Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Summerslam?
This poll is closed.
Great show! 5 3.52%
Eh, it was okay. 25 17.61%
Terrible show. 20 14.08%
The show never ended. The show has always been. The show is forever :stare: 47 33.10%
THE BIG DOG! 45 31.69%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

Donate to a good cause that goes to real people

Maybe I do. All the time. With my time and energy and every fiber of my being way more often than is probably good for my health. You ever think about that? Probably not because you're too busy falling over yourself to be a dickbag.

Anyway SummerSlam was overall good. I'm going to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Shima Honnou posted:

Everything I've heard is the Red Cross is like Susan Komen except they happen to do a little good unlike Komen since there's the blood wing of it.
They get billions in donations and their management gets rich but there's nothing they can do with blood other than donate it to people who need it. They're way passed the need to get donations to "help out" because they're also tax free. Donate blood, they give the blood, they donate money for PR.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Maybe I do. All the time. With my time and energy and every fiber of my being way more often than is probably good for my health. You ever think about that? Probably not because you're too busy falling over yourself to be a dickbag.

Anyway SummerSlam was overall good. I'm going to bed.
You need anti anxiety medication or something. You're going to have multiple heart attacks five years from now over stress every time someone says something negative about something you like

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

You need anti anxiety medication or something. You're going to have multiple heart attacks five years from now over stress every time someone says something negative about something you like
i mean maybe but otoh you’re being a total dickwad about it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

i mean maybe but otoh you’re being a total dickwad about it
I'm just being blunt, these forums have too much ironic sarcasm.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

I'm not mad about that. I'm mad because you seem to go out of your way to be a dick to me pretty often and if you read my posts in the off topic thread you'd probably understand why sanctimony from jerks on the internet gets under my skin.

I literally couldn't give a gently caress less what you thought about SummerSlam. Admittedly I get annoyed about "WATCH NJPW" type posts from people but other than that I don't care. I got mad because YOU went out of your way to bitch about a 10 dollar toxx to charity. I didn't ultimately select the Red Cross, VJeff did. But either way it shouldn't matter. Getting all smug and outraged about a charity donation is pretty absurd.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

I'm just being blunt, these forums have too much ironic sarcasm.
:thunk:

RealFoxy posted:

I guess it's within character for you to give to a morally corrupt, exploitive company
:thunk::thunk::thunk:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm not mad about that. I'm mad because you seem to go out of your way to be a dick to me pretty often and if you read my posts in the off topic thread you'd probably understand why sanctimony from jerks on the internet gets under my skin.

I literally couldn't give a gently caress less what you thought about SummerSlam. Admittedly I get annoyed about "WATCH NJPW" type posts from people but other than that I don't care. I got mad because YOU went out of your way to bitch about a 10 dollar toxx to charity. I didn't ultimately select the Red Cross, VJeff did. But either way it shouldn't matter. Getting all smug and outraged about a charity donation is pretty absurd.
I want to remind you that I still have avatars off and barely pay attention to usernames so I literally only know its you when you start to rage

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Give a minimum 2.5% of your total wealth yearly to charity as per God's law.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Shima Honnou posted:

Give to inner-city kids in America, the local homeless shelter/children's hospital/Soup Kitchens, or the third-world charities that give physical things like clothing, technoloy or food to the ones who need it. I've done accounting for bigger charities before and almost all of them are a scam.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
I'm touched at all the folks in both the PPV and Discussion thread doing their part, by saying perpetually dumber stuff to take the heat off Meltzer. Much like Meltzer did for Randy and Randy did for Hogan.

How about the Becky heel turn? I hope she keeps the Horizon Zero Dawn look.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Shima Honnou posted:

I donate my time and stopped subscribing to the Network, how does He view that?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

CobiWann posted:

I'm too tired to do math but active WWE subscribers are probably around 5% of WWE's wealth overall considering what Fox, USA Network, and Saudi Arabia are paying Vince to do basically nothing

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

RealFoxy posted:

I want to remind you that I still have avatars off and barely pay attention to usernames so I literally only know its you when you start to rage

Nobody gives a poo poo about your settings, dude.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Becky should be a face but I quite enjoyed her beating the poo poo out of Charlotte to a huge face pop. If WWE had any clue they'd turn Charlotte heel. It honestly wouldn't take much to pivot. The commentary already did part of the work there.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
IMO the real Foxy is Alicia.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

corbin is probably roman's first big feud as champ.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I feel like Becky is in such a weird space right now where she doesn't have the stink of being an indy darling, even though she was a big deal back in the day, but management (Dunn) doesn't like her look or accent so she's getting the boot either way. Charolette is the only of the 4 WWE Horsewomen that are getting attention and I think it's entirely nepotism. She's an outstanding athlete that almost has the total package but I don't feel like she's any better than Becky, Sasha, or Bayley.

Charolette ended up being too early for the NXT boon, so all we're seeing is the standard WWE match from her whereas we're all aware that Becky, Sasha, and Bayley can put on a match of the night if given the opportunity. I remember back in FCW that seeing Charolette vs Eddie's daughter being one of the worst matches of that entire year.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STONE COLD 64 posted:

corbin is probably roman's first big feud as champ.

I'm gonna say it. Corbin and Roman would probably put on a better overall match than Brock has in a straight up traditional singles than Brock has in multiple years.

WWE literally does more smoke and mirrors with Brock than with Braun at this point. For different reasons sure, but the fact remains.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Shima Honnou posted:

IMO the real Foxy is Alicia.

No argument here

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm gonna say it. Corbin and Roman would probably put on a better overall match than Brock has in a straight up traditional singles than Brock has in multiple years.

WWE literally does more smoke and mirrors with Brock than with Braun at this point. For different reasons sure, but the fact remains.

wwe would probably agent the match to lots of nerve holds and headlocks until roman can get his finishing sequence going. when vince is lacking in confidence in a star to carry himself, he always resorts to just throwing him at a big guy and doing his David vs Goliath match.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i browse the forum in plaintext. Who are you?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

stone cold 64

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
how dare FoxyLady have the audacity to tell someone they gave their money to charlatans and also browse the forums with no avatars. how do you even keep track of anyone without avatars on. i only identify people by their avatar

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

CobiWann posted:

He’s been under Vince’s control since he jobbed to him. Why else would Vince and the wwe succeed when by anything fair and just they should fail.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Remember when they built the F5 up for a full year as a one-shot killer, and then Roman kicked out of like 5 of them and lost anyway? It would have been way better if he’d lost to 1 at Mania and then kicked out here on his way to actually winning, just imo

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
do you guys remember how Braun Strowman promised he would cash in, and then Roman Reigns won the match with one spear, after spearing Brock multiple times in every match they've been in and it never working, and then the little graphic appeared on the corner of the screen, and then the show ended?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

All I will remember from summerslam is the big dog standing tall

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Demon Finn is good
Demon Finn entrance is good
Michael Cole and Coach “OH MYYYYY”ing all over Demon Finn entrance is bad

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Baron Corbin posted:

how dare FoxyLady have the audacity to tell someone they gave their money to charlatans and also browse the forums with no avatars. how do you even keep track of anyone without avatars on. i only identify people by their avatar

i browse with no avs

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i browse with no avs

this is like when someone tells you they don't like music

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Everybody so worried about Becky and Charlotte that no one is thinking about how Carmella feels :(

Most dominant smackdown women’s title reign of all time and she didn’t even get pinned for her belt. Poor thing

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Let's all start posting our avatars in our posts so that everyone sees them

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahaha it looks like Ovechkin

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

I feel like Becky is in such a weird space right now where she doesn't have the stink of being an indy darling, even though she was a big deal back in the day, but management (Dunn) doesn't like her look or accent so she's getting the boot either way. Charolette is the only of the 4 WWE Horsewomen that are getting attention and I think it's entirely nepotism. She's an outstanding athlete that almost has the total package but I don't feel like she's any better than Becky, Sasha, or Bayley.

Charolette ended up being too early for the NXT boon, so all we're seeing is the standard WWE match from her whereas we're all aware that Becky, Sasha, and Bayley can put on a match of the night if given the opportunity. I remember back in FCW that seeing Charolette vs Eddie's daughter being one of the worst matches of that entire year.

I said this in the Summerslam thread as well, but I'm like 99% sure they're gonna give Becky the belt at Evolution because it's an easy crowd pleaser and they want the thing to be a success.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I'm like 99% sure they're gonna give Becky the belt at Evolution because it's an easy crowd pleaser and they want the thing to be a success.
yeah, about that...

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Doc M posted:

yeah, about that...

Please go on

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

For some reason, I just get the idea that pleasing the crowd is not very high on WWE's agenda these days. :v:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Well for one, I think the organization that clearly put out Strowman as a misdirect last night is a little more self-aware than we tend to give them credit for. And two, I'm way way too cynical to think Evolution will be anything other than pandering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Can they use some of that Fox money to bring pyro back? Those CG graphics the "project" are awful.

• Locked thread