Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Birds. The angry dinosaurs that poop on your car. They need arms but they don't got em. Give birds some drat arms.

Right now you're probably thinking, "HugeGrossBurrito you heartless piece of poo poo other animals need arms too." Well I got you covered.

Help out some animals!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamjohnsalt
Dec 6, 2017

do you have any arms cut out you share to help out those of us not talented?

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

iamjohnsalt posted:

Its kind of hard when the pictures are different but I will cut some out anyway! But seriously though this is an easy one, and a good way to learn the basics! Download Gimp. Find a bird picture, find arms that go with it. Open arm image as layers. Zoom way in on arm layer 400% usually is enough. Use the paths tool (button looks like a vertical white line with dots in it tied to a burning candle) to cut the first arm out.Under the tool options for the paths tool click selection from path. Its very important that you not click anything but the selection from paths button after creating the cutout or you will lose your progress. Cut or copy and paste in your layers menu this will bring up a layer called floating selection right click and choose to new layer, same for other arm. Delete original arm photo layer. You should have three separate layers at this point. Position and resize arms as needed, generally a good idea to check the keep aspect box on the resize menu. Merge both layers down to bird image layer. Use the heal tool (looks like a bandaid) small brush but not too small, source from the bird feathers. Run it along the border of of where arm meets bird to create a smooth transition. Export as. It sounds like a lot but you'll have it down perfectly after like 2 tries.

But yeah give me an hour and Ill post some arms.

edit- added part about heal.

HugeGrossBurrito fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 17, 2018

Shin00bie
Sep 11, 2011

Oh poo poo, 5'd at post 3

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

buff heron that WILL mess up your pots and pans

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

iamjohnsalt posted:

edit- Here are some arms, I did 5 sets and first and saved them all as JPG instead of GIF by mistake so I have to do them again. I'll be adding more cut out arms to this post eventually.

HugeGrossBurrito fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 17, 2018

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Gonna wait here eagerly for the drat arms you promised us!!!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Somehow this picture of my bird got out into the wild and some random internet person photoshopped the hand and knife.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
A few quick and dirty ones. Birb thread is great for images.

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 18, 2018

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're loving dead, kiddo.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're loving dead, kiddo.

I think your bird is sick :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Here we see a rare photo of the African native Trackin Field Ostrich in its natural habitat. The Trackin runs so quickly that capturing a photo sans motion blur requires driving alongside it at speeds of up to 55 miles per hour.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 18, 2018

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

AEMINAL posted:

I think your bird is sick :(

No, this bird is siiiiccck.

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006

lmao

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

:discourse:

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

goddamn

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

POWERRRRRRRRRR!!

:eyepop:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

:yeshaha:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

:boom:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

"You've been in GBS too long when..."

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lol jesus

TheMostFrench posted:

"You've been in GBS too long when..."

seriously

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Here at GBS (General Bird Services) we do more than just provide arms for birds, this poor guy also needed a hair transplant.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

drat, 5’d

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

:vince:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Nothing wrong with jokes about terrible things if they're funny and original imo, and that is. :discourse:

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

nice

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Nothing wrong with jokes about terrible things if they're funny and original imo, and that is. :discourse:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

loving LOL

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004