Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to give you a pass and pretend you didn't post that becauseIcan'tbelieveyoujustdissedLum! :mad:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'm glad the touhou mafia is finally in charge

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Greetings, your friendly Anime Mod here. Not sure how many of you know of the situation going on wrt FYAD, but we've been talking. I was going to write a post somewhere along the lines of what Cyrano posted over at TFR, but I felt old Cyrano's words were good as they were, so with Cyrano's blessing, I'm just gonna do the quote here. Just substitute TFR with ADTRW and we're good to go.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Hey everyone,

I just want to pop in and say something really quick. I'm sure a lot of you are aware of the mess going on with FYAD right now. It involves a lot of really ugly poo poo that was said about LGBTQ+ posters, and trans posters in particular. There are a couple of things that I want to make very clear from a TFR perspective:

1) the poo poo that was going on over there was unacceptable from top to bottom. A lot of it was the kind of garbage that you would expect from 8chan or even Stormfront. There is a lot to unpack about why FYAD was allowed to go their own way, why they chose to go that direction, and why it was allowed to fester. I'm not a FYAD poster myself. It's not a place I went and, like most posters on Something Awful, I was completely unaware that kind of poo poo was going on under our own roof.

2) None of that was ever, or will ever, be acceptable in TFR. Some of the posts that I've seen since this blew up made my skin crawl. If that sort of poo poo popped up in any forum that I have moderation powers over bans and, in some cases, permas would have been issued on the spot. I want TFR to be as inclusive a space as possible for everyone. We haven't always been good about this, but in my time as mod it's one of the main changes that I've been working towards as hard as I can. Even so, at TFR's very worst the utter loving garbage that I've seen in the last few days of this FYAD crisis wouldn't have flown here for half a second.

3) I want you all to be absolutely clear on this: You have my full support if you are being directly affected by any of this or need whatever help I can give. If you see something here that bothers you, tell me. If you see something elsewhere on Something Awful that bothers you but don't feel comfortable going to the mod that runs that forum, tell me and I'll bring it up with the rest of the mods and admins. If you just want to talk poo poo over reach out and I'm more than happy to do so. You can always PM me, or you can reach me via email at cyrano4747 at gmail. I'm just a cis-het white guy who runs an internet forum, so I might not be able to do much beyond be a sympathetic ear and give some well meaning advice, but I'll do whatever I can.

4) There is a lot of doxxing going on of LGBTQ+ posters right now, especially trans posters. This FYAD issue has blown up across our little corner of the internet and we're getting offsite people doing some ugly poo poo. Stay aware of what you post online. If you have some personal information somewhere that you can't edit out (someone quoted it or something) tell me and there are mod tools I can use to disappear it. If I cant because it's in a place I don't have buttons I can get another mod or admin to take care of it.

Stay safe, and take care of each other.
This will also be posted on the Chat Thread.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Quoting from the Chat Thread:

Wark Say posted:

Greetings and Salutations!

If you're unhappy with your AV/lack of gang-tag, feeling like giving back and you're healthy enough to donate some blood/plasma or donate with them greenbacks, step the heck in and join the D&D Winter Blood and Charity Drive! More details and far more semantically sound sentences by Jonesy over in the link previously provided. :)