Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
I’m a dumb idiot who doesn’t know how to play this game but I used to be in Goonwaffe and have applied to rejoin so I can join the nonsense. Anybody have any experience with how long it might take to get a reply from the newbies@goonfleet.com email?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Bob Socko posted:

I like this idea. Zaradis, here's a fun thread, maybe you'd like reading and posting about ancient history stuff? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486446&pagenumber=1047#lastpost

Thanks. Good thread.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

WorkerThread posted:

ignore these nerds and post about communism in cspam

They’ll hate me there.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
Can anyone point me to a synopsis/timeline of the current war with TEST? I’m a returning but still newbie player and from an outside perspective just looking at sovereignty on Dotlan it looks bad for us.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Here you go, the most current events play-by-play https://imperium.news/world-war-bee-week-37/
Feel free to browse other articles to further edicate yourself on the state of the eternal war.

Thanks!

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Xarn posted:

Bought like 20 spare ships (well, frigates :v:) for the big 1dq defense.

I am now poor, so if nothing happens I'll be pissed.

We will win because of you and take back all sov in the game. Good job.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
So is it inevitable that they will eventually run us completely out of sov?

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

With all the tea leaves projections and stoned discussions of them not taking 1DQ where'd you get that idea?

I don’t know man, I’m a dumb newb, I don’t understand most of what is said here.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
How do I make money in 1DQ as a newb?

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Dalmuti posted:

jumo thrasher into t5z -> shoot -> file srp

I am a newb I do not understand any of this lol

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

LiberalExtinction posted:

Go on a mainfleet and mention that you're new - you'll receive gifts. Also, join the little bees channel and look in Gooniversity to get yourself a mentor that can help you out.

I actually posted in the newbie mentor thread like two weeks ago but haven’t heard anything yet lol

The Aardvark posted:

What is your in-game name cute newbee

Quinnlan Nardieu. Thanks for calling me cute :biglips:

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

Everyone send this newbee isk, I gave some of what I could spare at the moment

Thanks! I promise to only waste it fighting the evil space nazis trying to exterminate us.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
Thanks to everyone sending me isk. I’ll try not to use it being killed by the bad guys but I probably will do that.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
Should I join BRAVE with my alt for the PI revenue to support the war effort for us or am I a dumb newb and this is a bad idea?

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Stereotype posted:

if you have an alt in one of the bad's alliances and you didn't get it cleared with black hand first you're gonna get kicked. they'll find out when you give money to your alt in the bad's alliance, since goonfleet get's esi permissions to see wire transfers.

Phlegmish posted:

If you absolutely must krab, just set up a jump clone in one of the several regions of the galaxy where we or our allies basically control everything.

Do not join Brave lol what the gently caress

I’m sorry I don’t know how to play this game I’m just trying to come up with ways to plex with isk and I’m new and an idiot lol

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Stereotype posted:

don't worry we will help you make isk :) i started my isk making career salvaging after big fleet fights (use a sunesis with salvage rigs) and then did some mining (if you go with the ADM fleets sometimes people will just give you multiple tens of millions of ore because they don't want to bother) and then started building rigs (the ingredients you get from salvaging). you can do all these things within the single constellation too, and if you want to do exploration or ratting put a jump clone somewhere in impass and then jump clone over whenever you want and death clone back when you want to do a fleet.

I got a salvager from gs_frigates. Do I go on fleet and take out the salvager after the fleet is over for the wrecks? Or do I follow the fleet as it goes? Seems dangerous lol

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Stereotype posted:

do it after the fleet is done, grab a slasher or some other t1 frigate for the fleet itself and tackle stuff, then when the fleet comes back to the palace grab your salvager and try to get back to where you were fighting. remember your tiny t1 salvage frigate is worth basically nothing and it doesn't matter if it blows up.

there was a huge HAC brawl a week or so ago on the ihub in 3-D (I was with delta saxing dudes off the map while the HACs kept them occupied) and after the bads ran I salvaged like 400m in stuff. a bunch of deltas came and i think total we probably got 2-3b between us all.

there were like a thousand t2 drones

Nice, I’ll definitely do this next fleet I’m on. Thanks for the help!

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
I just want to personally thank Baculus for his abyssal guide on goonfleet. As a newb who understands nothing in this game, it taught me a lot and I’m having fun doing abyssals and not dying. Thanks dude, hope your day gets better!

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Baculus posted:

Aw shucks.

I should update the thread tbh.

Nevermind. Now I can't stop dying in these loving abyssals. I hate this game.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Stereotype posted:

the one thing i keep thinking about is how they are both making ships more complicated to construct and require more resources, but they are also making isk more difficult to get. isk is just another tradable item if you think about it, so if isk is harder to get then it is going to be "worth" more, which might then even out with the additional work required to build ships and they'll end up being around the same price as always.

the end goal for them has to be to make plex more expensive, since plex is the only thing that is actually directly tied to a "real" quantity (in so much as fiat currency is real google ron paul)

Eve, the libertarian game where everything is centrally planned by CCP.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

angry armadillo posted:

heh, I do T4 gamma's in a gila and my ISK is going up - I've lost a couple and it's always been my mistake. (e.g. the last one, I missed the overload button and accidently turned my booster off, didn't realise until I was at about 15% hull haha) but I'm still profiting

when I tested my fit on sisi I found I didn't need any implants, but still just chuck on a couple of 4% shield capacity and boost rate implants seeing as I was making enough isk to chuck a couple hundred mill into a safety net... I'm going to work my way through the nirvanas next.

I don't think I'm particularly lucky with drops but I guess my confidence comes from 'learning my craft' in T2/T3 which gave me a feel of what to kill first and how to fly them (but they suck for making isk to be fair!)

I’d love an idiot proof fit for t4’s and/or t5’s

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Baculus posted:

Neither side's line members are very happy with how the war is being fought - this is probably something that should be a point of unity among the player base rather than in-game politicization.

A lot of our line members are really really pissed off or otherwise disinterested in how we've prosecuted the last 4 months of this war, and the first 5 or so months of this war. That's one of the major reasons delta grew so rapidly - there were so many people who were flatly disinterested in what leadership and the sky team has had main fleets doing. I had like 120 paps in two months of actual warring and realized holy poo poo idgaf because the only person who could or would roll the dice was Asher.

Not to mention the number of pilots either on ice or now unsubbed since we folded so hard on keeping M2-XFE. Despite this leadership talks out of both sides of their mouth - our cap reserves are unlimited, but we won't dare drop dreads on an unprotected carrier fleet.

We've had dozens of holes in the last month directly to, for instance, panfam's back yard. We've stood down on fights even when every single person in mainfleet was gung-ho ready to die in a fire just for fun. Both sides are having a lovely time in the context of coalition-wide activities and mainfleets, and that's a problem with both the game and the way people think things should be done.

Organizations like Delta Sqad are a brilliant solution to the broader problem, but to borrow and build upon an insight from the boss man, the dipshits in illum hosed up the GLORIOUS SECOND CULTURAL REVOLUTION and more or less doomed the Marx Brothers squads to loving fail. Because they're way less good at managing things than they imagine themselves to be, it seems.

Wars should not be fought this way, and the game shouldn't be played the way our leadership has been playing it. Especially when CCP has made it clear for the last eight months that they are actually the biggest threat to everything anyone playing this game actually likes... followed closely by the PAPI and Imperium leaders who are so obsessed with each other they need to have a big fat sweaty mountain dew orgy and just get it out of their loving systems already.

...Except TEST. gently caress TEST.

Speaking of Delta Sqad, as a poor newbee who doesn't understand most of what is posted here or on goonfleet and definitely does not know how to fly, much less has the skills to fly, is it a good idea for me to join to learn how to play the game or will I get made fun of, and rightfully so?

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

My name is Phlegmish, you may remember me from such posts as the one where I begged for isk, or the other one where I bragged for several paragraphs about my hacking exploits, and I endorse Baculus for president of the CSM or whatever he's running for

The only thing I understand about this game over the cumulative 3 months I’ve played it is the abyssals post Baculus made on goonfleet so he’s got my worthless vote too.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
Okay, I played along and pretended that I got the joke, I’m sorry I lied to you guys, but what’s CSM?

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Baculus posted:

The CSM is a group of players elected by the community who have the forum to sort of present issues in the game to CCP, and (once upon a time) were the voice of the players in the room where people (nominally) decided the shape and direction of the game.

The current form is an assemblage of mostly streamers advocating for their own niche playstyles, mostly ignored by CCP, except for Brisc who apparently got them to remove a red dot from the game. Unfortunately the red dot he got removed was neither Vily nor Pittsburgh so idk why he's so happy about it.

A man of the people, answering his constituents questions directly. If Baculus doesn’t deserve to be elected, no one does.

Seriously, Thank you for the in depth explanation.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
Can I fit an astero to do combat and relic sites in hi-sec/wh space all in one fit or is that dumb?

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Scikar posted:

I have no idea about hisec, if you mean "combat in sites" i.e. hunting explorers then the Astero can do that. If you mean "do combat sites" then no, C2 WH anoms need T1 BCs, C3s are typically done in Praxis, Gila or some weirdos still use Tengus.

If that was a typo and you meant data and relic sites that would make more sense, an Astero can fit for exploration and still kill T1 explorers but you'll die to other full hunter fit Asteros. You can always bring a mobile depot and hack modules in cargo though, and just swap them on when you find an empty system with sites.

Yeah, I meant actually scanning down and doing combat sites and relic sites in one ship. The depot sounds helpful, but I’m definitely still too spooked to try to hunt other players (not to mention I don’t know wtf I’m doing).

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Stereotype posted:

dalone wolf had a dual data site / combat site Ishtar fit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz-Ka1ALAmo

you can also see what to expect from the combat sites, which are hard and i never do in favor of the data/relic sites which are easy and most of the time no one shoots at you

Thanks man, just what I was looking for. Will likely end up sharing your opinion on combat, but I’m a stubborn child and have to find out the hard way.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
I am preparing for my journey to W6V to become an elite Delta goon. Why I went to set the Delta After Dark keepstar as my destination it's show info screen says it's out of commission. Should this concern me? If I my autopilot gets me there will I have nowhere to dock?

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
This is so sad. I was finally going to learn to be good at this game...

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

Embark on your pilgrimage, young goon. We will take you under our wing and teach you how to believe.

Where do I go when I get there? lol

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

FatCow posted:

There is some amazing degree of 'no not believing' in these posts. Getting to W6V is assumed to have happened and we need to plan for what to do after that task is accomplished. That combined with the volume of posts shows me that you are absolutely Delta material.

Thank you. I think I get it now.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

ded posted:

he has the no not posten

he has the no not believen

my friends we have another one

Thank you, I needed a signature on goonfleet

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
I made the journey to W6V. It was a hell of an adventure. I still don't know how to play the game but I had fun.

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/311339-a-newbees-journey-to-join-delta-sqad/

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
Wait you can crash your ship into other ships to gently caress up their alignment?

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Yep. It's called bumping, and it's a primitive (and, crucially, CONCORD-retaliation-free) form of tackle. There used to be a huge cottage industry of suicide ganking in highsec that relied on bumping for tackle.

Does it do any damage to the ships?

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

coelomate posted:

"If you are expecting a massive fight then I think you will be disappointed" is a hell of a quote from Gobbins. 10 months into the war, on the doorstep of the final push into 1DQ1-A.

Could this not be some campaign to fool us into not worrying about it because they knew we would hear it?

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

What would goons do differently? It’s not like PAPI can “sneak up” on one system

Good point. So are they just going to give up eventually? Can they hold all that sov forever?

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Honestly, yes -- they're blue to literally everyone except us.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

coelomate posted:

Fleet formations are cool, never bothered to load friendlies and just check them out until now. Chilling in a wall on the entry gate to the 1DQ1-A pocket, feeling very "YOU SHALL NOT PASS"

Is this like standing fleets in finder you can just join to camp?