Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Congrats to wark say. You have 22 months to make your address to adtrw.

No top mod poll itt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Let's start with 2 questions regarding mod policy:

1.) How do you feel about gimmick probations?
2.) Will you be enforcing the new years resolution toxxes?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Wark Say did you actually want this

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

rip modtab

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The hot potato moves again.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
congrat

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Do the right thing, and as a first move number and sticky the new chat thread

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Motto posted:

rip modtab

Rest assured, one day I will have my chance

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

you'll have a chance..................................in ur dreams!!!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I already gave my congrats in the previous chat thread :rip: but I want to wish you the best of luck Wark Say, and to remember to have fun, but also to take the position seriously.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also it's hosed up that we never got a proper resignation thread for Matoi, but I guess that's how assassinations go.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

I already gave my congrats in the previous chat thread :rip: but I want to wish you the best of luck Wark Say, and to remember to have fun, but also to take the position seriously.
Will do. And thanks! I know a lot of you felt like "Wait, for real?". But I do want to take this responsibility seriously.

Following on the steps of a senpai: If anyone has anything that they cannot properly get out of their chests, the PM function is there for a reason. Do not hesitate to use it, I will try to reply as much as I humanly can.

Namtab posted:

Let's start with 2 questions regarding mod policy:

1.) How do you feel about gimmick probations?
2.) Will you be enforcing the new years resolution toxxes?
1) If you post something like a "I need to concentrate on school/work/personal business, can you gimme a 6er?", then I guess that's fine. Other types of probations should probably get analyzed.
2) This is going to end badly, isn't it? I'll read the thread and see.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 22, 2018

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Julias posted:

Also it's hosed up that we never got a proper resignation thread for Matoi, but I guess that's how assassinations go.

he posted the lemongrab bye video though

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Space Flower posted:

he posted the lemongrab bye video though

That was funny yes, but it still breaks tradition:mad:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This is now the thread to post moderation policy moving forward.

Wark Say posted:

1) If you post something like a "I need to concentrate on school/work/personal business, can you gimme a 6er?", then I guess that's fine. Other types of probations

I want to resume the safe pick/risky pick for seasonal thread which I stopped because matoi didn't like probation gimmicks

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hail the dead.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

This is now the thread to post moderation policy moving forward.

I want to resume the safe pick/risky pick for seasonal thread which I stopped because matoi didn't like probation gimmicks
So, basically like a Probation-Toxx hybrid? That doesn't so bad if the op agrees to it.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

How will adtrw change under your administration over the previous modship

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wark Say posted:

So, basically like a Probation-Toxx hybrid? That doesn't so bad if the op agrees to it.

I'll allow it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ninjewtsu posted:

How will adtrw change under your administration over the previous modship
I'll try and moderate this here sub-forum to the best of my abilities. If people utilize the Report function within these here forums, I will try to arbitrate as I think it's fitting. Like, I am aware that I haven't made the best first impression in the past and that I hosed up, but I'm also not averse to changing and learning if things were not right in the past.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Why don't you have an av anymore? Don't you get them for free now?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

This "I promise to actually moderate" platform sounds reasonable

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Thinking about a new one. I kind of want it to pop.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Wark you're a good dude and you got this. :)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
thank you and good luck wark!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Thinking about a new one. I kind of want it to pop.
watch aikatsu, and then get an aikatsu av

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Long live my best friend here!

VIVA LA PORFIRIATA

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 22, 2018

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Gimmick Probations are good when sufficiently funny.

Also congrats Wark Say.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Mr Wark, why don't you have an av anymore? How can posters trust a mod without an av?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Mr Wark, why don't you have an av anymore? How can posters trust a mod without an av?

he does have an av it's Hagakure from MHA

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
hello wark say, only one question for you

jojo manga spoilers in the jojo anime thread: acceptable or probation worthy?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Freakazoid_ posted:

hello wark say, only one question for you

jojo manga spoilers in the jojo anime thread: acceptable or probation worthy?
Spoilers are kind of a touchy area?

• A lot of people are fine with them. I sincerely think that they do not detract at all from a show if the show/comic/novel is good enough that the spoiler is forgotten because even after knowing you see/read about it and go :tviv: "That was awesome!" :woop:
  • A ton of people are also against spoilers. And that's also an opinion to be respected.

Me? My recommendation is that, if you're gonna do spoilers, a warning, however small, never hurts.

i.e. Oh my god! Then you're in for a treat, because (spoilers for the last Warped Tour show) can you believe that Jordan played that sweet-rear end riff for 10 minutes? man it was a treat!

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

OK but i think it specifically relates to this question: if you allow Manga people to talk about thus-unadapted parts of the work in the anime thread, what exactly is the point of there being 2 different threads?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
wark truly is a benvolent god.

if i saw someone spoiling the manga in the anime thread, i would serve them a 6'er, i would own their life

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ninjewtsu posted:

OK but i think it specifically relates to this question: if you allow Manga people to talk about thus-unadapted parts of the work in the anime thread, what exactly is the point of there being 2 different threads?
Yeah, that response was a bit too general, wasn't it? It might apply more to things that only have the one thread (Overlord, for example?). I think that if a franchise guarantees more than one thread in this sub-forum (JoJo, My Hero Academia) for different mediums, then yeah, maybe it's for the best to keep the spoilers to a minimum/non-existent.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Wark Say posted:

Yeah, that response was a bit too general, wasn't it? It might apply more to things that only have the one thread (Overlord, for example?). I think that if a franchise guarantees more than one thread in this sub-forum (JoJo, My Hero Academia) for different mediums, then yeah, maybe it's for the best to keep the spoilers to a minimum/non-existent.

That's good to hear. I brought up the jojo anime thread specifically because back during part 3, people were posting open manga spoilers and weren't being probated, using the manga's age as an excuse. I decided not to read it at all after that, but now that you're the new mod and part 5 is coming, I just wanted to know where you stand (pun intended).

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I don't want to look at or think about 20seventeen game of the year and masterpiece of literature Nier Automata ever again in my life but I also don't want to lose my plat so don't enforce the new years toxxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DisDisDis posted:

I don't want to look at or think about 20seventeen game of the year and masterpiece of literature Nier Automata ever again in my life but I also don't want to lose my plat so don't enforce the new years toxxes
Since you don't agree with the toxx you previously decided upon, it won't be enforced.