Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Prinz is ok, but way too oil hungry for what she brings. Her tankiness can be counterproductive as enemies can end up doing less damage just by dying faster.

Portland and eventually Mogami (Visitors Dyed in Red event) will get refits that make them vastly superior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
My tip for pvp is just ignore your rank and always hit the the team furthest to the right that you can defeat.

e: By herself QE is nothing special, but she is a battleship that can equip CL gun secondaries.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 24, 2018

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

RanKizama posted:

Is Bogue worth retrofitting? I think her baseball aesthetic is cute and I kind of want to make her work if possible.

She's ok, but definitely not high priority.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Nuebot posted:

Okay, I'll do this event thing and hoard from here on out. I spent a bunch and got one Super Rare ship 'cause I thought there was an event thing going on right now. Whoops. Guess I'll save up and keep doing. Is there any particular unit I should keep an eye out for, though? I've just finished the first like, area thing and I barely pulled through the third stage with two of my units at like 1% HP.

Don't worry too much about missing the girls from this event. They will all be added to the general construction pools in 3-6 months.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

DrManiac posted:

I want to get out of the Fox mines. I got super lucky when the game first came out and got like 4 kagas and haven’t had anything since.

You can also leave and come back later. They are powerful, but there's plenty of other combinations near as good.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Unfortunately Indy (and most heavy cruisers) drop off badly towards level 100 due to poor evasion. They don't come back until 110+ when they start getting decent evasion.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Michaellaneous posted:

Can you actually buy the Cleveland Party skin?

Only in Jp/Cn.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Now that I've started putting together an HMS fleet, its fun to do exercises against and watch Big-E+Foxes backlines melt under sustained 15" shelling from QE, Warspite, and Hood, while Balfast, Edinburgh, and Leander shred the enemy vanguard and laugh off damage with their smokescreens.

Warspite in particular is racking up crazy high damage scores and I can't figure out why. I didn't think her "shoots a salvo at the furthest enemy, which autocrits" was THAT good. But she's frequently doing over twice as much damage as the second highest scoring ship.

Britannia Rules the Waves. :britain:

Warspite's skill is also AP and does even more damage against the medium and heavy armour botes that make up the majority of pvp backlines.

She's far less effective in pve where light armor is much more common.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

MarcusSA posted:

Oh my god lol

So if shes my only SSR should I even be running her or just sideline her?

She's useful in world 12 and more generally when she gets her refit. (that only just came out in jp/cn)

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Yeah, there's is no way the hard maps for en will be level 95.

They will be similar in difficulty to the last event. A slight bump at the most.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Currently the D2 boss is bugged and partway through the fight will hide on the far right edge.

If you auto battle there's a good chance you will run out of time due to the boss being out of range.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Ratzap posted:

Did you buy coins or can you store that much?

You can if you save enough conpensation mails.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
There's no reward for clearing ex.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm gonna loving die before I manage to farm Deutschland aren't I

Deutschland did not drop while farming all those points in jp.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Any game mode that uses a map has the danger zone mechanic, but only the daily hard mode starts with the boss spawned already.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Chillyrabbit posted:

started playing ship girls now, initially was put off by how scantly clad the DD's were and assumed all ships would be like that but now that I actually have a fleet of crusiers, BB's, BC's and Carriers I'm okay with a little fan service.

What's the best way to level my guys up to their 70's so they are strong enough to do the event?

Use the free gems you get on upgrading the dorm (slots/2F, but not house coins) and put as many botes as your currently using in them as possible.

When a bote is happy and in the dorm they get an exp bonus from battles.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

postmodifier posted:

To be more precise, normal morale regeneration caps at 119 points, but placing ships in the dorm allows them to bypass this cap and go all the way up to 150 happiness. Boats with happiness above 119 get a 20% experience bonus, but they don't have to remain in the dorm to receive the bonus.

True, but they're not going to stay above 120 for long being out of dorm.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Also don't get more than 1 or 2 hood guns from the core shop.

It's one of the more common gold blueprints from research when the wows collab arrives.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Only restriction is a bote can't be in both Dorm and Classroom at the same time.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Saint Freak posted:

So the new building doesn't do anything until you are fielding a bunch of max level ships?

It becomes more useful when the level cap increases to 110 and you start fielding level 100+ botes that need to level up.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Don't worry, when subs are introduced you will get more random attempts at Akagi.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Ratzap posted:

Is that daily thing the only way to get mental chips for upgrades? 3 a day is going to take forever to get a fleet done.

Events will start giving some and the core data shop will eventually start selling 1000 per month.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
6 New PR botes have just been announced for jp/cn.

https://imgur.com/a/BMxuige

The original 6 should come out in en around the same time.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Ratzap posted:

AL says "Nope! Time to spend on Ink Stained Sakura". 10 new ships damnit, they sure are pumping things out fast to catch us up to the other two.
Does anyone have a breakdown on which of the new ones are must haves (if any)?

Nagato is one of the best ijn botes in the game.
Kawakaze is very good, but overshadowed by Ayanami & Yukikaze.

The rest are collection fodder.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

When something like that happens it's usually a desync between the client & AL server

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Yeah, just keep collecting rainbow torps. You can also get another BB gun too, but blueprints of that will appear from research when PR botes finally arrive.

Useful stuff that will be added in the future:

Armor Piercing Shell & Super Heavy Shell - both help BBs make bigger explosions
Improved Snorkel - subs stays underwater longer
Improved Storage Battery - increases hunting range of subs (now obsolete in jp/cn cos of sub Meowcifers)
TBM-3 Avenger - anti-sub plane
Aichi M6A Seiran - an actually good seaplane for BBVs
Mental Units - 350 cores for 1k monthly - possibly useful when the level 120 level limit is added and you tend to level up all the botes fast.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 2, 2019

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The 2 German Battlecruisers Scharnhorst & Gneisenau that were drop only in the other major German event also drop in this one.

Scharn drops in B1 & D1
Gneis drops in B2 & D2
Both drop in B3 & D3

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
You don't need lil sandy in your fleet to get points and just doing daily hard modes and event triples will give more than enough friends points to complete the event.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Next major event in En should be French Iris.

It has 3 backline ships, Jean Bart BB (huge damage in manual, still good auto), Massachusetts BB (titty Altera, anti-BB/CA niche), Dunkerque BC (yet another barrage bote).

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
There's also the option of clearing world 3 sub missions for them.

Might take a while, but they will eventually drop.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
It can be worth doing early on, especially if taking the time to farm useful early ships like Shohou & Arizona. But for event maps and later worlds you need to MLB to progress.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Main problem with Sandy is AA doesn't become a major issue until World 12. So she kinda sat around with nothing to do for a long time.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Kyte posted:

After Essex comes Taihou btw.

They should come in the same mini-event.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Dawgstar posted:

E: Finally, I'm free! Free of the fox mines!

Now you move onto the Poi mines.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Ratzap posted:

They added cats to the game? Ho yes, I'll have some cats thanks.

I bought 14 boxes after the tutorial and got 2 SSR - rather a lot better than the stated 5% so Yay me. A little surprised there's no paid option to speed up the training but whatever, kitties in 10h.

They aren't useful in all game areas though. Hard mode doesn't use them and dailies don't appear to either.

Cats should be usable in Hard mode.

There should be a tab on the right side to tap when selecting Hard mode teams.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 22, 2019

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Sandy retro costs 57k gold, 18 purple bp, 20 gold bp, 50 t3 aux plates, 60 t3 gun plates, 3 sandy/bulins, and sparkling microphone from a 7 day event reward.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Pasta event will probably start next thursday.

Ajax, York, Illustrious, and Warspite should gain increased ship experience from normal mode story stages after the update coming later today.

En patch notes haven't been released yet, but Cn and Jp are both getting it.

e: En patch notes just released confirming xp bonus.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 4, 2019

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Quinntan posted:

There are a few commons that get retrofits. Cassin, Downes and as far as I’m concerned Shiranui are absolutely worth retrofitting

Leander and Ranger want a word with you.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The later hard maps are also more likely to drop the T3 blueprints that can't be made by combining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

twistedmentat posted:

Oh cool, that will be useful.
I'm stuck at 7-4 being unable to completely clear the level, so I might as well go back to farming. But I cannot figure out where to farm. Googling just gives me Farming Fleets, but not levels to focus on. MIght as well, farm 1-1 to see if I can get Javelin to drop finally.

The best levels to farm are either maps that drop a bote you need or one with lots of secret (?) nodes for gold.

7-2 is one of the best maps in the game for general gold farming as it contains 4 secret nodes.

e: 6-1 is the first map to drop T3 plates, so try to avoid farming earlier than that unless for boat drops.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Oct 19, 2019