Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Yeah, it's just the term for someone residing, temporarily or permanently, in a country other than their native country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I love Jie diving into the conversation like "Yes, this is exactly my kind of stupid."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

+mov programmers inland

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

limaCAT posted:

Your assumptions make me think that I would play a zachtronics game where solutions that pass early tests but fail on a bug from tests you weren't given would have serious consequences.

So.... exactly like programming in the real world then?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Jie continues to be amazing and David continues to be an oblivious China-weeb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

When I was in China earlier this year I had a couple evenings when I didn't go out and just watched some tv. Some channels have English subtitles on everything which is useful. What I saw there were rather gory films about Chinese heroes beating the evil Japanese nazis. That's my China story.

Since Hong Kong has rejoined mainland China, the majority of chinese cinema has become rather vehimently Nationalist, and you can see it when you look at the cinema that's been exported stateside if you squint only a little bit.