Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Dawgstar posted:

I see Bremerton's getting an L2D ship. Does that mean there'll be a chance to pull for her? I'd kind of like Baltimore's sister.

I guess you refer to Biloxi's unannounced pull chance (without rate-up) during the "Inverted Orthant" event?

Unless they do something similar to that you would have to wait for the "Microlayer Meddley" rerun. Which will take a while because other events like "Ashen Simulacrum" (and Baltimore herself) would take priority by event date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

OutofSight posted:

I guess you refer to Biloxi's unannounced pull chance (without rate-up) during the "Inverted Orthant" event?

Unless they do something similar to that you would have to wait for the "Microlayer Meddley" rerun. Which will take a while because other events like "Ashen Simulacrum" (and Baltimore herself) would take priority by event date.

Ah, okay.

Kinda amusingly I did get Biloxi during Orthant (before pulling Weser, even) which was a surprise. I won't turn down another Cleveland.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wonder why they call Z23 Niima in Slow Ahead. First I thought that's 23 in Japanese but nope.

Does anyone have that really good Best Gear list? I googled and there are so many that I have no idea which is the one to follow.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I wonder why they call Z23 Niima in Slow Ahead. First I thought that's 23 in Japanese but nope.

It's "Nimi".

Ni = 2

Mi = 3

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Does anyone have that really good Best Gear list? I googled and there are so many that I have no idea which is the one to follow.

i just use this one, idk if it's the best but its my reference of choice: https://imgur.com/a/TNpH1rL

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nipponophile posted:

It's "Nimi".

Ni = 2

Mi = 3

Oh rather than Twenty Three they're saying Two Three, that makes sense.

UHD posted:

i just use this one, idk if it's the best but its my reference of choice: https://imgur.com/a/TNpH1rL

That looks good, but I think there was one that said "Enterprise is best with the following gear" and so on.

book
Nov 29, 2014
May be thinking of:

https://slaimuda.github.io/ectl/

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
There's also the Your Waifu Is Ship guide, which recently got rid of their tiering setup.
https://github.com/YourWaifuIsShip/Azur-Lane-Guides

quote:

USS Enterprise

Skill:
70% chance on airstrike launch, airstrike deals x2 damage and Enterprise becomes invincible for 8s.
Has a 3/3/2 loadout.

Recommended Loadouts:
[General Purpose] F6F Hellcat; SB2C Helldiver; Ryusei; Hydraulic Catapult; Hydraulic Catapult
[Poverty] F4U Corsair; SB2C Helldiver or JU87 Stuka; Tenzan; Hydraulic Catapult; Hydraulic Catapult

Desc:

One of the best solo CV currently in the game, courtesy of her solid statline and a skill that can reliably lay the smackdown on waves and airwings alike - as well as provide some emergency damage absorption against incoming aircraft or even shelling. It's not all bombs and sunshine, though - while her proc rate is high, she is nevertheless very reliant on that proc to perform and her generalist Efficiencies tend to blunt her effectiveness somewhat.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

C.M. Kruger posted:

There's also the Your Waifu Is Ship guide, which recently got rid of their tiering setup.

Thanks for the link - didn’t know this existed!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

This was what I was looking for

C.M. Kruger posted:

This is pretty fantastic too.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

that guide is pretty cool

usually i just run my favorites but im running out of favorites to get to 120/max affinity so its good to have an idea which to focus on next

also kudos to them for the tierless list, tier lists are trash

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm getting really tired of the resource nodes in Operation Siren being warning devices which means I don't get anything. It's happening all the time and the grind for mats is already irritating enough.

Catastrophe90
Apr 18, 2016

Dawgstar posted:

I'm getting really tired of the resource nodes in Operation Siren being warning devices which means I don't get anything. It's happening all the time and the grind for mats is already irritating enough.

Scan mode tells you which nodes have ambushes and which don't

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Catastrophe90 posted:

Scan mode tells you which nodes have ambushes and which don't

Thanks. That was clearly something told to me in a tutorial that I completely forgot.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Finally got my goddamn Formidable.

Now to rebuild my supply of cubes :negative:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How do i get more guild event tries? 2 is really low.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I think we have to crank the difficulty up so they aren't completed too quickly, but I could be off.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
I don't think there's any way around the 2 per month cap.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay, because I've been thinking I'm slacking off my guild duties.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Map showing the order of farming the record files in Siren Mode.

It's entirely possible to get every file in one clearance of the map, although it requires patience to farm the X-2 & X-4 records while leaving a partially cleared map. Just remember that any X-3 or X-5 map cannot be cleared until the record before (ie X-2/X-4) has been obtained, any other map can be cleared and farmed later.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Do the record files do anything or can you just let them accumulate passively as you clear the things every month?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Kyte posted:

Do the record files do anything or can you just let them accumulate passively as you clear the things every month?

They're always one star on exploration progress, not sure if they do anything else right now. Not sure if they ever reset, I've heard rumors that exploration progress might reset every 2 months, but I don't know if that's official

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
It turns out you can buy the data logger for 5k oil in the shop and still get the X-3 & X-5 records, although that may possibly make it harder to keep track of which zones you have cleared.

Sathzur
Nov 19, 2009
Here's a sheet to help keep track of what files you need to grab

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I've barely touched Siren because it looks like a bunch of hassle and very time consuming.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Ratzap posted:

I've barely touched Siren because it looks like a bunch of hassle and very time consuming.

It very much is, however, it's also the only way to get the new gear materials and Hiryuu Meta.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
The whole "build your dreamfleet of 6 shipgirls with no oil-cost" has a certain charm in OpSi.

But unless you are a player hitting endgame-content in the main-campaign and have the means to build 4 well-formed fleets, you can do without. There is really no requirement for it or trying to rush the content like some poor fools.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

OutofSight posted:

The whole "build your dreamfleet of 6 shipgirls with no oil-cost" has a certain charm in OpSi.

But unless you are a player hitting endgame-content in the main-campaign and have the means to build 4 well-formed fleets, you can do without. There is really no requirement for it or trying to rush the content like some poor fools.

I'm mostly going at it for Hiryuu Meta because, well, FOMO (but she is apparently quite good) although after that I'm tempted to sit the rest of it out. I really need to focus on leveling the stuff I actually have to a decent level so I can do more regular story missions.

Catastrophe90
Apr 18, 2016

Largepotato posted:

Map showing the order of farming the record files in Siren Mode.

It's entirely possible to get every file in one clearance of the map, although it requires patience to farm the X-2 & X-4 records while leaving a partially cleared map. Just remember that any X-3 or X-5 map cannot be cleared until the record before (ie X-2/X-4) has been obtained, any other map can be cleared and farmed later.

BTW this map has 2-5 and 2-6 inverted, which I found out the hard way.

Author made an updated map:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Some of the submissions for the AR Valentines Day event are pretty good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This weeks Slow Ahead summery - Boobs, boobs, boobs, Abs. Though I never realized just how deep Minneapolis was with the Native American thing. It's a little gross, but when i guess artists living in Japan and China wouldn't be as aware of the plight of First Nations people and the tradition of turning them into a costume. Heavy thoughts for a anime trying to sell you a shipgirls game on phone.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

This weeks Slow Ahead summery - Boobs, boobs, boobs, Abs. Though I never realized just how deep Minneapolis was with the Native American thing. It's a little gross, but when i guess artists living in Japan and China wouldn't be as aware of the plight of First Nations people and the tradition of turning them into a costume. Heavy thoughts for a anime trying to sell you a shipgirls game on phone.

There is a reason I'd like to get Minne's eXtreme :krad: outfit whenever that comes around again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dawgstar posted:

There is a reason I'd like to get Minne's eXtreme :krad: outfit whenever that comes around again.

Oh poo poo that one is awesome. She's a good EU CA right?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Top Tier in general

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bacontotem posted:

Top Tier in general

Nice. Eventually I'll work on a EU Fleet. Maybe when Phoenix gets a retro or something.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

twistedmentat posted:

Oh poo poo that one is awesome. She's a good EU CA right?
She's fantastic in mobbing fleets, with solid regeneration and a no-cooldown DPS buff everytime she gets the kill shot which is always resetting because it helps her fish for more kills.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bell_ posted:

She's fantastic in mobbing fleets, with solid regeneration and a no-cooldown DPS buff everytime she gets the kill shot which is always resetting because it helps her fish for more kills.

I've got her at level 100 now with Thrill of the Hunt almost at 10 and it's basically proccing all the time and I'm sure that'll get even better when she finally hits 120. Since I'm trying to farm points for Seattle, I don't mind her stealing MVP.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

According to the AL Discord there's currently a bug that means any exp you earn is not being counted for PRY ships' combat data collection.

Which is deeply unfortunate since I had a ton of oil and spent some 2x reward things before I found out. :smith:

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Dawgstar posted:

According to the AL Discord there's currently a bug that means any exp you earn is not being counted for PRY ships' combat data collection.

Which is deeply unfortunate since I had a ton of oil and spent some 2x reward things before I found out. :smith:

I feel your pain but dancing on the inside - I finished all PR ships last month. Just thousands of blueprints to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Well, if that was going to happen, it was at a good time for me. I just finished building my last PR1 ship a couple days ago, and was just planning on passively collecting whatever I could from whichever other grind I'm doing next.

Speaking of grinds, how's everyone's Hiryuu META chase going? I just hit 20K whatsits yesterday, so I'm well ahead of schedule to get the 25K we need for max LB before she rotates out. It looks like the real pain will be getting her skills up. The point accumulation there is so slow.