Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Snazzy, I haven't heard about this genre of games before and my only knowledge of programming is in R, but I'm looking forward to seeing more. Is the in-game computer language actually an IRL one, or is it more something like the old school Turtle flowcharts?

Also I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you probably don't need multiple posts for all that. Just one with section headings should be enough.

Edit: fun fact, the CEO's name translates to King Forever Red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Can you multiply by decimals to divide?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My Chinese reading is pretty rusty but the general gist I got from it is that Joe got so into the game that it had to be pulled from his work computer.

Edit: a slightly better translation, but probably not perfect:

Joe: Great! I can't put this down! Your daughter is amazing!

Lili: Boss, please tell your daughter her game is too good, so I have removed it from Joe's computer, in order to make him work better.

Joe: Aww.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 16, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

There's also the awkwardness of accidentally declaring that you want to kiss someone instead of saying that you want to ask them something.

问 is ask (wèn)
吻 is kiss (wěn)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'll be honest, I've been speaking Mandarin for ages and I've always pronounced it like somewhere between 'ts' and 'jj' in Korean. Might just be a Southeast Asia variant.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

pumpinglemma posted:

Fun fact: thorium can be enriched to uranium-233, which is suitable for use in nuclear weapons. Hope that AI has a well-written utility function!

It's also shipping it to noted province with separatist issues and probable cultural genocide Xinjiang :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Accelerando was a crazy read when I read it. It's great, though.

Also, I believe David's Chinese proverb is the classic "a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step".

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I will say, as an Asian guy from Asia and in Asia ATM I would indeed rather die than give up cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I don't think China is much of a traditional cocktail country. Think it's more straight rice wine at 80% alcohol content or something stupidly high. Feel free to prove me wrong though.