Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/olive-garden-to-offer-full-year-never-ending-pasta-pass-promotion-for-300-2018-08-22

quote:

Olive Garden’s Never Ending Pasta Pass promotion is back, and for year five the Italian restaurant chain is adding an annual option for $300.

Only 1,000 of the annual pasta passes will be will be sold, giving customers 52 weeks of unlimited servings of pasta, soup or salad, and breadsticks.

The Darden Restaurants Inc. DRI, -0.31% chain is bringing back the eight-week Never Ending Pasta Pass as well, with 23,000 available for $100. The deal applies for eight weeks starting Sept. 24.

Never Ending Pasta Passes will be available for purchase on Aug. 23 at 2 p.m. Eastern time, for 30 minutes. The passes have sold out in seconds in years past.

The unlimited diabetes deal is for sale tomorrow. Get on it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Olive garden is not very good and I certainly can't imagine being excited to eat unlimited amounts of it for 8 weeks or a year.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the salt industry was hit hard this quarter when unexpected competition in the glutton market prompted old country buffet to halve its usual orders of 100lb bags

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'd rather win a free brutal beating about the head and body

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
$300 for a month of Nutrisystem

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

If I was down on my luck, I'd get in on this. $300 for all of your meals to be covered (just skip breakfast and eat a bigger lunch) for an entire year is a really good deal for the homeless.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I worked at an Olive Garden and even one day of eating pasta is absolutely horrible. I am glad I got the gently caress out of there and got my education.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
My ex-girlfriend and her family were probably the first people to sign up for this, they loved that place. My ex's twin sister was dating a guy 19 years older than her, and when we'd go to Olive Garden he'd always order an iced tea and pour 15 sugar packets into it.

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf
i'm sorry but you couldn't pay me 300 bucks to even eat a single plate of olive garden anything

it's called olive garden because it tastes like you're eating the entire garden; soil and worms and grasshoppers and all

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
The last time I went to Olive Garden I got dragged there by my wife's family and I've never seen so many fat people in one location. The food wasn't even that good it just was a lot of it.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

BexGu posted:

The last time I went to Olive Garden American chain restaurant I got dragged there by my wife's family and I've never seen so many fat people in one location. The food wasn't even that good it just was a lot of it.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'd rather be pissed on by Putin and Trump daily than eat Olive Garden even once, let alone for an entire year.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i think their new slogan is a step in the right direction, anyways

'olive garden: when you're here, you're sad'

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
So I've got a system, and it goes like this:

Chain sit down restaurants (Chilis, Olive Garden, Applebees, etc) are overpriced garbage and suck. HOWEVER Fast Food generally at least tastes good even if it's unhealthy as gently caress. But chain sit down restaurants are almost universally rear end.

The thing that always bothers me when I go on vacation to places is how even if I go to some nice area with lots of good local restaurants there will still be tons of people there just cramming into the local Applebees to stuff their maws with heaps of unappetizing garbage. People that go on vacation and then still eat at chain restaurants are the worst. You can eat that garbage any time at home. Try somethin' new.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Why would you eat garbage, even at home?

Unless, like I said, you are homeless; at that point, calories are calories

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Cheddar's is pretty good.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

1redflag posted:

Why would you eat garbage, even at home?

Unless, like I said, you are homeless; at that point, calories are calories

I mean 100% agreed but even if you like that poo poo food for some reason you at least owe it to yourself to try good new stuff when you travel.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Ginette Reno posted:

So I've got a system, and it goes like this:

Chain sit down restaurants (Chilis, Olive Garden, Applebees, etc) are overpriced garbage and suck. HOWEVER Fast Food generally at least tastes good even if it's unhealthy as gently caress. But chain sit down restaurants are almost universally rear end.

The thing that always bothers me when I go on vacation to places is how even if I go to some nice area with lots of good local restaurants there will still be tons of people there just cramming into the local Applebees to stuff their maws with heaps of unappetizing garbage. People that go on vacation and then still eat at chain restaurants are the worst. You can eat that garbage any time at home. Try somethin' new.

fast food is a lot easier to eat closer to healthy at too cause you could just order like 500 calories of food for $5 instead of spending $13 on a 1300+ calorie plate

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Tastes like poo poo and is as expensive as an actual Italian food restaurant

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Olive Garden is a lot like drinking PBR. It's unremarkable, but it's not bad and the people tripping over their dicks to tell you so are never any fun to hang out with.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Olive Garden is always packed. This is why we have Trump as a president. There are huge swathes of the population that are dumb. I mean, how much pasta can 300 bucks buy you? A lot. Is boiling water too difficult for some?

I was walking into Home Depot one day, and I heard a guy on his cell phone telling his buddy about proposing to his girlfriend. "I took her to Olive Garden, so it was really fancy..."

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Skeleton Ape posted:

Olive Garden is a lot like drinking PBR. It's unremarkable, but it's not bad and the people tripping over their dicks to tell you so are never any fun to hang out with.

Pibber will at least get you drunk even if it's swill. I see no functional reason to eat Olive Garden when I could go somewhere else that is both cheaper and better

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If you want to feel like a garbage person eating a plate of alfredo at Olive Garden is a good way to do it. It's just a pile of carbs with butter, cream, and cheese on top.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I think I've eaten at Olive Garden twice in my lifetime when I was much younger. I don't remember much except for being in line waiting for a table for loving ever and I haven't been back. The food mustn't have been all that remarkable.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Leon Einstein posted:

Olive Garden is always packed. This is why we have Trump as a president. There are huge swathes of the population that are dumb. I mean, how much pasta can 300 bucks buy you? A lot. Is boiling water too difficult for some?

I was walking into Home Depot one day, and I heard a guy on his cell phone telling his buddy about proposing to his girlfriend. "I took her to Olive Garden, so it was really fancy..."

I've traveled extensively throughout the lower 48 for work (and elsewhere but other countries aren't plagued in the same way) and if there is one universal truth, its Olive Garden's are always unbelievably busy every night of the week for some reason.

I've seen a similar behavior with Texas Roadhouse. Not really sure why either place is always so in demand, but maybe its that special recipe of consistently inoffensive offerings regardless of where you find yourself?

Olive Garden is also a popular place to take a client for lunch. Its surprisingly easy to end up throwing a quick 75-100 on the company CC between an appetizer, entree and some drinks for the schmuck you're wining and dining. Doing industrial engineering means its a pretty blue collar environment though so the OG is a pretty fancy pants place for even a factory manager guy who is making 6 figures so it always is well received and they don't feel trashy drinking too much because, hey, its Italian!

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Does it come with sauce?

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My dad took my mom to Red Lobster for their first date because she had never been to a "fancy restaurant".

Thank you and goodnight!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Sounds like a good deal from a cost/calorie perspective.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
$300 for unlimited pasta for a year is a good deal, if you go every day and forgo groceries. Though any less than that and it's a rip off. I mean how much does pasta cost? a $1.50 package of pasta can feed you for a couple days

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

schmuckfeatures posted:

it's called olive garden because it tastes like you're eating the entire garden; soil and worms and grasshoppers and all
grandmama youre out-rageous

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Poor people want to feel nice too, you know

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
I don’t have enough fancy clothes to go to Olive Garden everyday!

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Only thing I remember about Olive Garden was that their salad was pretty ok.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
All you people making fun of this are just afraid of commitment, this is why your fiancee left you.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Let's pool together and buy this for Ein Cooler Typ

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Skeleton Ape posted:

Nah, Olive Garden is really goddamn terrible unless you don't have tastebuds I guess.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Nah, Olive Garden is really goddamn terrible unless you don't have tastebuds I guess.

Rack em

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mama Mia datsa spicy dealo! Ey! I'mma carb loadin' ova heya!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'd rather eat at IHOP than Olive Garden and IHOP has the grossest pancakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

back in the 90s if you lived way out with the poo poo kickers olive garden was unquestionably better than whatever greasy spoon truck stop you could go to at home. lots and lots of kids remember being told it was very nice and good and internalized that lesson for their adulthood. unfortunately the food became very badder over the years and many people lead unexamined dinners.

• Locked thread