Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Micromancer posted:

it takes like 5b to buy all the reaction formulas and then theres a little on top of that for beginning materials tbh I dont know any of the how, I just know I can buy a bag with all the reaction poo poo in it and donate it to someone who promises future dividends which is the future of Eve Online's Top Tier PvE - paying someone else to do it

Edit: Like I just want to buy 6 or 7 Phlegm Bonds on the promise its spent on doing reactions, not mentor the process.

I started doing reactions about 3 weeks ago now. Started easy with a Titanium Carbide reaction(cost 20m) and I bought all the necessary intermediates to get me started. Thanks to the reaction sheet in gs_isk (Thanks whoever created this) i figured out that with about 700m worth of investment i could easily make slightly over 120m over the month. Not the greatest return but again, its all intermediate and almost no clicks. From that point on I moved on to building the intermediates myself adding another 150m profit easily on top of that. Then I bought another reaction & the reactions to do the intermediates.. etc etc..

I think it's important to let people know that they don't need 5b to start. The reaction themselves cost 20m and there is no need to start by buying 1 month worth of goo. Its not really sensible to start 1 month long reaction anyways. People can easily buy a reaction, buy maybe a week's worth of goo (or intermediates) and start from there. A week's worth of goo won't cost too much, will still give a decent profit that allows for reinvestment.

Start doing reaction ppl, and don't wait 'til you're space rich to do it. I had about 800m left across all my characters and that was enough to get me started with money to spare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Bob Socko posted:

How do you actually get the moon goo? Do you shoot at the moon like you mine an asteroid? Do you set up a POS with a gizmo attached?

So there's this citadel orbiting a moon and it literally pulls huge chunk off the moon. I may be wrong about this, but I believe owners of the moon can decide when that process stops and blast the chunk into smaller bits. The longer the owner waits to do this, the more goo will come out of the process. Once the chunk has been blasted, the smaller bits can be mined like any other asteroid. Or at least that's how it was in 2018 or so when I tried it.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 27, 2021

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The pure reaction market has apparently gone even more to poo poo, so unless you know someone who wants to buy carbides and sylramics and you know your price per unit is 100% for sure, you can apparently get fuckin owned

I’m not at the point where I’m not reacting my carbides yet but I suspect in the next few months I will be

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The pure reaction market has apparently gone even more to poo poo, so unless you know someone who wants to buy carbides and sylramics and you know your price per unit is 100% for sure, you can apparently get fuckin owned

I’m not at the point where I’m not reacting my carbides yet but I suspect in the next few months I will be

I used my poor excel skills to make a overly complex reaction cost calculator that allows me to know approximately how much it costs for each units of my reactions according to the prices & location I bought my goo and whether its better to buy my poo poo in jita, amarr or 1dq. All it requires it an inordinate amount of manual input because I don't know poo poo about excel and i will learn how to pull data after I understand vlookup, tables and other bullshit i'm slowly figuring out. :suicide:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Dalael posted:

I used my poor excel skills to make a overly complex reaction cost calculator that allows me to know approximately how much it costs for each units of my reactions according to the prices & location I bought my goo and whether its better to buy my poo poo in jita, amarr or 1dq. All it requires it an inordinate amount of manual input because I don't know poo poo about excel and i will learn how to pull data after I understand vlookup, tables and other bullshit i'm slowly figuring out. :suicide:

Nod's sheet already has that, fwiw.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
The Third Great Cultural Revolution

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Wibla posted:

Nod's sheet already has that, fwiw.

Nod's sheet is worlds better than mine no contest. At the moment tho, I find it a bit too complex and I still haven't fully figured it out. so mine is much more basic and allows me to learn excel at the same time. I use Nod's to make sure i'm getting things right basically. When my numbers are way off, i know i hosed up somewhere.
Mine's pitiful tbh

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

What I don't get about the total embargo is that there isn't any sort of shortage of materials already available for bads to buy from Empire anywa4y. These aren't the days of moon goo monopolies where that sort of thing makes a difference. I don't see the damage exporting some officer stasis web that will literally never sell in our space. It also blows my mind that I can import moon goo for my reactions at a significant discount when there is a public moon with some of the stuff I need literally 1 jump out of 1DQ. That's not really related just a symptom of how jacked up local economy is right now. m I have enough money to 'fix' prices of items that are being sold less than what it costs to make and in at least one instance the items were being sold for slightly less than what you could get from reprocessing them with that one's guy's service.

Enough of that, I have a question related to production. The orders of the required materials in the production preview and in the right click 'copy material information' option seem both unrelated to each other and totally random. Some times it's sorted alphabetically, sometimes it's sorted by how many items you need and even then sometimes it's ascending or descending. Is there a way to normalize that so i can automate some poo poo or is it just CCP being garbage?

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Oh and before anyone gets all "why don't you mine it yourself :smuggo:" I tried and got hot dropped by 10bil worth of blops ships as I was warping out because a neut popped into system. I didn't' even finish a cycle lol.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
Actually if anyone has composites stockpiled in 1dq message me because I will probably buy them. I am currently doing t2 manufacture and of course I'm doing it for every race all at once

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Okay I slept on it and I figured I'll try the game again.
I tried following the instructions in the OP, but I can't confirm that I have the vacationer tag as the login doesn't even seem to work. I get this when I try to login. I've emailed newbies@goonfleet.com so I guess I'm in limbo until I hear back.

Also, when I click Return to Eve welcome back it asks me to login. So I'm in some sort of loop.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
FWIW I am building my pile by mining Veld in 1.0.

Sure my soul dies a little bit because, you know, Jita. Veldspar. but I can pull 30 mill an hour in Veld ore and that includes freighter time to a market hub. I found a nice little backwater system with a dozen belts that has maybe 8 in local at peak times and they are running missions from the next system over. It’s a few jumps from a market hub so it’s roughly: mine for two hours, freighter for 20 minutes, repeat.

Easy as hell to maintain during covid working hours and IMO far less stress than anything in 0.0.

Will I ever be space rich? Hell no, but it keeps me in hulls.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Zotix posted:

Okay I slept on it and I figured I'll try the game again.
I tried following the instructions in the OP, but I can't confirm that I have the vacationer tag as the login doesn't even seem to work. I get this when I try to login. I've emailed newbies@goonfleet.com so I guess I'm in limbo until I hear back.

Also, when I click Return to Eve welcome back it asks me to login. So I'm in some sort of loop.
go to this page
https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Joining_GoonWaffe_101
the esi link will have an option to reset your password

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013
How many skill points or what skills are required for reactions? Basically I'm getting my account to do things when I'm away for part of the week and can't do more than login and station trade/PI, but also don't want to spend months training skills just for reactions.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Fqubed posted:

How many skill points or what skills are required for reactions? Basically I'm getting my account to do things when I'm away for part of the week and can't do more than login and station trade/PI, but also don't want to spend months training skills just for reactions.

You need reactions II for the intermediaries or Reactions III for the end stuff. Anything beyond that just gives you more slots/makes it take less time.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

To do reactions effectively you need reactions iv and mass reactions V/advanced mass reactions iv

Iirc it’s around 1mil SP

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Bob Socko posted:

How do you actually get the moon goo? Do you shoot at the moon like you mine an asteroid? Do you set up a POS with a gizmo attached?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

I think it's a combination of the two. There's a structure that you attach to moons and on a regular basis of like every... month? Week? It rips a chunk out of the moon and you take mining ships and mine that big chunk and get moon goo.

E: sorta like Dead Space.

https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en...on%20Mining%22.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

So.... can I do this by splitting my gun group?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

CopperHound posted:

So.... can I do this by splitting my gun group?

-75% SRP if you do!

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So I managed to get tagged on the ESI, and I've been sent the invite in-game. I can't quite apply to Delta on esi.goonfleet.com as it throws up an error, and the wiki.goonfleet.com still errors when loading the login page... soooo I guess I'm sort of in a holding pattern until I'm registered in the system.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

So I managed to get tagged on the ESI, and I've been sent the invite in-game. I can't quite apply to Delta on esi.goonfleet.com as it throws up an error, and the wiki.goonfleet.com still errors when loading the login page... soooo I guess I'm sort of in a holding pattern until I'm registered in the system.

API update stuff can take a day or two sometimes. Make sure your stuff on https://goonfleet.com/esa/ looks right. All you'll need is patience and a lot of hard liquor to put up with this terrible game when you start playing it :sun:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Mederlock posted:

API update stuff can take a day or two sometimes. Make sure your stuff on https://goonfleet.com/esa/ looks right. All you'll need is patience and a lot of hard liquor to put up with this terrible game when you start playing it :sun:

Yeah, it still says no eligible characters found. So I dunno. I joined the guild an hour or two ago, but they did say several hours, and you said even a day or two. So I'll hold tight.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

T2 production can eat my entire rear end. Just failed my 7th Ares BPC in a row with a 47% chance of success. I'm 10/10 on Harpies with the same chances so i got that going for me.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

MrTargetPractice posted:

T2 production can eat my entire rear end. Just failed my 7th Ares BPC in a row with a 47% chance of success. I'm 10/10 on Harpies with the same chances so i got that going for me.

Are you running invention jobs in batches, or running one job with one run at a time? I'm generally running one job with 10 runs at a time, or I've got multiple BPCs for simultaneous jobs with 10 runs each. You'll improve your odds of success that way through sheer number of runs.

Also for stuff with long invention times (Large Bubbles for me), running 10 1-run jobs will require 10 individual BPCs but will greatly cut down the time needed to get your T2 BPCs with increased odds.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Dieting Hippo posted:

Are you running invention jobs in batches, or running one job with one run at a time? I'm generally running one job with 10 runs at a time, or I've got multiple BPCs for simultaneous jobs with 10 runs each. You'll improve your odds of success that way through sheer number of runs.

Also for stuff with long invention times (Large Bubbles for me), running 10 1-run jobs will require 10 individual BPCs but will greatly cut down the time needed to get your T2 BPCs with increased odds.

I'm just doing one at time with 1 run. I don't think making Ares are actually very profitable for me I just want to build some to fly.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Warrior Princess posted:

I just wanna say thanks for your part in it.

being let off the chain allowed and encouraged to be myself at deserving people was more than enough so uh np

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

Yeah, it still says no eligible characters found. So I dunno. I joined the guild an hour or two ago, but they did say several hours, and you said even a day or two. So I'll hold tight.

Yeah it literally took my API a good day and a half to properly update.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Zotix posted:

If you've listed and API'd all your characters and they have a green checkmark, try applying in-game with your main forum char. That was a needed step for me.

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

To do reactions effectively you need reactions iv and mass reactions V/advanced mass reactions iv

Iirc it’s around 1mil SP

Thanks, injected and spent some spare SP so let's see what happens

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Fqubed posted:

Thanks, injected and spent some spare SP so let's see what happens

did someone tell him about the billions in investment capital you need?

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Fqubed posted:

It's a pretty easy train, as others mentioned just mass reactions V and advanced mass reactions IV. However, the big thing here is to not be dumb. Lot's of people come in, see OMG GIANT MARGINS IF I MAKE XYZ reaction, and then lose their shirts when no one wants to buy their product.

The issue with a lot of reactions is that reacting isn't hard and is trivial for anyone to do. All those T2 producers you see cranking out ships? Yeah, they are perfectly capable of pressing a button to react stuff themselves and they likely have the char slots to do it.

The ONE exception is carbides and sylramics, because those are slow. The profit per slot is lower but you'll likely actually realize that profit, at least during normal times.

The other risk right now is that sotiyos are falling all over delve and so a lot of people are shutting reactions down. With no guarantee that XYZ sotiyo is even going to get defended, a lot of people are playing it safe and just pausing production for a bit. So all those people who would normally be eager to buy your carbides and sylramics might be taking a break for the time being.

Vilgan fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 28, 2021

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Zotix posted:

yeah it took me a few days when i joined. it's a good time to do a few missions and get familiar with the controls in highsec babyland. there actually is a skill component to this game and flying your ship well takes some practice. rats in highsec are far more forgiving than those in null, and also you're not dodging hostile players.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

MrTargetPractice posted:

I'm just doing one at time with 1 run. I don't think making Ares are actually very profitable for me I just want to build some to fly.

Oof, ouch. Just do 4 runs instead, don't hurt yourself like this. This way at least even with the worst luck you should get at least 1 BPC out of the job.

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013

Baculus posted:

did someone tell him about the billions in investment capital you need?

Yeah I'm aware, i don't mind spending some to see how it works, even if it's just to learn systems it can be fun, or just understanding better more of the gears in the game.

I did PI a few months ago, and learning how to make megafactory planets is fun (even if depending on what you're building may never sell at a profit...)

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

my F2 is shooting myself in the foot and making a tool that streamlines vertical integration so any mouthbreather from karmafleet can make T2 ships and modules fully vertically without wanting to blow their brains out.

seriously, price crusader hulls at 35m a piece again and I'll dismantle this entire economy. gently caress with me.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

What's this F2 stuff people are on about?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

my F2 is posting

my F1 is also posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

my F2 is posting

my F1 is also posting

come back and join delta already