Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cnut
May 3, 2016

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I go to my local chinese food place about 2-3 times a week, I'm pretty good friends with the owner. Yesterday I went in for lunch and the owner was acting really weird and standoffish while usually we're on pretty good terms. I asked him what was wrong and eventually he told me to "leave and never come back". I pushed him a little more while I was waiting for my order because he seemed nervous or guilty and he told me that the Chinese mafia in the area have been putting the squeeze or w/e on local businesses and to intimidate them they left a cake outside the shop overnight. Inside the cake was a scroll with a list of all the store's most frequent customers' full names and addresses, and I was near the top of the list.

I am seriously freaking the gently caress out right now and I have no idea what to even do or what my recourse is. I'm a non-violent person and I've never owned any guns but I'm really close to picking up a rifle at Wal-Mart and taking vacation time from work to lay low for a few weeks. Should I go to the police? What could they even do? I'm loving terrified.

:sever:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
v sad to find out this thread is NOT about organizing new and exciting crimes. i've got some great ideas that just need to be workshopped a bit but i guess this isn't the place

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
My favourite crime is downloading tv shows + music

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
One of the crimes I like doing most is banging whores.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

yeah I eat rear end posted:

One of the crimes I like doing most is banging whores.

Do you get a family discount?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Sometimes at the self-checkout I will sneak produce in with other produce

They'll never miss that cilantro, hehehehe

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

My dad was a biker and a dealer so I was around a lot of those types as a kid. Most Hell's Angels dudes I've met have been big ol' softies, but I'm also from Canada so they're probably nicer here lmfao, they are fuckin everywhere in BC tho.

Organized crime is interesting af and I have an unhealthy curiousity about Russian organized crime, those dudes are fuckin nuts

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

Do you get a family discount?

Rude. I charge all my cousins double up front with an hourly on top.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

esperterra posted:

My dad was a biker and a dealer so I was around a lot of those types as a kid. Most Hell's Angels dudes I've met have been big ol' softies, but I'm also from Canada so they're probably nicer here lmfao, they are fuckin everywhere in BC tho.

Organized crime is interesting af and I have an unhealthy curiousity about Russian organized crime, those dudes are fuckin nuts

Any place that can invent and circulate a drug like Krokodil is too hardcore for me.

Don't click on any pics related to Krokodil btw :gonk:

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I grew up around Chicago and my dad installed security systems for a living. Back in the 70s his boss handed him a job for this big house in River Forest. It turned out the place was owned by Tony "Big Tuna" Accardo, the boss of the whole Chicago Outfit :whitewater:

He did his work, got paid, and got the hell out. Said it was kind of freaky how nice a guy he seemed to be if you didn't know who he was.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Reminds me of how Al Capone openly said that he made a point of being kind to everyone - up until the point where an individual gave him a reason not to be. Apparently the same went for John Dillinger; the first time I heard of him was his episode of American Justice (back when A&E was still worth watching with documentary programs like that) and they tracked down people who'd interacted with him, one of whom was at the time just a small child at a lodge Dillinger was staying at between crimes. He recalled how friendly Dillinger was to him, even sitting down on the carpet and playing toys with him. It never occurred to him that the friendly man was Public Enemy #1, and years later when he found out, he couldn't help but be surprised.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

Take any opportunity I get to plug the best mafia documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCUl-h21B1c

For some reason seeing THAMES as the opener made me think of World At War (1973) and got me giddy.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
Don't gently caress with Chechen's they are all nuts and hardened from war.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Agent Escalus posted:

Reminds me of how Al Capone openly said that he made a point of being kind to everyone - up until the point where an individual gave him a reason not to be. Apparently the same went for John Dillinger; the first time I heard of him was his episode of American Justice (back when A&E was still worth watching with documentary programs like that) and they tracked down people who'd interacted with him, one of whom was at the time just a small child at a lodge Dillinger was staying at between crimes. He recalled how friendly Dillinger was to him, even sitting down on the carpet and playing toys with him. It never occurred to him that the friendly man was Public Enemy #1, and years later when he found out, he couldn't help but be surprised.

Makes sense though, people are generally way less likely call the police or volunteer up information on someone who showed them/their kids kindness.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
John Dillinger: robbed banks

Banks: rob people

John Dillinger: Hero

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Meatballs in wife beaters do not impress.

GORILLA BASTARD fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Sep 6, 2018

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I'm only about 30 minutes into Crime Inc and yikes they aren't scared of bloodied facies of murdered people aren't they

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

buglord posted:

I'm only about 30 minutes into Crime Inc and yikes they aren't scared of bloodied facies of murdered people aren't they

I thought the exact same thing

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
still really enjoying this, especially all the firsthand accounts from random dudes that killed people or the gal that slept with JFK and a mob boss. thanks for linking it gringo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
what ep are you on? i made it like to the rumrunners part of part 2. gonna finish it one day when i got less to watch

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

esperterra posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paG1-lPtIXA

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I took criminal justice classes in Worcester, MA- and if you've ever taken any CJ course they tend to all follow the same formula of "grizzled old retired cop/detective tells stories for 45 minutes". One of my favorite stories goes like this:

In the late 70s one of the local members of the Italian mob on had just knocked over a liquor store on Shrewsbury street, and was being pursued by black and whites down Lake Ave (a twisty road that runs adjacent to, you guessed it, a lake). As he was rounding the second corner by the lake the officers observed him throwing an object out of the window, they called in the location, and apprehended the mook. Upon searching the vehicle they found the money that he stole but not the weapon that he used to commit the crime- so they sent divers into the lake by the second corner to recover it.

What they didn't know before going in was that the location they were searching had been used as a dumping ground for evidence for years. While searching that part of the lake they found 46 guns and a car. As they were not able to tie a specific weapon to the perpetrator, they were not able to present it as evidence in his trial.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Back in the early 70's, my boss's first wife was killed by a junkie during a daytime home invasion robbery. My boss was an immigrant from South America, so the first thing they did was drive over to his place of work to accuse him of doing it. It messed him up for a long time, and even now he still tears up a little talking about the whole thing. When he first came to America, he worked as a busboy in a very tiny and authentic Italian restaurant. He said that it really helped him learn English. Anyhow, he went back to working there in the evenings after his wife died, just to get some extra money and be less lonely. One day, an older Italian guy comes in and he's surrounded by what's basically a three man security detail. The guy asked my boss to take a break and sit with him at the back booth. He then proceeds to offer to have the junkie(who'd been caught and was in county awaiting trial) offed in whatever way my boss wanted.

He said he didn't want to break the law, mostly because he'd just came to America and didn't want trouble. I always think back to that story, and I don't think I could've turned the mafia guy down.

Oh, and the junkie? He lived until last year and died of natural causes in a private residential care facility as a ward of the state. My boss had to go to every parole hearing to make sure he stayed locked up.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So while we're on the topic, how do I organize some crime? Like what's my first step?

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Track pants.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

fakeaccount posted:

So while we're on the topic, how do I organize some crime? Like what's my first step?

Absolute corruption is absolute.

it's just that easy and simple

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

I've known a few wise guys. They were all very cool nice people. One of them was retired from the life, and worked for years in an outdoor, animal, and nature education program for kids. He was heavily involved in trade unions in the 70s, and had some crazy stories.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

fakeaccount posted:

You'll want to start small. Get a group of friends together, and plan a jay walking party. Once you've done that successfully move on to loitering then petty vandalism. Go from there, and before you know it you'll be as feared and respected as any Mafia don.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
My mom always told me that my soccer coach I had as a kid was a mafioso and I never believed her, because why the gently caress would a mafia guy be in my bumfuck rural state?

Turns out he legitimately was in organized crime, organizing massive interstate drug trafficking while being a dumpy white bread soccer dad by day. Kind of weird to think about.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’d love to coach sports in the day and sell drugs at night. It’s the perfect kind of balance a life needs

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

fakeaccount posted:

Start working for a bank or some other major finance corporation. Plenty of opportunities there.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
My crime shop has a little sign that says "One of these days I'm going to get organizized"

Women are very impressed by it.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

dudeness posted:

My crime shop has a little sign that says "One of these days I'm going to get organizized"

Women are very impressed by it.

How is that going for you?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Zombiepop posted:

How is that going for you?

Scored me a date, gonna take her out for a movie I think!

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

dudeness posted:

Scored me a date, gonna take her out for a movie I think!

Great! The ladies seem to love a organized crime man! That sexy prospect of things getting violent I guess.
Im happy for you, good luck!

Mahnarch
Jan 7, 2008

Landing?
Do, or Do Not.
There is no 'Try'.

fakeaccount posted:

You're gonna want to get a paper shredder.
Those seem important for when the raids happen, for some reason.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I only learned a few weeks ago that gabbagool is some dumbass pronunciation of capocollo.

shahadien
Jan 5, 2014

I actually worked with organized crime for a long time...am out now, but don't mind laying out some of the methods for those who are curious?

E: Sorry if there are actual questions prior to this...but I really can't be bothered to read 22 pages of forum...

shahadien fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Aug 24, 2018

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I only learned a few weeks ago that gabbagool is some dumbass pronunciation of capocollo.

It, like many other mutant Italian-American words, is from a regional dialect that predates modern Italian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woden
May 6, 2006

fakeaccount posted:

Start going to church?

If religion ain't your thing, the next easiest way is attending the Gathering of the Juggalos.

• Locked thread