Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Just lucky, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Technically, there's a very small stat bonus to all ships of the same type whenever you get a ship to level 120.

That said, I have absolutely no desire to get every ship I own to 120. I level up the ones I use and that's it. For that purpose, both types of chips are functionally infinite.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, I'm only collecting and leveling SSR+ and there's still way too many of them.

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
73 level 125, 150 between level 120-125, 30k level 100-120 chips, 850 level 120-125 chips z.z

CraneBuilder
Aug 19, 2013
I have every non-collab ship awakened at 100+, and ~215 ships at 120+, with 100k chips and 2.8k arrays. I could probably use all my arrays overnight, but I'm not sure it'd be possible to run out of chips.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/AzurLane_EN/status/1658808455950635010

Odd batch of XP boosted ships in the Call to Arms. The IB ships of course, sure, but also Zui and a random META.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Nah, it makes sense. Bismarck and U-556 are closely associated with each other IRL, Ulrich looks to be a key figure in the upcoming pre-event, Gneisenau META was the META Ulrich brought home with her from Tower of Transcendence specifically because of Bismarck, and IIRC, Zuikaku is one of the Japanese ships assigned to liaison work with the Germans (because Akagi wants them far away from the home islands where they could cause trouble for her).

This is definitely shaping up to be a Bismarck-centric storyline, though Azur Lane loves to jerk the football away at the last second.

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Problem is now I have to look at U-556. Gross. Please tell me she has a reasonable skin I can pay for instead of whatever that .. thing.. she's wearing is.

killer_robot fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 18, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

killer_robot posted:

Problem is now I have to look at U-556. Gross. Please tell me she has a reasonable skin I can pay for instead of whatever that .. thing.. she's wearing is.

I was going to say yes but then I realized I confused her with U-47.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

killer_robot posted:

She has a free permanent event skin you can obtain that's way less gross.

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

I was going to say yes but then I realized I confused her with U-47.

U-47's actually one of my favorite boats aesthetic wise.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Alright, livestream news time. Note that ALL OF THE BELOW IS SUBJECT TO THE FOG OF WAR. I don't understand Chinese, so I'm doing my best to interpret images and read what others are saying about the stream.

The new UR is, in fact, BB Bismarck II Zwei:

Notably, she's not H-class, she's still Bismarck-class.

Accompanying her are:

Purple CVL Jade (Elbe's sister):

Gold CL Regensburg (Magdeburg's sister):

Gold DD Otto von Alvensleben (named after a WW1 navy captain)

and... Gold SS U-556 META.

U-556 META is the shop/map drop ship, Jade is the point accumulation reward (which means there are zero featured elites on the banner this time around).

Additionally, there's a new retrofit, BB Nelson:

There are three new oath skins, Champagne, Hermione, and Harbin (gently caress yes!):

The event skins this time around are swimsuit-themed. We get New Jersey (L2D), Taihou (L2D), Anchorage (Finally! Also L2D. And topless.), Sakawa, Royal Fortune (yes!! Also a Dynamic Motion skin), Ticonderoga, Manchester, Bismarck Zwei (Dynamic Motion), Regensburg (L2D), Alvensleben, and Jade.

The Anniversary dress skins are for Laffey, Ayanami, Unicorn, Prinz Heinrich, Chapayev, Illustrious, and Amagi. Also a free Cleveland skin. No individual pictures because they're spread out through the recap collage on reddit.

The next Operation Siren META ship is Algerie META.

Finally another loving vanguard META. Hopefully she'll be tanky, though my hopes aren't high.

Also some people are talking about Vestal META, maybe as the Cruise Pass ship, but I can't find any pictures of her.

EDIT: Yep, here she is, along with Kaga as the skin:

We'll also be getting Taihou-chan as our next (?) Little Ship:

Other news:
  • Apparently they teased that there's going to be a non-standard faction event later this year. One of the restreamers said it's Tempesta (Royal Fortune's faction) and it's going to take the Christmas UR slot, but that's super unsubstantiated right now.
  • There's a Gear Lab update coming with a UR AA gun (Japanese 100mm/98, lol), a gold plane (FW-190 A-6/R6), and gold 533mm Mark 35 torpedoes, plus a couple purple guns.
  • META ships are being added to the Fleet Technology system, likely because of U-556 META being a banner ship.
  • The sub daily is being updated because they're removing the SOS system. Good riddance.
  • There's a new non-rotating shop being added to Operation Siren. No idea what's in it yet. EDIT: Apparently they're changing the OpSi shops to be non-rotating in their entirety. You can just buy what you want when you can afford it without having to stress about there being multiple UR items on the first day. Also means you don't have to waste currency on useless poo poo just to make sure the shops rotate through their whole supply.
  • There's going to be another collab rerun later this year. No word on which one yet. Very good news regardless.
  • Past minigames will be added to the game permanently. Again, no word on which will be in the initial batch, but I assume they'll be added to over time like the free skin events.
  • They're making it easier/quicker to retire/scrap ships and gear. You can do more than 10 ships at a time, presumably the gear scrapping cap is also changing/going away.
  • They're making it quicker/easier to get to 200 points for the META challenges every day.
  • There's going to be a new feature in Operation Siren to let you "raise" TB, tamagatchi-like. Very sparse details right now.
  • Challenge mode is returning with better rewards.
  • They're adding sharable gear presets, so now you can see how terribly other people outfit their ships.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 21, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Pretty solid stuff, especially the QOL changes, and now I'm curious what Bismarck #2's deal is. Also Taihou-chan is something I didn't know I wanted.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

In some after-stream news, it does appear that there's support for the "new faction event" being Tempesta. They showed a couple of small, greyed-out images, one of which (the top one) is a lady in a black tricorne hat with a basket-hilt rapier:

Some people are saying the middle image is Tempesta-like as well, but it's not as obvious to me. It might have been talked about in the stream itself though, I can't say. EDIT: And I totally missed the manjuu with an age of sail-style hat in the bottom image.
I'm already on record as being very happy with the idea of age of sail ships, so this is good news for me. YMMV.

Also, we've got confirmation that NJ, Taihou, and Anchorage's swimsuit skins will all be L2D, and Bismarck Zwei's will be Dynamic Motion. I included images of them in the previous post. Still no word of which dress skins are L2D/Dynamic. It's all but certain that at least a couple will be.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 19, 2023

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
They're really hitting it out of the park with these skins. I wonder where the Whale Ryuuhou skin went though.

OGS-Remix fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 19, 2023

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Featured CV Zuikaku not getting a retro, and instead going with a random RN BB, is kind of a shame. After all, the cranes could certainly use one -though admittedly them both getting one at the same time would make some amount of sense if they ever do get them. Comedy option would have been Sardegna getting one, since they are currently the only faction with absolutely zero retros.

I'm both surprised and yet unsurprised that Bismarck got an entirely new construction pool form instead of a retro. Given IB has very few retros to begin with - and not a single main fleet one - it definitely would have made sense. But Bismarck also seems to be the team's super special character so her getting unique treatment also makes sense.

Sathzur
Nov 19, 2009

Zurai posted:

CL Regensburg (another SMS/World War 1 ship):

Regensburg isn't the SMS ship, she's Magdeburgs's sister. You can tell this because her turrets are twins whereas SMS Regensburg had hers in single mounts.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So Royal Fortune is a SAIL ship? In the SUBMARINE slot? I can’t think of a less submarin’y ship type.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Ineptitude posted:

So Royal Fortune is a SAIL ship? In the SUBMARINE slot? I can’t think of a less submarin’y ship type.

Totally a submarine letting loose:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7KVNry-cY8

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I added/updated the skins and new ships that have been formally announced outside of China to the livestream post. It looks like Jade is the Elite for this event, everything else should be SSR (except Bismarck of course) going by the chat frame points. EDIT: Yep, everything else is gold. U-556 META is the shop ship, Jade is point accumulation. We've also got uncensored pictures of all the swimsuit skins except Otto von Alvensleben's now. That's her official EN name, and it's neither the Prussian general Gustav von Alvensleben nor the Nazi warcrimer Ludolf von Alvensleben. As best I can tell, Otto was a WW1 navy captain.

Sathzur posted:

Regensburg isn't the SMS ship, she's Magdeburgs's sister. You can tell this because her turrets are twins whereas SMS Regensburg had hers in single mounts.

Thanks, I'll correct it.

Ineptitude posted:

The Flying Dutchman. She's even got tentacles in her hair (those aren't from her hat, they're still there in her skins).

OGS-Remix posted:

They're really hitting it out of the park with these skins. I wonder where the Whale Ryuuhou skin went though.

They really are. All three of those oath skins are gorgeous, and I don't even like Champagne normally.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 21, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Neat. They had Atsuko Tanaka record more lines for Tirpitz. :unsmith:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:stoked: for this update, ngl.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Can you split wishing well between banners? One heavy one special for instance? Or are you locked into two ships on one banner?

I was going to wish for Jean Bart but since she is getting moved to Medal of Honor when we catch up to JP/CN I think I can just disregard the well until and if I get the event ships. I looked at the wiki build pool roster and though I'm still missing a lot there's 1 yellow and 1 purple on each banner I'd go out of my way for. I'd rather get the new stuff with my limited amount of cubes though, especially with New Jersey coming back at some point. We'll see how my luck holds up.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

bagrada posted:

Can you split wishing well between banners? One heavy one special for instance? Or are you locked into two ships on one banner?

I was going to wish for Jean Bart but since she is getting moved to Medal of Honor when we catch up to JP/CN I think I can just disregard the well until and if I get the event ships. I looked at the wiki build pool roster and though I'm still missing a lot there's 1 yellow and 1 purple on each banner I'd go out of my way for. I'd rather get the new stuff with my limited amount of cubes though, especially with New Jersey coming back at some point. We'll see how my luck holds up.

They have to be on the same banner.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Right before I hit pity I pulled two Bismarcks in the same ten pull. Luck is wild, y'all.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 25, 2023

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Last UR event I got Yorktown on pull 199.

This time not so bad. Bismark in 20. :getin:

McGavin fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 25, 2023

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I got all the gacha ships except U-556 META in 30 pulls this time. Taihou Muse (from the wishing well) was considerably more reluctant to appear.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I got everyone except U-556 META in 30 and idol Taihou in 10. Even had spare coins left over. :c00l:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Agreed that the corruption mechanic doesnt sound fun. Dont think it has affected me yet doing A and B but assume it will be much more noticeable in C and D.

How do i progress the base building? There is nothing to do.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Upgrade your crafting bench and you can craft the required upgrade materials.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

And if you're like me and can't figure out how to upgrade your crafting bench, there's a button in the lower right. Dunno why they didn't make it more obvious like the other camp facilities.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Jade's rigging includes an Enigma Machine. "Cute".

Also, I kinda dig the new end-of-battle splash screen? (The bit that shows your fleet briefly before the stats screen.) Nice way to see a little bit more of your fleet's current skins.

Though it wasn't super intuitive that the "new setting to skip part of the battle summary display" was actually just a method of letting you turn this new feature back off!

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED
A rather odd question: is there any sort of resource out there that can help point out "this gear is poo poo and should be mulched"? The community tier list has been good for what I should equip, but I'm having a hard time finding a "junk it" list. Or at least one that's somewhat up to date. I'm running out of space and need to figure out what 4* planes and guns to get rid of.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You can junk anything that isn't listed on the tier list, but check the gear lab first and keep equipment that can be upgraded into stuff that's on the tier list.

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Ugh. Burned through 250 gems, digging into my 450 backup Akashi mail. I've 3 copies of every ship except dragon girl. I am starting to stress.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The event lasts for 21 days, my dude. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Just do three pulls a day for the event task and start stressing on day 21.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

McGavin posted:

The event lasts for 21 days, my dude. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Just do three pulls a day for the event task and start stressing on day 21.

Yeah, and you can also get Gold Bulins a bunch of different ways if you're really hell bent on limit breaking everybody for the event frame and whatnot. Doing all the 'clear X stage with X shipgirl' puts you really close and you get points just for getting Bismarck and U-556 Meta.

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

ReverendHammer posted:

A rather odd question: is there any sort of resource out there that can help point out "this gear is poo poo and should be mulched"? The community tier list has been good for what I should equip, but I'm having a hard time finding a "junk it" list. Or at least one that's somewhat up to date. I'm running out of space and need to figure out what 4* planes and guns to get rid of.

https://imgur.com/a/YoxqS7A

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Holy poo poo

Why does nothing useful for AL pop up when you google? Had no idea a library of knowledge like that existed.
When googling at best you get some random youtube video from 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

EXCELLENT. Thanks for sharing that.