Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:siren: Ace Combat 7 has a release date :siren:

Gonna be puking like hell over my PSVR from January 18th 2019.

2019!? :negative:

In the meantime let’s reminisce about epic moments had with our good pals Solo Wing Pixy and the Sand Island Squadron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I am very excited about this game and am considering getting VR for it but will probably be dissuaded by the fact that I would never use it for anything else

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
rear end Combat 7

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

rear end Combat 7

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This looks sick, but I've never played any of the older games. Is there a Vox lore explainer?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

rear end Combat 7

I won’t splatter your asses with my heartless seed.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
That's tight but it's also like over $100 and I can't imagine any other games you could use it with lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK2QrQbpAN4

this guy rules

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I want his logo as my av

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wish Ace Combat 6 was Xbox One backwards compatible

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

julian assflange posted:

Wish Ace Combat 6 was Xbox One backwards compatible

:prays:

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

The Twisty Hand flight stick

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

elf help book posted:

rear end Combat 7

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ace Combat ftw. My favorite is 0 but this could be king of the mountain

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
5 is my favorite

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Despite being a half finished mess I really enjoyed 3 back in the day. The part where you go into that underground city or whatever blew my mind.

I also pray for a 4K backwards compatible 6 cause it still looks quite good.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

my morning jackass posted:

I also pray for a 4K backwards compatible 6 cause it still looks quite good.

Apparently this is quite unlikely as some guy said it had been removed from the Xbox 360 store and that bodes poorly for future backwards compatible games :smith:

Not sure why the PS2 games never appeared in the PS3 or PS4.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

They're apparently a bit fucky to emulate.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I missed all the ps2 era games and will prob never play them which makes me a little sad.

I’m hoping that 7 has a lot more plane options than 6 and by the trailer it seems like some classics are back.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

I missed all the ps2 era games and will prob never play them which makes me a little sad.

I’m hoping that 7 has a lot more plane options than 6 and by the trailer it seems like some classics are back.

I thought there was talk recently of the ps2 games gettinjg remasters but I haven't heard much other than rumor, that'd be great though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

you can get a ps2.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Nice. Been a fan of Ace Combat since it was called Air Combat.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
Go dance with the angels!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Frond posted:

Nice. Been a fan of Ace Combat since it was called Air Combat.

I've been calling it rear end Combat :twisted:

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

you can get a ps2.

I really should but I haven’t seen one around lately. Are the ace combat games hard to come by?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No they were very popular so people still have copies sitting around by the bucketful. The only annoying is AC0 which was a budget release when it came out since it was a post-PS3 PS2 game. Meaning you'll probably pay more for it now than you would have on launch day a decade ago.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If you wanted to play them all again I’d skip Air Combat and maybe have Electrosphere (3) as an option.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Did someone release a fan mod that added the cut parts from the English version of electrosphere with translation or did I dream this up?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

No, that happened.

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/2307/

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

0 had the best music & the FMV angle ruled but 5 is the best overall. 4's melancholic and I like it.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
5 was a very generous video game

envelopode
Aug 23, 2018

4 had excellent bad voice acting, especially in the story sections between chapters. Not sure if the others are the same way.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

envelopode posted:

4 had excellent bad voice acting, especially in the story sections between chapters. Not sure if the others are the same way.

That’s the Ace Combat schtick

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fadam posted:

This looks sick, but I've never played any of the older games. Is there a Vox lore explainer?

Ace combat 4 is one of my all time favorite games

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a very corny game that takes itself probably too seriously but the threat of Stonehenge for most of the game, usually with almost no warning, is such a powerful gamer feel. And then you blow it up and suddenly you feel like you're the one winning instead of doing a little damage and running

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

AC super weapons rule. Stonehenge kicks rear end. Nagasi having very strong feelings about Arkbird ruled. I don't think 6 had good super weapons? 0 Had the death laser and the carrier but the death laser really never felt THAT scary and gets taken care of pretty quick. Stonehenge was omnipresent fear.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The megalith loving launches rockets into space to hit asteroids in a way to get them to crash into targets

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Get under 5000 feet NOW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

How many loving asteroids does strangereal have to deal with in order to justify two mega-weapons