Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Summerslam?
This poll is closed.
Great show! 5 3.52%
Eh, it was okay. 25 17.61%
Terrible show. 20 14.08%
The show never ended. The show has always been. The show is forever :stare: 47 33.10%
THE BIG DOG! 45 31.69%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I didn't realize it until someone said it in the thread, but the "Tease a Braun cash in" really was 100% done to prevent the crowd from walking out and I mean, god drat man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I'm watching that now and it's loving me up thinking about how long I've been watching joe. I remember seeing him live at lovely venues in like 2005.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

also lol at how much of a weak punk KO was made into tonight, holy loving poo poo man

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

GrimGypsy posted:

also lol at how much of a weak punk KO was made into tonight, holy loving poo poo man

If they weren't fully committed to KO being a jobber, he would have been the one destroying Braun and leaving him for dead and running off with the briefcase instead of Brock.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So all that Heyman stuff just wound up going nowhere.

We're never gonna find out what he said to Roman, are we?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Damnit I was really enjoying joe vs AJ until it ended in disqualification.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
i really need to stop watching takeover the same day as the main show.

takeovers gently caress with my expectations too much

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I was talking to a friend and joking about how I was going to take a nap through the boring parts of Summerslam this year. I ended up falling asleep during Ziggler/Rollins and never woke back up until the show was long over :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Had to wait until my kids were in bed to start watching it and :lol: at Ronda's makeup and :lol: at how lovely the main was

e: also the big dog statue that was lowered for Roman's entrance, loving lol

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Why does the person/people in WWE's makeup department have gainful employment? They ain't very good at their job.

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Intruder posted:

e: also the big dog statue that was lowered for Roman's entrance, loving lol

Even more loving lol when you realize it is CG.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Origin posted:

Even more loving lol when you realize it is CG.

Ok that's even funnier. Watched it on my laptop and didn't notice

dsriggs posted:

Why does the person/people in WWE's makeup department have gainful employment? They ain't very good at their job.

Finn?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I think Finn brings in his own paint guy doesnt he

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Finn takes his shirt off and says,"Who wants to put paint on this?" and like 70 of the world's top artists come running.

Somewhere in Florence, Michelangelo's hand smashes out of his tomb.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Finn is good

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Tweak posted:

I think Finn brings in his own paint guy doesnt he

I think he hired someone out of Full Sail.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

romand rains

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Oh god I didn't even notice the sign read ROMAND RAINS until the third time I saw that

edit: why does romand rains look like a homeless serial killer

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

VJeff posted:

So all that Heyman stuff just wound up going nowhere.

We're never gonna find out what he said to Roman, are we?

he told roman what was in the lockbox

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Romrai and ns

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Doc M posted:

Oh god I didn't even notice the sign read ROMAND RAINS until the third time I saw that

edit: why does romand rains look like a homeless serial killer

because it's making fun of him

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's what roman looks like in hotline miami 3

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I’m already cringing at the thought of all the reviewers and youtubers who will poo poo on the Finn match cause “THEY WASTED THE DEMON!” I don’t want the catalyst for every Finn demon appearance being him getting his rear end kicked multiple pay per views. Baron lost to him clean at extreme rules and didn’t want to leave him the gently caress alone so him getting his comeuppance is hilarious.

Also you gotta admire their restraint by not spoiling or hinting the demon. WWE with restraint is unicorn levels of rare. I don’t even see it as a waste, you get a quick peak at the demon without it being saved for some final boss and it’s mystique is restored a bit.

You know, for a super powerup form the demon hasn’t had many squash matches.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
It’s just nice the wwe had a surprise for once. Not a swerve or a twist or trying to outsmart the audience, just a quick happy unexpected present.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Excellent statement, Shelton

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
We are now living in the era of the Big Dog.

Act accordingly.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Made the donation to Red Cross, will post screenshot of it tomorrow. I skipped a little bit but did Finn/Corbin seriously get cut for time?

All in all good show I thought. Was SO glad to hear "YOU BOTH SUCK" chants. Our long national nightmare is over. Really confused about Braun though, because that was the faciest promo of his career and didn't Dave report they were eyeing either a turn for Braun or Roman?

Wait it didn't get cut? I just missed it ? Where was it?

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Aug 20, 2018

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Watching back through SS and yeah, the Demon was used pretty well. It's probably only going to work this time but "Okay cut this poo poo out, I'm going Demon Finn on you now to make a statement now leave me the gently caress alone" made a good moment for Finn. Corbin isn't even hurt that bad since he's still Stephanie's right hand atm and can just keep doing whatever while Finn moves on

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Made the donation to Red Cross, will post screenshot of it tomorrow. I skipped a little bit but did Finn/Corbin seriously get cut for time?

All in all good show I thought. Was SO glad to hear "YOU BOTH SUCK" chants. Our long national nightmare is over. Really confused about Braun though, because that was the faciest promo of his career and didn't Dave report they were eyeing either a turn for Braun or Roman?
Only give blood to the red cross, they're a scam otherwise.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Three years and that's how Roman finally beats Brock, off a Braun distraction and one of the announcers is even selling it as him taking advantage of the situation :lol:

Even more frightening, Roman vs Brock at WrestleMania was in 2014, over four years ago. (editor's note: Nope I'm off my rocker, was 2015)

Also, everything about everything doesn't make any dang sense. But there were some decent parts of that PPV, I liked the Rhonda match. I actually thought The Miz match when teased so long ago might be something like that, since it'd seem Daniel Bryan would be able to beat The Miz at least as handily as he did Triple H. According to the power level charts I have in front of my here anyway.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Psychepath posted:

If they weren't fully committed to KO being a jobber, he would have been the one destroying Braun and leaving him for dead and running off with the briefcase instead of Brock.

Unless that involved Owens cheating massively that would have just done damage to Braun though, as they've built Braun up very clearly as someone you can't beat in a 1v1 scenario legitimately

Also while I still enjoyed it, the new season of WWE Storytime is off to a somewhat weird start, Mean Gene sounded like he had swallowed a bunch of Bees, and Christian's story was kinda bad outside of the running gag with Kane's pyro and the part where Christian's arm gets torn off and he gets beaten with it, was neat to hear about the time Michael Cole accidentally started saying poo poo about Vince without realizing his mic was on

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

Only give blood to the red cross, they're a scam otherwise.

I toxxed on it, also I can't give blood, also gently caress off for going out of your way to bitch about a donation to charity. Christ, some of you people....

I went back and watched it. I love that the reason I missed it is because Demon Finn utterly squashed him. :)

I am unironically glad Roman is champion. Would I prefer several other guys? Yes. But Roman is such a better option than Brock.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Aug 20, 2018

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Would I be more open to this Roman reign if WWE gave me a 50% discount at The Outback Steakhouse? It'd be a start, sure. You think The Shield payed full price at any steakhouse, those renegades? I think not.

That said, indeed, at least in some way, it's good that something is going in the direction of somewhere. And why am I hungry at 4 AM, I had a complete cookie, the only cookie with the complete cookie protein, didn't do it.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Aug 20, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Balor/Corbin match really was great. It helped that Corbin sold the gently caress out of it, both in terms of completely freaking out and just completely bumping his rear end off for EVERYTHING that Balor did in-ring.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also even though there were some bad finishes the action was pretty good across the board I thought. And in some cases better than good. I'm pretty sure the point of the SD Tag and AJ/Joe finishes was for HIAC next month and boy howdy I am here for both of those matches.

And I'm sorry but the KO squash was a necessary evil all context considered.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I toxxed on it, also I can't give blood, also gently caress off for going out of your way to bitch about a donation to charity. Christ, some of you people....

I went back and watched it. I love that the reason I missed it is because Demon Finn utterly squashed him. :)

I am unironically glad Roman is champion. Would I prefer several other guys? Yes. But Roman is such a better option than Brock.
I guess it's within character for you to give to a morally corrupt, exploitive company

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

I guess it's within character for you to give to a morally corrupt, exploitive company

Go gently caress yourself you insufferable, sanctimonious twat.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Donate to a good cause that goes to real people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Everything I've heard is the Red Cross is like Susan Komen except they happen to do a little good unlike Komen since there's the blood wing of it.

• Locked thread