Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Oh my God he has so many costumes I don't have that are all better than this

gently caress going after the dark one, it's detour time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

sylvando looks good in everything. that's all i have to say on the matter

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The best outfit in the game is the hero's parade outfit

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I've finally gone on to beat the dark one. Not exactly sure of the impzone spoiler policy but

It's some country rear end bullshit that my party lost their levels when I went back in time. I get it, but it's still bullshit.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Len posted:

I've finally gone on to beat the dark one. Not exactly sure of the impzone spoiler policy but

It's some country rear end bullshit that my party lost their levels when I went back in time. I get it, but it's still bullshit.

Definitely spend several hours grinding and definitely don't progress the plot a tiny bit

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Regy Rusty posted:

Definitely spend several hours grinding and definitely don't progress the plot a tiny bit

Oh trust me, I'm super ready to start save scumming the Electro Light pep power if I have to but I figure Hero is good to solo stuff for a bit

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

This. Can't believe they don't get those levels back in 20 minutes of plot or anything.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Look man, I just wanted to watch my party roll into the forest and just wreck everything in one shot and it was disappointing they didn't okay

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Len posted:

Look man, I just wanted to watch my party roll into the forest and just wreck everything in one shot and it was disappointing they didn't okay
I get that tbh but it's a lot of fun to just carry poo poo as the Hero. Makes you feel like a Goku type

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Len posted:

Oh trust me, I'm super ready to start save scumming the Electro Light pep power if I have to but I figure Hero is good to solo stuff for a bit

You don't need to

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I get that tbh but it's a lot of fun to just carry poo poo as the Hero. Makes you feel like a Goku type

Hero is clearly a Trunks, turn in your nerd cred son

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Act 3 doesn't gently caress around Jesus Christ

I refuse to call it post game because it's just more game :colbert:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Len posted:

Hero is clearly a Trunks, turn in your nerd cred son

i named mine trunks lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Len posted:

Yeah it's like calling Nier automata route c post-game

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Len posted:

It's the real game. Acts 1 and 2 were the prologue.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I'm in the Fortress of fear so I'm pretty close to the credits screen? Feel like I moved too fast through the last few hours of the gsme

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Did you do all the trials and side quests for the people in the sky?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

:sigh:looks like I have to respec Sylvando ships are probably bad anyway aren't they?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Len posted:

:sigh:looks like I have to respec Sylvando ships are probably bad anyway aren't they?

sylvandos strength is not in his weapons

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

scary ghost dog posted:

sylvandos strength is not in his weapons

Right? Keep dancing and using those buffs honey

But I dumped all my points into the bottom half of the tree and now I have a whole new section at the top that sounds useful

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Eh I basically used nothing but Charm skills with Sylvando for most of the game and it worked out fine. Wyrm Whip is also really useful in certain situations for stripping enemy buffs.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

you should end up with enough skill points to fill out all his useful skills and max out whips as long as you're not being stupid and also putting loads of points into knives and swords. I did get everyone to level 99 but there was at least one character where I unlocked every single skill on the grid

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is there a checklist of act 3 stuff? It seems like most of it isn't in my quest log and I want to make sure I'm doing all the odd ball stuff.

What's super bullshit is that my first spin on the roulette wheel was a jackpot. And then I found the quest to get a jackpot.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Respeccing is encouraged and it doesn't take long or cost much. I did it a lot to experiment with builds on everyone.

There FAQs with quest checklists but the short answer is to go talk to all the people in the sky. Sometimes more than once.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Respeccing is encouraged and it doesn't take long or cost much. I did it a lot to experiment with builds on everyone.

There FAQs with quest checklists but the short answer is to go talk to all the people in the sky. Sometimes more than once.

But gold is so hard to come across. I might drop below 500,000 if I respec too much and what if I need to buy something expensive!?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Once you get the conch shell you can phone a lady who tells you where you might find more stuff to do. Really, just visit everywhere and see what the information people have to say, and you'll get most of the unmarked stuff

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Remembering the whole under the sea segment and smiling serenely

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Len posted:

But gold is so hard to come across. I might drop below 500,000 if I respec too much and what if I need to buy something expensive!?

Good news! The best items in the game are obtained for free as quest rewards!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Still haven't finished it yet but I'm pretty sure this was my goty of 2019

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
thought having everyone at level 99 would make the wheel of harma easy lol. i was extremely wrong

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

It's more about figuring out gimmicks/synergy between characters than brute force. The last trial is definitely really tough.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Kongming posted:

It's more about figuring out gimmicks/synergy between characters than brute force. The last trial is definitely really tough.

ya lol i ffigured that out pretty fast

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah you don't even need to be at 99 to beat it, you just sort of have to work out the puzzle.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah you don't even need to be at 99 to beat it, you just sort of have to work out the puzzle.

Yeah this. It's a puzzle. A really good and fun puzzle.

You will probably have to respec a couple people.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yeah this. It's a puzzle. A really good and fun puzzle.

You will probably have to respec a couple people.

well, they all have fully filled out sphere grids now.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Kongming posted:

its the one thing you gotta be pre-pepped for. there probably is another way but that's how i had to beat it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I never beat the bonus extra hard switch Hama challenge. The rewards are just stat seeds anyway

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I haven't done all the trials but they remind me of the Megaten superbosses that are just riddles only less bullshit.

Demifiend in DDS is some bullshit

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I'm in postgame fellas. 60hrs to credits roll. I spent a lot if it on sedatives and I want to join the circus now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
DQXI doesn't have a post game.