Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Systematic System posted:

Gold weapon blueprints have extremely low drop rates unfortunately. Luckily, the best weapons (with one exception) and auxs come from research.

Thanks!

Now I’m realizing I am low on Gold Bulins and have to slow down leveling my Nagato.... yay grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Arcturas posted:

Now just to figure out how to convince the game to drop the yellow gun schematics I actually want...

The best way is forget about it and just plug away at the game. Every few months open the depot and see if you can build something nice. Grinding for stuff just feels like a boring job.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I never spent my event points from this last Sakura event. Are either of the ships worth buying or should I just blow 13k on blueprints and gold?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

waah posted:

I never spent my event points from this last Sakura event. Are either of the ships worth buying or should I just blow 13k on blueprints and gold?

Kongou & Haruna (and Mutsu) will be added to the core shop when Sakura is archived.

Ooshio will go to light construction.

None are must have botes (unless you need/want a ijn battlecruiser), so you could easily wait on them.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Got Radford and Jenkins faster than I expected, on to world 9-3 for Nicholas.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is the next event the Bismark event finally?

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012
No, it is a HMS-focused event. https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/Aurora_Noctis

However, there are a good number of KMS ships that drop on the event maps. Admiral Hipper (A2, C2), U-557 (B1, D1), Deutschland (B2, D2), Gneisenau and Scharnhorst (B3, D3, SP), so if you're looking for KMS Tech Points, this is a good one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Systematic System posted:

No, it is a HMS-focused event. https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/Aurora_Noctis

However, there are a good number of KMS ships that drop on the event maps. Admiral Hipper (A2, C2), U-557 (B1, D1), Deutschland (B2, D2), Gneisenau and Scharnhorst (B3, D3, SP), so if you're looking for KMS Tech Points, this is a good one.

I already have all of those. It's only Bismark that I'm missing.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
That was a pretty rough downtime with a lot of downloads (including from the play store, doesn't usually need that) and not a huge compensation for it either.

Anyway, the new ships are all pretty good looking. 4 x 10 pulls got me 2 x Perseus (a healer CVL that isn't pedo bait, hurrah), Valiant and Eagle. Good for a start but I will need them all so I can get the RN frame. God shave the Queen!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I got Howe and all the other purps but not Perseus which is the big ticket girl in the roster. I'll do 3 pulls a day till the end of the event and whale if I have to then.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Got all the build only boats in 80 cubes.

Just3c seems to consider Howe to be the best of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVcuVPZvAdI

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I've gotten nothing so far but Valiant. I got tons of cubed but no coins.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I managed to get everyone but Hermione in about 60 pulls. I got a lot of doubles of the others though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pulled Perseus today on the 3 pulls, cleared out the banner so I can just do discount light pulls or not at all outside of the daily to stock back up.

Catastrophe90
Apr 18, 2016
Holy poo poo grinding for Odin is expensive

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got a laugh

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

twistedmentat posted:

I got a laugh

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

these juustagram posts continue to amuse :allears:

also this

twistedmentat posted:

I got a laugh

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Juustagram is great. Today's from Icarus with all the subs piling in legit cracked me up.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
This event is really loving me over. I've used all the cubes, coin and gems I had and still no Howe. I've had a parade of other SSRs and enough Valiants to paper a wall. No Hermione either but I'll get her from the exchange.

Still time to scrape something together and get Howe but drat she's breaking my balls.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Ratzap posted:

This event is really loving me over. I've used all the cubes, coin and gems I had and still no Howe. I've had a parade of other SSRs and enough Valiants to paper a wall. No Hermione either but I'll get her from the exchange.

Still time to scrape something together and get Howe but drat she's breaking my balls.

Yeah I had done good with the other events but I just have poo poo luck pulling the event ships.

The juuustgram posts are so amazing so I hope they keep going and it's something we see somewhat often.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
My first bit of luck - Hermione from B3 :smug:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I just started playing this and I got Howe, Perseus, and Eagle for doing the daily "build 3 ships" quests. Is this good?

Sathzur
Nov 19, 2009

McGavin posted:

I just started playing this and I got Howe, Perseus, and Eagle for doing the daily "build 3 ships" quests. Is this good?

You're very lucky, most people get an event ship every 30 builds

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
My Roon hit L120 so I got round to oathing her. The oath text explains a lot.

Once I finsh the 'Do B2/D2 X time with Y' missions I'll roll into D1 farming with the cheapest fleet that can manage. I might as well grab a 2nd black stick while this is on.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I had to buy gems and keep pulling (just 2 at a time to save what resources I could) but I finally got Howe. The frame should be in the bag soon so I just need to gather points for the exchange.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I've mostly been doing the 3-a-day and have Howe and Perseus. Is Hermione worth it? I'm inclined to say yes, but dunno how much I care.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
She's about the same as Dido.

Panopticon01
Jul 29, 2006

The All-Seeing Eye
FINALLY pulled Howe and I'm excited to say the least. HOWE-ever does anyone have a good recommended build for her? I dont have a lot of the general gold tier equipment recommended for BB's so I have to make due. I'm using the gold triple 406 but its normal ammo vs. HE or AP?

Catastrophe90
Apr 18, 2016

Panopticon01 posted:

FINALLY pulled Howe and I'm excited to say the least. HOWE-ever does anyone have a good recommended build for her? I dont have a lot of the general gold tier equipment recommended for BB's so I have to make due. I'm using the gold triple 406 but its normal ammo vs. HE or AP?

Her barrage is on a timer, so she doesn't need a fast-firing gun. 95% of the time you'll be using HE BB guns (the other 5% is AP, normal BB ammo is garbage). The usual purple triple 406mm should work fine (many of the gold BB guns are worse than the purple triple 406mm).

Got Hermione to drop from D3! Now it's just a matter of getting Perseus (and not more Howes) to drop...

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Panopticon01 posted:

Like he said, use your biggest bang main gun - I went with the gold proto 410 as I have some spares. Standard for BBs I use the purple triple 152 (suidice boat clearer) in aux. Then look at it's AA skill, if it's decent, give it a good AA gun otherwise one of the purple overflow (I went with the gold PR bofors with hit). A fire control radar and the core shop white crit shell.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Got a 2nd Howe from the daily build 3 ships mission. What should I do with it as a new player?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

McGavin posted:

Got a 2nd Howe from the daily build 3 ships mission. What should I do with it as a new player?

Use it to limit break Howe. Bulins are in short supply early on and she's not worth that many medals via retirement.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Keep duplicates for limit breaking the ships you're interested in running. It saves you a bullin.
If you don't have much dock space and don't mind the increased oil cost, you can probably just limit break them early at level 10 for the first limit break, level 30 for the second and level 70 for the last.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ji7x8nxSFw

In about an hour from this post there's going to be a live stream here for the 2nd anniversary.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I already have all of those. It's only Bismark that I'm missing.

Good news!

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
I can't believe they got the USS Iowa guy again. I guess they didn't scare them off last year. :yikes:

August is going to be an expensive month for me with both Azur Lane and Fire Emblem heroes having anniversary events. :10bux:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

OGS-Remix posted:

I can't believe they got the USS Iowa guy again. I guess they didn't scare them off last year. :yikes:

The Navy knows who joins the Navy. If they're ever having trouble meeting recruiting quotas they can always put a "pass our physical fitness test and get a FREE TRIP TO JAPAN! (terms and conditions apply)" sign outside the recruiter's offices. :v:

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Oh cool, Warspites sword event is back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Monolith. posted:

Oh cool, Warspites sword event is back.

Awwwwww yeah I think all that's standing between me and instant retro is a Gold Bullin