came to Milan with quite a bad reputation, but he managed to fit in at a team where Ronaldinho and Robinho were starting regularly.

Like, I am extremely wary of Pato even joking about coming back to Milan- KPB though I'd have back today, and I think really any club that can get him should be saying "hell yeah"

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dilkington posted:

I think Kevin Prince Boateng has become one of my favorite players of my adult life- he came to Milan with quite a bad reputation, but he managed to fit in at a team where Ronaldinho and Robinho were starting regularly.

Like, I am extremely wary of Pato even joking about coming back to Milan- KPB though I'd have back today, and I think really any club that can get him should be saying "hell yeah"

Boateng loving owns and continues to own; have you been watching his Sassuolo performances? I'd have him back today as well, he's a great player and is exciting to watch too. Only one that came close for me in that style of play was Menez in his prime at Roma, and the few memorable performances he had at Milan. Difference is that Menez was a dick and Boateng is a good lad.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Why has he been such a journeyman. he's been quality basically everywhere he landed

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

Why has he been such a journeyman. he's been quality basically everywhere he landed

I was going to say the same but I never watched him outside of Italy and Ghana, which are good examples of him being a great player.

Unrelated, Galliani and Berlusconi are trying to buy S.S. Monza, a team from just outside of Milano playing in Serie C. I wonder if that will go down and if they manage to get promoted any time soon.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

Now that I can watch OnDemand™ through ESPN+, I have been watching all of Sassuolo's and Atalanta's games.

I watched KPB play for Tottenham, and really started following him when he was pivotal for the Portsmouth side that made it to the FA cup final. I think outside of Italy there are more players like him, and in his prime he was massively overshadowed by versatile midfielders like Fabregas or Yaya Toure, (Mueller as well?). Not many teams would give him a free midfield role like those players have, especially with his reputation as a "difficult character." Sassuolo have however, and it is working great.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dilkington posted:

Now that I can watch OnDemand™ through ESPN+, I have been watching all of Sassuolo's and Atalanta's games.

I watched KPB play for Tottenham, and really started following him when he was pivotal for the Portsmouth side that made it to the FA cup final. I think outside of Italy there are more players like him, and in his prime he was massively overshadowed by versatile midfielders like Fabregas or Yaya Toure, (Mueller as well?). Not many teams would give him a free midfield role like those players have, especially with his reputation as a "difficult character." Sassuolo have however, and it is working great.

Lol yeah, I forgot about that Portsmouth side, him and Muntari and loving Milan Baros.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I read a good interview with KPB last week that talked about his career progression. I wish I could find it now, it was something I came across on Twitter.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

I was going to say the same but I never watched him outside of Italy and Ghana, which are good examples of him being a great player.

From what I've heard he was good in Germany and Spain as well

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

KPB is a mentalist, that’s why he’s been with so many different clubs. Dude is insane.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Shrapnig posted:

KPB is a mentalist, that’s why he’s been with so many different clubs. Dude is insane.

I was gonna posit that as a reason and link his official website as evidence but I think he took it down to embarrassment and it won't load on the way back machine.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Seltzer posted:

I was gonna posit that as a reason and link his official website as evidence but I think he took it down to embarrassment and it won't load on the way back machine.

there's still the photo of his post-match routine

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Troy Queef posted:

there's still the photo of his post-match routine

If you see anything wrong with this, please gently caress out of the Serie A thread forever tia

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

If you see anything wrong with this, please gently caress out of the Serie A thread forever tia

But he was playing in Germany then which just means that he’d be having a cig and a beer after a match but some PR person shouldn’t have let that go public.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
I don't remember KBP being that good after Zlatan left Milan. I remember allegri used him in the hole behind the strikers and he couldn't pass and he shot all the god drat time and it was really frustrating. Think his career at Milan would have been totally different if Zlatan stayed and he would have gone somewhere higher profile to be found out.

I am happy he is doing well at sasuolo tho.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Big Balo attacked by a hotel gnome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQD9pbVjJdk

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

This is the content I crave

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

trem_two posted:

This is the content I crave

I wanna follow them around with a camera. I bet they are awesome to see hanging out.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gazzetta Dello Sport today:

https://twitter.com/s_tamburini/status/1037609320836419584

"Cristiano Ronaldo's life has been a challenge even at the very start. It started already in utero fighting to be born: his mother Dolores tried in every way to get an abortion, as he was the fourth child and not planned, so the parents had decided to get an abortion, but didn't manage to. He won, and from the start it was apparent how much strength there was in the tiny body of a newborn."

As I mentioned some weeks ago, CR7 in Italy has broken the brain of the press, JFC.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnYKHJxAV_7/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=r0j3pppi03uo

More Mario and Lorenzo. The international break is now good.

canepazzo posted:

Gazzetta Dello Sport today:

https://twitter.com/s_tamburini/status/1037609320836419584

"Cristiano Ronaldo's life has been a challenge even at the very start. It started already in utero fighting to be born: his mother Dolores tried in every way to get an abortion, as he was the fourth child and not planned, so the parents had decided to get an abortion, but didn't manage to. He won, and from the start it was apparent how much strength there was in the tiny body of a newborn."

As I mentioned some weeks ago, CR7 in Italy has broken the brain of the press, JFC.

I wonder if any of that is even true.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I know I'm furthering the Ronald talk here but this is amazing:

Ronald makes more than the combined salaries of half the league.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

Insigne's got a proper laugh

The Azzurri have good pranks- like the entire team barricading Gattuso's hotel room door with furniture so he would be late for training.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

What the hell are you gobbi giving Bernardeschi? That's 2 years ago and today:

https://twitter.com/MatthewSword2/status/1037373687438163969

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

He looks like Lichtsteiner in the second pic lol

"E cambia e cambia e adesso sono diventato svizzero"

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

https://www.padoinfashiondeluxe.com

We goin shoppin

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Roma transfer confirmed:
https://www.padoinfashiondeluxe.com/uomo-maglieria-paolo-pecora-pp-f001-7635-a003-fw-19

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
:distonk:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Love to wear my favorite poo poo player's €200 Tahiti

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003