Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Maneck posted:

This is why she was one of two names forever banned from the EVE thread. She's a catalyst for awful posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Maneck posted:

This is why she was one of two names forever banned from the EVE thread. She's a catalyst for awful posting.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
This just makes me lol

https://zkillboard.com/kill/87335404/

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

wilderthanmild posted:

Dreadnaughts have become very powerful in the current state so it doesn't take enormous fleets to kill a lone Titan if you use dreads. Also 25% of the damage as well as the killing blow was provided by a Titan DD, which does a poo poo ton of damage on its own.

I like the random rorqual on the kill mail.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Solus posted:

Vily posted his AAR on reddit already and According to his own report

- Prepped his own ships (This is a freebie - Of course he should do this himself)
- readied a recon cache
- Pushed more dreads into a readiness state
- Spent 2 hours making unified bookmarks
- Made Fleet MOTD's and layouts

Now. I'm not an alliance leader. But that seems like more than what one person should do

I like how he said he prepped his ships for final combat. Yah ok dude.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Stereotype posted:

it's for the keepstar, the fort died already

I didn’t think anaconda had touched a keepstar

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

today i learned if you
join friends of ascee
go on one of their gatecamps
fly a kiki (125mil ish)

you get
strategic payout (look it up) x 2
asceecare (50mil)

or a grand total of nearly half a bil

gently caress a ratting ship

Is friends of ascee a sig or Corp?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf8j3FYxekk

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
gently caress TiDi fights, Jesus Christ. I can do chores between commands

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Just woke up after 5 hours of rest. Did we kill it again?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Stereotype posted:

yup just now :)

Oh nice. Way to go!!!! Had to crash at 2AM, I couldn’t function anymore.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I must’ve played Hell March a dozen times for the 8 hours I was in fleet. Logged in just now and got my bomber off it’s perch where I left it at 2:30 this morning. :feelsgood:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Once I got the hang of battle bombers it was really peaceful. I enjoyed the hell out of it. Now I need to up my bomb deployment so that it isn't 20 minutes between runs in 10% TiDi

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Haven’t seen ASCEE hell camp since this poo poo show started, is it coming back?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Why is our coalition bullshit?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Is anyone going to mention the raitaru that TEST planted in 1DQ last night? That made me chuckle.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Solus posted:

https://streamable.com/942d1u?t=20

When you're tests main streaming voice and you're very not mad about it

Git gud gons. Hat gons.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

quote:

How much time you can dedicate weekly on eve ? How much of it is in a single long play block. This is why structures in current form are broken.

FWST fight showed us that a defended keepstar timer can take easily 8hours of time.
Each online keepstar have 3 timers, assuming that all of them are defended you can simply get into a conclusion that in order to kill each keepstar you need on average 3 x ~8h blocks of undisturbed gamplay.

Unless someone will decide simply to not defend a structure, there is no way to shorten this time, the moment we hit TIDI 10%.

Timers on the structures are also happening in a specific hours and in defined period one after another.

We are having bit shorter timers for other structures due to less forces required on attacker side to hit the damage cap.

The problem still persist that in order to win a single timer you need to spend multiple hours on grid with multiple days one after another.

This leads to a situation that if both sides are showing up you can kill 1 keepstar per week and spend in the process **24h of your free time** on this task.

In a year you have around 52 weeks, so if you decide to invest all your free time during a week in a 8h long blocks for **a loving year** you can win 156 timers and kill all those 52 keepstars.

But it will cost you all your free time in a year.

Why it is important ?
Because goons have more than 52 keepstars in delve.
On top of that sotyios, fortizars and thousands of smaller structures.
Not even mentioning the fact about sov timers.

This war will lead to situation were many players will quit EVE just because **how boring it will be** when in order to kill a structures in a single region you need to dedicate yourself for over a year.

Over a year of every day timers and every week keepstar timers that will consume ALL OF YOUR WEEKNED TIME.
This will affect both attackers and defenders.

WTF CCP.
There is no Delve Fortress all things can be killed, and goons proved how.
But to kill stuff that is now in a single region people need to deny all free time for a YEAR.

**TL;DR:**
Remove artificial damage cap and this is what i can say.

:qq: we bit off more than we can chew :qq:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
This was not what I expected to wake up to. Why would they not challenge the iHub?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

We somehow caught this keepstar in its initial 15 minute anchoring period, if I'm understanding this right. It's paused right now. If we fail, then we get another chance in 24 hours.

This is accurate. It is hard to catch the anchoring phase. Always get a make up chance 24 hours later.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Double post: heading home from beers with a Goon friend. Hoping there is a bombing fleet running when I get home in 7 in game minutes. Or 40 actual minutes.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Landsknecht posted:

it isn't strategic vily is just baiting you to lose the isk war again

Content keepstar.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

evilweasel posted:

:siren: i have undocked a pvp ship and intend to shoot things with it :siren:

that has not happened, uh, in years

Omg. I’m actually floored by this

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I don't mind the changes. I have an `A` name and am usually out pretty quick, so I just need to make sure SRP covers the cost of the ship completely. I just Plex sometimes if I need cash, gently caress ratting.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Dalael posted:

i'll take my no pap requirements over extra srp anyday thank you

:hmmyes:

Those are the most annoying people in fleets. Always asking for PAP.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

orange juche posted:

This is the weirdest part, if they really wanted to root us out, they should be round the clock entosis trolling to fill up our timer board.

It's almost like they don't know how to do a war for sov. Just content keep stars, content shooting cyno jammers, content dropping structures in 1DQ.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

DGC773 posted:

To clear this up because you dudes seem to be falling over each other.

OVERALL PAPI COALITION OBJECTIVE

Removal of the Imperium from Delve.

IMPLIED GOALS (in no particular order)

Glass Fountain
Glass Querious
Wreck Imperium industrial capacity wherever it may be
Make ratting and mining in Imperium space as annoying as possible
Destroy entire Imperium capital fleet
Glass Delve
Bleed Imperium isk and resource wallets

And because you all seem to have a hardon for Vily. His impossible to achieve goal: remove goons from the game.

:allears:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Did anything happen in The War overnight, or were the bads hurfing over nothing? It was super quiet when I was playing in EU TZ.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I was a bit annoyed when I saw the pings this morning and missed an epic US TZ battle. Good try gang, we'll get them next time.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I had fun last night. Raven fleet isn’t for me as I think most people in the alliance are morons and battleship fleets tend to attract a significant number of morons.

I joined bomberwaffe after welping my first raven and had fun dropping 8 bombs.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Ahhh I see INIT is the big talk of the fight tonight. What happened?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Looking forward to the move op before the invasion in delve actually begins. Good fight tonight, good strategy. I'm ready for something to actually happen :shobon:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I'm excited to see what happens now that they have their beach head. No salt here on that strategy. I am glad CCP decided to clarify game rules so we can figure out how to own there.

Edit: on a funny note someone from KarmaFleet in our bomber fleet almost destroyed the entire fleet while we were heading home. Luckily he only killed 2 ships and send dozens of others into hull.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 19, 2020

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Rutibex posted:

:v:
What did you do?

I think someone bought and relisted a bunch of electron bombs yesterday, that was nice.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Severing posted:

Not sure what's going on but boy people are being a bit salty in fleets and local the last couple of days on our side.

This is the most fun I've had in Eve for a while so not sure why they aren't enjoying it.

I’ve been in some fun loving fleets the past few days and haven’t experienced any salt. 🤔

Finally getting Jackdaws trained has added to more ways for me to inevitably land on grid and get primaried as an A-name-haver.

Up next, Munnin training, or maybe a slippery Pete.

And I got a medal for returning to the game. Thanks Goonfleet :3:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

yeah, like i explicitly noped out of supers because of time restraints like that

then 2020 happened and i wfh and suddenly i can sit in a battleship and click a button every hour or so and actively contribute and its not so bad :v:

Yah. I can spin in station while working and take a quick fleet here or there during the work day if I have time.

When we are in a war on our doorstep, it means I don’t have to travel for 30 loving minutes to fight. It is typically <5 jumps after getting a bridge.

Means my fleet participation is way up.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

West007 posted:

I'm done with the path of exile league and shadowlands was delayed so I did the thing. Sent an email to newbies@goonfleet.com with required stuff for returning members.

Hell yes. Love the other retvets

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Bob Socko posted:

People keep talking about “paps” in fleets. Is this some sort of participation point thing?

Yah. The pubbies track something that doesn’t make sense. I don’t get it.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
What was going on with this?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/88136757/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Goddamn, just kick the fucker. This is way too much drama for one person.