Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1030158251927773184

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to NXT Takeover Brooklyn 4. The Wrestlemania of NXT. This is a very loaded card, with it being around a 2.5 hour show with 5 matches. Let's look at tonight's matches, shall we?

Mustache Mountain vs The Undisputed Era (c) for the NXT Tag Team Titles: These guys don't like each other. Mustache Mountain won the tag titles during the UK tournament a little while back. However they ended up dropping them back to The Undisputed Era a few weeks later in a rematch on NXT TV. This is the rubber match of the series. Whoever wins this match will in reality likely be the losers, as they have War Machine waiting for them afterwards.

EC3 vs Velveteen Dream: Look, I'll be frank here. This match probably is going to be the weakest of the night from a wrestling/storyline perspective. This whole feud started when Velveteen Dream left EC3 to the wolves during the UK tournament, when they were tagging together. They started trying to one up each other in their own unique way, which is pretty much all I can say about this feud.

Ricochet vs Adam Cole (c) for the North American title: This is the first actual Takeover title defense when it comes to the North American title. Ricochet has called out Adam Cole for being a coward, and not defending the title against him. Cole has responded in kind by...sneak attacking Ricochet. How this will end is anyone's guess.

Kairi Sane vs Shayna Baszler (c) for the NXT Women's Championship: In last year's Mae Young Classic, Kairi Sane beat Shayna Baszler to become the inaugural winner of the Mae Young Classic. But a few months after that, Shayna Baszler got her win back on NXT TV in a pretty dominant fashion. Not one to be silent about it, Shayna has bragged about beating EVERYONE who crosses her path, and has been incredibly dominant, including winning the NXT Women's Title. On the flipside, Kairi has done nothing significant of note since the Mae Young Classic, according to Shayna. That all boiled over these past few weeks when Kairi won a #1 contenders match for the title. Shayna commented on how Kairi has no killer instinct and no one takes her seriously. On the go-home episode of NXT, Kairi made Shayna eat those words as she completely destroyed and brutalized Aliyah. With this being the rubber match in the series, something has to give. Will Kairi vindicate herself and claim her treasure (the NXT Women's Championship), or will Shayna manage to continue her reign of dominance/terror? It seems likely that whoever loses this match will probably be called up to the main roster, and the winner will have to deal with a focused/pissed off Bianca Belair, who feels like she should have the title right now.

Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Ciampa (c) for the NXT Championship in a Last Man Standing match: It's time for what may well be the final match in this feud. Johnny's vengeance/hatred of Tommaso Ciampa has caused him to inadvertently hand the title to his arch-nemesis. This was originally going to just be a triple threat match, but Alister Black was attacked in the parking lot (He was actually injured at a house show :ssh:). By who, you may ask...? It is a mystery! Personally I think its the same parking lot ninjas that attacked Samoa Joe when he was with TNA/Impact. Regardless, he's out of the equation, at least for now. With the NXT title now on the line, along with this being a last man standing match, no matter who wins, both men should move onto bigger and better things.

-------------------------
You can watch this PPV/Event on the WWE Network for $9.99. And also get Summerslam (Don't watch this) and Hell in a Cell (or this)!

abraham linksys posted:

hey, this show is starting at 7pm ET/4pm PT unlike literally every other TakeOver* before it. might be worth adding to the OP/thread title!!

thanks abraham

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Aug 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

One day the streak of great Takeovers will end, but I sure as hell don't think it's going to be at this one. This is gonna be such a great loving show :hellyeah:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
hey, this show is starting at 7pm ET/4pm PT unlike literally every other TakeOver* before it. might be worth adding to the OP/thread title!!

I was gonna try to catch up on the last ~4 weeks of TV, but I think I'll be okay without it. probably gonna browse the youtube channel for some of the go-home promos though

excited to be in the building for this one yet again (4th Brooklyn Takeover, 5th Takeover overall, and 7th NXT live show total :toot:). early start time is kind of annoying (means I'm gonna have to either try to do a big combined late lunch+early dinner or commit to once again eating $13 Barclays Center chicken fingers). i hope keith lee is in the preshow taping

* except the London one I guess

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 18, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Pre-show taping has Dunne defending the UK title against Gibson, I believe.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I won't be able to watch this or SummerSlam live because I'll be hanging out with two of my best friends in the world for the first time in a couple years like a loser with IRL friends but I hope they're great shows. :)

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

go shayna

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

go shayna

No don't

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I hope Kairi wins because that gimmick is going to die a thousand deaths on the main roster.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

D.N. Nation posted:

I hope Kairi wins because that gimmick is going to die a thousand deaths on the main roster.

She would be lost among all the babyfaces the main roster has, to be honest. Shayna should be called up since both RAW and Smackdown need a strong credible female heel right now. Especially Smackdown.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Plus Carmella needs someone else to beat twice.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

D.N. Nation posted:

Like Ember Moon I think having a great finisher gives someone a floor that isn't a complete flop. But yeah booking would have to be thought out to make the gimmick not lead to a bunch of quiet crowds as she does her wheel spin. We know how that goes.

Still I love Kairi so I'm going to enjoy tonight. The only match I'm a little cool on is the NXT championship match but that'll probably change when it starts.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Updated the OP with the start time, by the way. If J-Ru wants to edit the topic title to include it, that would be swell.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

SunshineDanceParty posted:

The only match I'm a little cool on is the NXT championship match but that'll probably change when it starts.

I hope they get real weird with the creative solution to the Aleister injury. Gimme a double turn. Gargano wins with some brass knucks, gets on the mic, it was me, Aleister

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Gonna go with....

Dream
TUE
Ricochet
Kairi
Some kinda clusterfuck non-finish

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

A reminder that Roddy Strong SHOULD LOSE BECAUSE HE BETRAYED FRIENDSHIP IN ORDER TO GET HIS BELT I'M STILL MAD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(i love takeovers)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
My dumb predictions:

Dream
TUE
Kairi
Cole
Non Finish/Draw

Note: I will likely be wrong on most or all of them. :v:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Pinwiz11 posted:

A reminder that Roddy Strong SHOULD LOSE BECAUSE HE BETRAYED FRIENDSHIP IN ORDER TO GET HIS BELT I'M STILL MAD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(i love takeovers)

roddy is a poo poo so it's fitting and good

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

- EC3 (his character doesn't work if he loses every big match)
- TUE (to get murdered at WarGames)
- Kairi (Baszler heads to SDL)
- Ricochet (Cole doesn't need the belt, Trips wants a satisfying face win here because...)
- Intentionally unsatisfying non-finish (not the NXT way, I know, but I think they'll go with a curveball because of circumstances)

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Dream wins, then wins the NXT title, then goes to Raw and brings back the Heartbreak Hotel as his personal talk show and becomes the highest-paid entertainer in the world.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

I guess the destruction of aleister's balls mean it wouldn't have happened anyway but the fact that this takeover is not aleister black vs velveteen dream for the title is an absolute crime

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

CarlCX posted:

Dream wins, then wins the NXT title, then goes to Raw and brings back the Heartbreak Hotel as his personal talk show and becomes the highest-paid entertainer in the world.

My Dream.

I'm rooting for him but Velveteen can take one more loss. I've loved his video promos when he address losses but glosses over them or just focuses on what he did. After this Takeover he better go on a tear though.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If I don't watch tonight I can keep my expectations low for tomorrow.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I forgot that there was a Takeover and missed it last time but tonight I am excited for wrestles

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
A friend of mine works in WWE and told me Tanahashi, the Young Bucks, and Cody are all debuting tonight.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
YAY SAM ROBERTS :woop: :woop: :woop:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

fart blood posted:

YAY SAM ROBERTS :woop: :woop: :woop:
are you ok

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
McAfee is a jerk for namedropping Brooklyn rappers when everyone knows Queens is the best because Nas came from here.

edit: and Tribe Called Quest.

edit #2: and Run DMC.

Brooklyn is full of jerks is what I'm saying.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I thought for a crazy moment they had brought Jack Swagger in for commentary

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

"We've narrowed this mystery down to the entire roster who happened to be in the same place at the moment of the crime"

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Wait is NXT seriously doing a Married with Children style "Who stole the pharoah's eye" angle for Black?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It was Sting in a white black hummer.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Is it me or does Charlie Caruso have anime eyes tonight?

shocksite
Apr 8, 2018

how serious is the busted balls of black anyway

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I’m excited! Takeover is the show I soak in. Summerslam is what I get drunk to. I stay sober for Takeover. My predictions:

tue
    There Alec 3
    Cole Bay Bay
    Kairi
    Ciampa retains

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

shocksite posted:

It is my understanding one of his testicles literally exploded.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fire coach, promote Renee, promote Charly

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

shocksite posted:

Rovert said it was one of the worst injuries he'd heard about in a long time which was unfortunately followed up by another really bad accident in NXT during the Mae Young Classic

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Alright I just re-upped my WWE Network subscription for this weekend. Come on WWE, make me interested in wrestling again.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Grant DaNasty posted:

Alright I just re-upped my WWE Network subscription for this weekend. Come on WWE, make me interested in wrestling again.

You have to watch NJPW to be interested in wrestling again.

NXT is great though and worth the price of the Network alone.

It's just...ya know...you're giving this garbage company money so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shocksite
Apr 8, 2018

RealFoxy posted:

Rovert said it was one of the worst injuries he'd heard about in a long time which was unfortunately followed up by another really bad accident in NXT during the Mae Young Classic

drat, black was one of my favorite nxt stars, hope he recovers fast

• Locked thread