Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Recruiting for a play by forums of 1889. Looking for ONE player, some slots were already reserved on Discord. I wouldn't mind alternates, I will be aggressively replacing anyone who disappears (48+ hours with no post or heads-up)

Since there is only one slot, if there is a ton of interest, I will decide by lottery.

Seating order:
1.taser rates
2. CthulhuDreams
3. Fellis
4. SoftNum

Rulebook: https://secure.deepthoughtgames.com/games/1889/Rules.pdf
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dm3d9e281T77WV1RO_rbNtqVaxQegqgNw5-gcTfgvA0/edit?usp=sharing

Going to be playing on board18 so make an account at http://dev2.board18.org/board18Main.php if you don't have one.

Fellis fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Pretty keen for this - I have no idea what I am doing (my only 18xx experience is SR1 and 2 of the 1846 game also in this PBF forum), so I look forward to getting wrecked.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Pretty keen for this - I have no idea what I am doing (my only 18xx experience is SR1 and 2 of the 1846 game also in this PBF forum), so I look forward to getting wrecked.

Feel free to post any questions in the thread as you are reading the rules! There are a ton of little differences from 1846.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Some numbers was expressing interest in the other thread, but if he backs out I’m interested. Other than reading the rules and watching some videos I’m a newbie to 18xx.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I'd like to play too. Played 1x 1830 1x 1846 and 3x 18CZ

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
1862(The one coming from GMT) is the multi-share dumping game, where you can literally dump any company into receivership, imo. Thread title misleading.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

i spent a whole fifteen minutes on that image ill have you know

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

I'm down to play too, or hang out as an alternate. Same name in discord.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I sent a PM to Some Numbers to see if they still want in, will :rolldice: for who gets in tonight

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Ok Some Numbers got back to me with a negative so lemme load up ye olde d3:

Looks like SoftNum is the winner!

Everyone please give me your Board18 if its not your SA username, and request access to the google sheet linked in the OP. There is a tab for the private auction there. Seating order will be...

Taser Rates
CthulhuDreams
Fellis
SoftNum

So Taser Rates is up first for the private auction. Please write bids here also.

If you are new to 1889, please ask questions!

E: random.org screenshots won’t upload from my phone right now :geno:

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Board18 name is agrajag.

I'll bid 85 on the F private.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Board18 created, eww its carthaginian design. Hopefully whatever designer who got linked in boardgame general awhile back does a better job

E: we are not playing with beginner extras or any other weird stuff

Fellis fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 20, 2018

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

taser rates posted:

Board18 name is agrajag.

I'll bid 85 on the F private.

Edit: I need to read the rules again apparently

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 20, 2018

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

I bid 65 on Private E.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

$35 on B

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

$45 on C

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
55 on D

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

My understanding of the rules is if I now buy A for 20, the auctions cascade and everything except the ferry sells?

Assuming that's not a game breaking mistake that's throwing the game to taser, I will do that.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I don’t think I’m completely happy with it, but ok! I don’t think you are throwing the game to taser, but he is certainly in a strong position

CuthulhuDreams buys private A for $20! Auction cascades!
Fellis gets B for $35
Softnum gets C for $45
Taser rates gets D for $55
CuthulhuDreams gets E for $65
Taser rates gets F for $85

Uno-Takamatsu Ferry is up for sale!

Pass

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Pass

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Pass

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

I'll buy the stupid ferry.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

He buys the stupid ferry! gently caress you boats, this is a train game!

Buy president’s share of Tosa Electric Rail, par at 75

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Buy pres share of Uwajima, par $75

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Buy a share of Tosaden

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Buy a share of Tosaden

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I’m going to autoresolve myself and Softnum to autoflipping shares till we hit 50%, so Taser and CD lemme know what y’all want to do if anything in the 3 rounds before that, or just wait till we float.

Softnum: lemme know if you want to not do that (if someone invests in you before 50% float)

E:freakin snipers jeez

Fellis fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Aug 21, 2018

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I buy a share of TR, TR floats at 50%, $750 to the treasury.

Softnum buys a share of UR, 30% held

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Buy more Tosa

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Buy a share of UR

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I buy TR

Softnum buys UR, floats at 50%, $750 to treasury

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

I'll buy UR. SHould be out now.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Before that,

tr buys TR

I buy TR,

Everyone passes, SR1 complete. Priority Deal goes to taser rates

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

TR ($750):

Lays G12 smooth curve doink, free

No trains to run, share price moves left

Buys three 2T for $240 ($510)

UR (softnum) is next

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Lay G2 Straight (Free)
Token Ozu ($40)
Buy 2 2-Trains ($160)

-$200 Tres should be $550

Stock Go back 1.

Done

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

SR 2 starts, Taser Rates priority

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Buy Tosa for 75

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

I buy UR.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

All players pass, end of SR 2.

Tosa is first to operate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Tosa ($510 starting)

Lay straight city piece at H13: Nahari
Lay token at Nahari for $40 ($470)

Run Koichi to town for 40
Run Nahari to town for 30
Run Nahari to Muroto for 40

$110 revenue, Pay out full dividends, $11 per share.

Buy 2 train for 80 ($390)

Fellis fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 22, 2018

• Locked thread