Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

American McGay posted:

DQXI doesn't have a post game.

But the credit rolled so clearly everything else is optional :downs:

Doesn't matter if it makes no sense to end where it did, credits rolled shelf the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

I married eric but it was kind of lame tbh...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Len posted:

But the credit rolled so clearly everything else is optional :downs:

Doesn't matter if it makes no sense to end where it did, credits rolled shelf the game

I stopped playing like 2 hours after the credits bc I liked that ending and thought the new stuff was lame.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

I stopped playing like 2 hours after the credits bc I liked that ending and thought the new stuff was lame.

wtf dude.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

:wtf:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

"What was Erdwins Lantern? Who was that black tockle? Ah who gives a gently caress the credits rolled next game"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Don't ever play Ni No Kuni

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Len posted:

"What was Erdwins Lantern? Who was that black tockle? Ah who gives a gently caress the credits rolled next game"

In IT's defense that is all answered within two hours after the credits roll. I wasn't a fan of the time travel junk either but the true ending is really good so I can forgive it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kongming posted:

In IT's defense that is all answered within two hours after the credits roll. I wasn't a fan of the time travel junk either but the true ending is really good so I can forgive it.

So if you play long enough to get those questions answered you've played long enough to realize "oh this isn't post game it's still just game and i didn't beat it"

It's like quitting Nier Automata after route A or whatever ending you get for removing your OS. Credits scrolled gently caress it i'm done

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I loved the post game a lot but I can understand people being pissed off that it literally undoes any and all character development from Act 2. Serena especially

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Those difficult horse races suck

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I didn't have any trouble with them but my wife did. I guess it depends on how many hundreds of hours you've spent playing Mario Kart in your lifetime.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Elephant Ambush posted:

I didn't have any trouble with them but my wife did. I guess it depends on how many hundreds of hours you've spent playing Mario Kart in your lifetime.

So far the Platinum and black difficult have given me the most problems but I haven't played hundreds of hours of Mario kart because I'm broken and don't think they're that much fun

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
The horses were insanely easy until like the very last black cup which took me like 20 tries

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

At least the black cup is free and grants mini medals

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Len posted:

So far the Platinum and black difficult have given me the most problems but I haven't played hundreds of hours of Mario kart because I'm broken and don't think they're that much fun

It's ok to not like Mario Kart

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's ok to not like Mario Kart

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

The Milkman posted:

The horses were insanely easy until like the very last black cup which took me like 20 tries

yeah

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The malicious auroral serpent is a real bastard isn't he? Anyone got any times for beating him?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I've hit the end of Act 2, where do people like to hunt metal slimes / what is your strategy for doing so? I've just been using multi-hit attacks to punch through evasion but I'm sure there's a better idea. my guys are like level 45 so I want to grind a little bit for Indignus on Harder Monsters

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I went to the whaleway that was a marsh. I forget the name of it but it's easy to identify.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

I went to the whaleway that was a marsh. I forget the name of it but it's easy to identify.

the Manglegrove one? that's what I saw online but I wanted to check with the thread. I'll do that then

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Overwheening Pride doesn't gently caress around does he?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I beat Pride and married my one true love

Sylvando

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Len posted:

I beat Pride and married my one true love

Sylvando
Jack Nicholson nodding creepily.gif

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Calasmos felt like a victory lap after doing all the trials

Except the secret one because it didn't feel worth it to throw myself against that brick wall

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

yeah that's not worth it for some skill seeds tbh

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
had a revelation yesterday while playing dqb2 that hammerhoods are not, in fact, goomba-lookalikes with giant eyes and a frowny mouth but hooded dudes with beady eyes

these games have made me a better man

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

remembering that jade's outfit made her boobs look like a nutsack lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

if that's a nut sack then it's one I want to Sniff thoroughly.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
103 hours, just rolled credits. Haven’t loaded up the post game yet. What a game. Super charming and fun all the way through. Rolled with Hendrik, Big-Guy (Hero), Sylvando, and Serena at the end. I think I was slightly over leveled but also the combination of Sap+Oomphle had Henny doing like 800 damage with the parallax strike and Big-Guy doing 400 with normal attacks (using the end game sword and a falcon blade).

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

The Maestro posted:

103 hours, just rolled credits. Haven’t loaded up the post game yet. What a game. Super charming and fun all the way through. Rolled with Hendrik, Big-Guy (Hero), Sylvando, and Serena at the end. I think I was slightly over leveled but also the combination of Sap+Oomphle had Henny doing like 800 damage with the parallax strike and Big-Guy doing 400 with normal attacks (using the end game sword and a falcon blade).

those are rookie numbers, keep playing

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

grieving for Gandalf posted:

those are rookie numbers, keep playing

Damnit I was afraid of that. But also, awesome

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

finally got everyone to 99 after a long dq hiatus

also lmfao at drustan asking if I’m sure I want to waste my wish on an ogler’s digest :D

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

finally beat it after 97hrs. absolutely wonderful game

my 2d playthrough is on the backburner until after I finish ff9 :D

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

DQ11 is incredible, but the music is kind of bad right? The game could use at least twice as many tracks as it has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

The Kingfish posted:

DQ11 is incredible, but the music is kind of bad right? The game could use at least twice as many tracks as it has.

on the switch it does, you can flip it to dq 8’s soundtrack any time