Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Summerslam?
This poll is closed.
Great show! 5 3.52%
Eh, it was okay. 25 17.61%
Terrible show. 20 14.08%
The show never ended. The show has always been. The show is forever :stare: 47 33.10%
THE BIG DOG! 45 31.69%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Charlotte is rear end and she has the WWE to blame for me feeling this way about her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Becky moment was really cool and a smart company would capitalize on it but WWE is just going to have her come out on Tuesday and poo poo all over the fans because they're dumb enough to think her pops will then transfer over to Charlotte, when in reality it will just make nobody care at all about the match.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Shinjobi posted:

Charlotte is rear end and she has the WWE to blame for me feeling this way about her

She needs an acting coach or a mouthpiece like Paul. Being Flair's daughter and not inheriting any of his charisma or promo ability is just a cruel joke of nature.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Charlotte is good as hell

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
Charlotte is ok

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Chris James 2 posted:

Ties with Trish's 7 reigns. One more and Charlotte's won the belt more times than any woman in the company's ever won a belt

Make her break the record with a US title win for maximum hashtags

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
charlotte, while not bad, comes nowhere near the power of roman reigns

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hammerstein posted:

I wanted a close-up of that:

They also misspelled his name.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Davros1 posted:

They also misspelled his name.

ROMRAI ANDNS

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Braun: IM NOT A COWARD.... SO ILL WAIT UNTIL ONE OF YOU IS EXHAUSTED TO CASH IN.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hammerstein posted:

She needs an acting coach or a mouthpiece like Paul. Being Flair's daughter and not inheriting any of his charisma or promo ability is just a cruel joke of nature.

I guess that stuff is nurture, not nature.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
in back to back years the Wrestling Observer Rookie of the Year is going to be an ex-MMA fighter

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Triple H: *books Gargano to lose to himself*
Vince: hold my beer

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

It became almost comedic how Sasha would lose on PPV, then win the title on Raw, then lose it at the next PPV.

The Sasha wins on RAW were bonkers; I still love that "Bank Statement on the railing in the crowd" spot.

Then the Charlotte PPV wins were.........eh, just OK. Even with the stipulations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Charlotte is good but WWE thinking sneaking her way into Becky's title match and literally stealing her win, leading to the crowd chanting "you deserve it" as Becky kicks her rear end afterword think's that's a way to keep her keeping any crowd sympathy is just another strike on the "these sociopaths don't understand how actual people think and what they like" card

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Of course Becky's the bad guy. Her parents aren't famous, she's not blonde, and worst of all she had the audacity to be foreign

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Becky is the best thing the women's division even has right now. Should be Asuka, but eh....we've discussed that to death.

Becky is just a damned good face and her wrestling holds up.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
When becky and charlotte embraced before the heel turn they had like 2 full length conversations

"Omg we're really going through with this?"

'Yeah I know... loving road dogg'

I'm trying to imagine a heel version of Becky's theme song and I got nothing

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Becky turning heel was kickass and I'm really enjoying living in the moment before they do something stupid with it

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blaise330 posted:

We live in a timeline where the best wrestlemania match had stephanie and a woman who trained to wrestle for 2 months and the best summerslam match had baron corbin in it. 2018 is wild.

Uhh, IC title?

loving INVERTED SUPERPLEX.

Also I'll go to bat for both of the DQ finishes given HIAC is next month. The only finish that I thought was irredeemable was Bryan/Miz (at least it wasn't clean? Sigh...)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Too much of that IC match was headlocks to be good.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Uhh, IC title?

loving INVERTED SUPERPLEX.

Also I'll go to bat for both of the DQ finishes given HIAC is next month. The only finish that I thought was irredeemable was Bryan/Miz (at least it wasn't clean? Sigh...)

Oh good, I watched a poo poo PPV but NEXT TIME there might be better results? gently caress. That. Who cares about this garbage, really

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Too much of that IC match was headlocks to be good.

I'll give you that it was too stretched out but the peaks were fantastic.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I remember Charlotte/Auska being really good, only hosed up in hindsight thanks to The Carmella Experiment

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer this morning said it wasn't a heel turn and WWE saw the reaction coming.

Makes sense given the sensitive to Becky TV build heading into the match.

And what seemed to be temporary cancellation of Bayley and Sasha breaking up.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Maybe Becky will be like Rusev:

Adorable, cool, good in ring and on mic, loved by audiences, but booked as heel because they are foreign and not thin and blonde, (or tall and muscly) enough to give Vince a boner.

Also, how long will Roman hold the belt? I could easily see BRAUN cashing in soon, and having Roman play the role of plucky underdog chasing the big scary meanie heel monster champ. But I can just as easily see Roman being the Big Dog that Vince has wanted him to be, and murdering a series of contenders thrown at him for an ungodly amount of time.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Blaise330 posted:

They're going to give her the Neville treatment and play her current theme at like 1/3 speed

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

rovert posted:

Meltzer this morning said it wasn't a heel turn and WWE saw the reaction coming.

Makes sense given the sensitive to Becky TV build heading into the match.

And what seemed to be temporary cancellation of Bayley and Sasha breaking up.

Then whyyyyy not give her the titleeeeeeeee

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

She can use Ciampa's

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

BrigadierSensible posted:

Maybe Becky will be like Rusev:

Adorable, cool, good in ring and on mic, loved by audiences, but booked as heel because they are foreign and not thin and blonde, (or tall and muscly) enough to give Vince a boner.

Imagine looking at Becky and/or Rusev and not getting a boner. What a mad man.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

Evolution!!!! I'm dumb as rocks for sure but that's gotta be what they're doing. I think they expect they can stretch the anticipation out forever and it will just build and build.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

They think it'll be a bigger deal having her beat Charlotte for it, and Charlotte was never taking the losing fall last night

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alan_Shore posted:

Oh good, I watched a poo poo PPV but NEXT TIME there might be better results? gently caress. That. Who cares about this garbage, really

I mean , I care a little bit but not a super degree for the most part, it's just that my not caring is more "Oh cool I get to see this fun program continue. :)" and not "gently caress THIS poo poo" because generally that's the lens through which I try to view a fun but inherently silly form of entertainment like wrestling.

The only thing in WWE I was genuinely fed up with was Brock as champ and it's FINALLY OVER.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Well as long as it isn't a heel turn this all makes more sense

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Well as long as it isn't a heel turn this all makes more sense

I will say that the fact that commentary was immediately sympathetic made me wonder.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I look forward to Becky's "YOU PEOPLE" promo tomorrow night

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
it'd be really funny if roman came out and announced he was taking a vacation and hosed off until the next ppv

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

uncurable mlady posted:

it'd be really funny if roman came out and announced he was taking a vacation and hosed off until the next ppv

I'd rather have a champion that never shows than one I just don't care about.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Cage Kicker posted:

They're going to give her the Neville treatment and play her current theme at like 1/3 speed

~whooooooaaa oooooaaaa oooooaaaa ooooooaaa ooooooaaaa -_-~

Alan_Shore posted:

Gotta eat your veggies before you have dessert. Although sometimes WWE forgets you're at the dinner table and just shuts off the lights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

bradzilla posted:

I look forward to Becky's "YOU PEOPLE" promo tomorrow night

I'm excited to finally have a heel gimmick based around quinoa

• Locked thread