Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Recruiting for a play by forums of 1889. Looking for ONE player, some slots were already reserved on Discord. I wouldn't mind alternates, I will be aggressively replacing anyone who disappears (48+ hours with no post or heads-up)

Since there is only one slot, if there is a ton of interest, I will decide by lottery.

Seating order:
1.taser rates
2. CthulhuDreams
3. Fellis
4. SoftNum

Rulebook: https://secure.deepthoughtgames.com/games/1889/Rules.pdf
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dm3d9e281T77WV1RO_rbNtqVaxQegqgNw5-gcTfgvA0/edit?usp=sharing

Going to be playing on board18 so make an account at http://dev2.board18.org/board18Main.php if you don't have one.

Fellis fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Pretty keen for this - I have no idea what I am doing (my only 18xx experience is SR1 and 2 of the 1846 game also in this PBF forum), so I look forward to getting wrecked.

Feel free to post any questions in the thread as you are reading the rules! There are a ton of little differences from 1846.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

i spent a whole fifteen minutes on that image ill have you know

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I sent a PM to Some Numbers to see if they still want in, will :rolldice: for who gets in tonight

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Ok Some Numbers got back to me with a negative so lemme load up ye olde d3:

Looks like SoftNum is the winner!

Everyone please give me your Board18 if its not your SA username, and request access to the google sheet linked in the OP. There is a tab for the private auction there. Seating order will be...

Taser Rates
CthulhuDreams
Fellis
SoftNum

So Taser Rates is up first for the private auction. Please write bids here also.

If you are new to 1889, please ask questions!

E: random.org screenshots won’t upload from my phone right now :geno:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Board18 created, eww its carthaginian design. Hopefully whatever designer who got linked in boardgame general awhile back does a better job

E: we are not playing with beginner extras or any other weird stuff

Fellis fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 20, 2018

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

$35 on B

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I don’t think I’m completely happy with it, but ok! I don’t think you are throwing the game to taser, but he is certainly in a strong position

CuthulhuDreams buys private A for $20! Auction cascades!
Fellis gets B for $35
Softnum gets C for $45
Taser rates gets D for $55
CuthulhuDreams gets E for $65
Taser rates gets F for $85

Uno-Takamatsu Ferry is up for sale!

Pass

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

He buys the stupid ferry! gently caress you boats, this is a train game!

Buy president’s share of Tosa Electric Rail, par at 75

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I’m going to autoresolve myself and Softnum to autoflipping shares till we hit 50%, so Taser and CD lemme know what y’all want to do if anything in the 3 rounds before that, or just wait till we float.

Softnum: lemme know if you want to not do that (if someone invests in you before 50% float)

E:freakin snipers jeez

Fellis fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Aug 21, 2018

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I buy a share of TR, TR floats at 50%, $750 to the treasury.

Softnum buys a share of UR, 30% held

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I buy TR

Softnum buys UR, floats at 50%, $750 to treasury

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Before that,

tr buys TR

I buy TR,

Everyone passes, SR1 complete. Priority Deal goes to taser rates

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

TR ($750):

Lays G12 smooth curve doink, free

No trains to run, share price moves left

Buys three 2T for $240 ($510)

UR (softnum) is next

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

SR 2 starts, Taser Rates priority

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

All players pass, end of SR 2.

Tosa is first to operate

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Tosa ($510 starting)

Lay straight city piece at H13: Nahari
Lay token at Nahari for $40 ($470)

Run Koichi to town for 40
Run Nahari to town for 30
Run Nahari to Muroto for 40

$110 revenue, Pay out full dividends, $11 per share.

Buy 2 train for 80 ($390)

Fellis fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 22, 2018

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

SR3 starts, I'm priority

Sell 5 shares of Tosaden for $400, taser rates is the new president.

Buy Awa Railroad pres share for $180, par at $90

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Flip to 30%

Autoresolve to continue flipping till 50%, but pretty sure nobody else is buying awa this turn

Fellis fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 22, 2018

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Looking at the sheet, everyone is out of cash except softnum who has $75. Do you want to buy a share of TR out of market for 55?

If so we can just autoresolve unless anyone else has anything to do. I keep flipping and Softnum gets priority. UR floats up to $80.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

AR ($900)

As a player I determine that Mitsubishi port is located at Komatsujima, and place the gentle curve port tile at E16

Build straight city tile at D17, exits NE and SW

No route, share price moves left to $80

Buy two 3 Trains for $360

Buy Mitsubishi port private for $60

End with $480 in treasury

UR is up

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

upgrade tokushima, run for 11, pay out, share price moves right to 90

Fellis fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 23, 2018

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

SR *4* starts, sheet updated. Softnum has priority

Hooly poo poo that’s a lot of liquid capital

Fellis fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 23, 2018

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Pass

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kotoden floats!

Buy AR

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Pass

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Sounds like the end of SR4! I’ll do sheet updates later.

OR4.1 starts with AR I think? I’ll do it in a few hours

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

taser rates posted:

It should start with the UR since it floats to 100 for being fully held.

This is correct, sheet is updated. UR (Softnum) is up!

Cthulhu Dreams, would you be willing to sell Private A to the AR for $25?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

AR

Lays gentle city (Anan) at F17

Run:
tokushima-offboard for 50
Tokushima-port-anan for 80

Pay out $13 per share
Move right to 100

Lays straight across the river to Takumatsu for $80

Run
tokushima-offboard for 50
Takumatsu - tokushima - port for 90

pay out $14 per share

Buys in Private A for $25 from CD

Taser Rates’s Train Rush is next, KO-SR-TR

Fellis fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 28, 2018

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

AR

Upgrade Takumatsu

Run offboard-takumatsu-tokushima for 110
run port-tokushima-offboard for 100

pay 21 per share, move right to 110

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

SR5 starts, CD has priority

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Sell 3 shares of AR, start IR at 100

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

we were all active in discord and did some ofthe SR there

CD flips KU
Fellis flips IR
Softnum buys TR
Taser buys TR
CD buys TR'
Fellis buys KU
Softnum passes
Taser buys TR
CD flips KU, KU floats!
Fellis buys KU, sells 2 KU
Softnum/Taser pass
CD buys KU from market
Fellis flips IR
Softnum buys IR, IR floats!

Taser is autopassing unless someone does something sugoi

CthuhluDreams is up!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Buy SR

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Pass

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

SoftNum posted:

sell IR, buy KU.

THis should put me at 2 shares of KU? I think.

Do you mean sell KO? If you are trying to hurt KU so IR buys the 5Ts, then selling IR isn’t as good

Other than that, Sheet is updated, taser is up

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Pass

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Can someone update the spreadsheet? I think Softnum should be sold out of KU? I think I buy another share of IR from the IPO.

Done.

I pass

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

OH poo poo ITS OR 5.1! sheet updated! I should have bought more IR! gently caress!

Order of operations:
UR (softnum)
IR (fellis)
SR (taser rates)
AR (fellis)
KO (taser rates)
KU (cthulhu dreams)
TR (taser rates)

Fellis is priority deal for SR 6

Fellis fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

IR

lays home tile

no trains, falls back to 90

buys 5 from bank for 450, 3 from AR for 549

Fellis fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 6, 2018

• Locked thread