Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Othin posted:

Hit me with those deets please. (I might have missed them)
Jeez, Akashi and the others tried to shame me for not logging in for 45 days. (and threw 20 cubes and some bullins at me)

At least they haven't starved to death!

So, just look for Goonfleet (AZUR LANE if faction is important)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i already have bismarck so im dumping cubes for the new french girls

so far like four of the nerd wizard dd but no le malin yet

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I missed the last French event. Is this a repeat or a new one?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

its a rerun with two new ships that werent in the first go: Le Malin and L'Opiniātre

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Yeah, this one is a repeat, but it leads into a much larger event in a couple of weeks that will eventually have Jeanne d'Arc and a bunch of other new ones.

https://twitter.com/AzurLane_EN/status/1262717051149271043

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 21, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Catastrophe90 posted:

Jean Bart is by far the most useful of the bunch as a Siren nuker.

Dunkerque can be a nice, cheap barrage boat (her barrage is a coin flip though).

Surcouf is a sub that better at shooting than torping, for what that's worth.

The rest are fairly forgettable IMO

I got all those, Jean Bart was even my first Waifu.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I just noticed that you can buy an extra slot per floor of the dorm. Just 1200 gems per slot - ow.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
They're gonna have to screw up a lot of downtime for me to afford that.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Ratzap posted:

I just noticed that you can buy an extra slot per floor of the dorm. Just 1200 gems per slot - ow.

1200 gives you the 6th slot on both floors

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Largepotato posted:

1200 gives you the 6th slot on both floors

I see, that's "generous"? of them or maybe that's how it's always worked and I just can't remember buying the ones before.

I got both the new iris boats so I just put in effort based on shop buys now.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

all the expansions in the dorm have cost gems, it continuing to cost gems is unsurprising

(refer to https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/Living_Area#Dorm)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They even follow the same pattern, the previous increase + 100

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Ratzap posted:

I see, that's "generous"? of them or maybe that's how it's always worked and I just can't remember buying the ones before.

its always worked that way but i think most people buy out the dorm slots well before the second floor becomes available

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
I just use the two dorm slots to level up new ships when they drop. I maxxed the first floor size and have purchased every item I could (that didn't require spending gems) until the benefits dropped to +0. Why would people need 12 ships going at a time? I guess I might not play enough, but I have never seen one of my ships below the "I hope we're this happy everyday".

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I am presently rotating out a squad of 5 boats in total (that can clear D2 when set up as 1:2 and 1:1)

they get exhausted within 2 hours of grinding 138.6mm DD guns

and then another squad goes in, repeat

note, I have gotten *one single piece of T3 138.6mm blueprint* in all that time

gently caress this drop rate

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I applied to GoonColle on Avrora. Let's rule the waves together, friends.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

ilifinicus posted:

I am presently rotating out a squad of 5 boats in total (that can clear D2 when set up as 1:2 and 1:1)

they get exhausted within 2 hours of grinding 138.6mm DD guns

and then another squad goes in, repeat

note, I have gotten *one single piece of T3 138.6mm blueprint* in all that time

gently caress this drop rate

I think the upcoming French event will also drop this gun so no need to go completely crazy farming it now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gonna end up blowing all my cubes trying to get Sheffield before Bismark event comes back. Also did the quest to get Sandy's mic come back or is that next?

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Gonna end up blowing all my cubes trying to get Sheffield before Bismark event comes back. Also did the quest to get Sandy's mic come back or is that next?

That's supposed to come after the current event.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Estraysian posted:

I think the upcoming French event will also drop this gun so no need to go completely crazy farming it now.
there's double the amount of chances at the drop per map in this event compared to the new one

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Azur Lane Crosswave got announced for Nintendo Switch earlier today. Launches September 17th in Japan with a US release surely to follow by early 2021.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Ahoy!

App sent to GoonColle.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I got Le Malin and the other purple event ship quickly enough on the first day in only 60 cubes, and I just built Dace from the Wishing Well (the only Special ship I had left). Still need Swiftsure, though, but I'll get her eventually through light building.

One downgrade I noticed in QoL is that at least as far as I can tell, when you go into the Theme shop in the Furniture Mall, it no longer tells you what the overall point boost to the dorm is from buying it. It could just be that none of the themes I can buy would give me points and if there was one up that would, it would show up somewhere, but as far as I can tell it's gone.

Timmy Horsey
Dec 13, 2012

Sent an application to GoonColle

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
A good day. I finally got Swiftsure today, another RN anti air CL won't go amiss. Plus the adorable lil Illustrious arrives with the 3rd drawing today. They really turned the twee up to 11 on this one - she flies around on fairy wings. One of her skills looks like it might be handy in pvp though.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I think I'm done at 6x 138.6mm guns

there's time to do one more

stop me

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

ilifinicus posted:

I think I'm done at 6x 138.6mm guns

there's time to do one more

stop me

I got 1 from the shop and didn't bother farming any. Too much effort, too much time. Go out and enjoy the nice weather/riots (strike as applicable) of what's left of the weekend.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

haha I can't do that, I'm in the COVID-19 risk group that will die from an infection so there is ONLY THE GRIND as we are confined to our home

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I've been the opposite. Normally, this is my "kill dead time at my office desk" game, but now that I'm home all day with my regular PC, I'm gaming there nonstop.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

ilifinicus posted:

haha I can't do that, I'm in the COVID-19 risk group that will die from an infection so there is ONLY THE GRIND as we are confined to our home

:same: But I'm also caring for my 78 y/o mother which eats a fair bit of time. Even so though, I just couldn't face grinding those, I spent most of my spare time last week playing graveyard keeper after I got it on sale.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Last three days of farming D-2 has produced a grand total of 0 gold gun blueprints. Two days before that only coughed up 3. So, yeah, with the work week starting back up I'm not wasting any more time on this and I'll let my oil build back up for the next event.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

just some numbers

Prior to the event, I had 1x 138.6mm gun and 9 blueprints
I have had 51 blueprint drops (36 from boss, 15 from sirens), totalling me up to 4x guns created from dropped blueprints and 2x from the two separate events' shops
I have through this gathered 74,640 event tokens, only doing SP enough to complete the mission and then never doing it, never doing 3x builds except for the first day.
98,909 oil has so far been spent throughout the event, this of course isn't separating it from regular runs of Hard 10-1 and daily missions, so that's like maybe 5k oil that wasn't put into the clearing of the event

that's somewhere between 1700-2000 oil per single blueprint drop. not the highest of chances.

note: it's is a *ridiculous* amount of runs. I have been running a 19 (oklahoma/nevada + cassin/downes) cost mobbing fleet and a 26 cost boss fleet (washington+reno) -- this means there's only 140 oil per run and 4 separate drop chances per 140 oil

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
San Diego gets her oath skin after tonight's maintenance.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dehry posted:

San Diego gets her oath skin after tonight's maintenance.

is this also adding her mic mission as well?

Catastrophe90
Apr 18, 2016

twistedmentat posted:

is this also adding her mic mission as well?

Yes

FDG, Minneapolis and Unicorn are also getting oath skins

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Catastrophe90 posted:

Yes

So long as they are something tasteful (particularly for Unicorn) rather than a frilly bridal thong and a smile.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
honestly i think all the bridal skins in the game except prinz eugen's are really good at that, and with prinz eugen it's at least appropriate

atago to some extent as well i suppose

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ratzap posted:

So long as they are something tasteful (particularly for Unicorn) rather than a frilly bridal thong and a smile.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You an idiot- what an incredibly sexist piece of trash anime game azur lane is, just look at Minneapolis wedding dress its basically lingerie

Me enlightened- *Nodding sagely* 16 flowers on her dress, representing the 16 battle stars she earned during her service in WW2

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ungulateman posted:

honestly i think all the bridal skins in the game except prinz eugen's are really good at that, and with prinz eugen it's at least appropriate

atago to some extent as well i suppose

yea, Eugen 100% wants everyone to know she fucks, and fucks a lot.

Catastrophe90 posted:

Yes

Excellent. She's been sitting in my dock ready to be refitted for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I like that we're getting new oath skins but goddammit I was hoping Formidable would get one