Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Just got home from the show. I had great seats and got to spend time with friends. It was cool to be so close to the ring. There was some decent wrestling, but nothing I'd rate above 3.5 stars (Ziggler/Rollins, New Day/Bludgeon Brothers, AJ/Joe until the gently caress finish). It was too long. The crowd was tired as gently caress. The only title change that felt like anyone cared was Rollins.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LividLiquid posted:

Did Brock's run eclipse Punk's? Because I remain convinced that's why he was signed to an extension after Wrestlemania and I want to see if I'm right.

Brock's run has passed Punk's yes. I'm sure petty vindictiveness played a part in keeping the title on him, but I think Brock re-signing had more to do with him being very smart about building interest in him from UFC at precisely the right moment to guarantee Vince would fork over another few million.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
One of these days, I will remember to watch Takeover after the main show, so I can end on some good pro wrestling.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Brock's run has passed Punk's yes. I'm sure petty vindictiveness played a part in keeping the title on him, but I think Brock re-signing had more to do with him being very smart about building interest in him from UFC at precisely the right moment to guarantee Vince would fork over another few million.

claiming brock lesnar is the world champion was also probably a nice negotiating chip for the tv rights deals.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

claiming brock lesnar is the world champion was also probably a nice negotiating chip for the tv rights deals.

Fox: Amazing, here's 400 million dollars a year!
Vince: Wow, and I hadn't even told you about my plan to have him say my company sucks and make the fans cheer at the thought of him going away yet!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

2000 SummerSlam is good if you want to see the company at the apex of its powers. Also: Shane falls off a thing, TLC I, and Rock/Trips/Angle is an amusing car crash. And for the morbid, Kurt gets a horrible concussion on a table pedigree spot, so you get to watch everyone including the ref and Stephanie tell him where to go for moves.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, by Extreme Rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Instead of Stone Cold Becky Lynch i hope we get Black Hart Becky Lynch.

• Locked thread