Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I kind of wish I had become one. Instead I fell in the trap of studying what I wanted instead of what I was probably better suited for. Honestly I'd probably have gone the corporate lawyer route for the money so it's probably for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Pawn 17 posted:

:lol:

John Oliver did a good show recently on prosecutors:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET_b78GSBUs

prosecutors aren't the only types of lawyers. You can't really say anything bad about public defenders aside from being incredibly overworked to the point where they can't adequately do the job they want to do. But that's the system's fault, not theirs.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Pawn 17 posted:

I was just thinking the other day how public defenders have the most demoralizing job since the legal system is set up to where it's really important to have a lot of money to defend yourself. And those without money using public defenders are pretty much hosed from the get go.

They are kind of like teachers, doing a thankless job without the tools to do it right. Except they also have a mountain of law school debt to worry about on top of everything.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

DogonCrook posted:

Politicians are almost universally lawyers so while there are probably more good lawyers than bad imo, their ranks include objectively the worst people.

Sure but that shouldn't tarnish the good lawyers just because they have the same profession. We need the good lawyers to balance with the bad ones.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

If I was a lawyer and cared about how people thought about me I'd strive to be like Matt Damon in The Rainmaker. Since I don't though I'd strive to be like Harvey Specter in Suits. Both good lawyers, just in different ways.

• Locked thread