Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

suck my woke dick posted:

you forgot the interview by hr director echinopsis for any positions above middle management level

Over in Cavern of Cobol one poster slept with an exec at their company after a Christmas party, I think they should be an HR consultant for us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

has a single new poster registered since the viral wave?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
lol. it seems like it’s only gotten existing goons to participate.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

Roosevelt posted:

not that I've seen

Nothing wrong with an exuberant YOSfest of shitposting

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

wait so what actually happened?

i don't read reddit and have never been to hacker news in my life

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sweevo posted:

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1032939617404645376?s=21

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
atomicthumbs took screenshots of fart-powered cars' (nee Xealous) posts (in amberPOS color scheme) about Tesla software / infrastructure funny fuckups from the thread formerly titled "Elon musk kill the kids" and posted them on Twitter

The tweets met with some traction and the Twitter thread got posted on HN, on a Tesla fan subreddit, on the programming subreddit, on boingboing and on Digg

Did I miss any other major venues? Someone was saying that this was going to make it to ars technica but I think that was intended as a joke

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Sweevo posted:

ex tesla employee spills the beans in the 'POS. chaos ensues.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

good work screen shotting

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

pram posted:

truly the golden age of yospos

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
amber waves of posts

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
did atomic thumbs get permission? I mean I know this site is public (sometimes at least) so it's not like like this is private but still, a bit rude maybe? like if said poster knew his poo poo was gonna get plastered on the wider web maybe he wouldnt have done it and now he's uncomfortable?

falls into the "you're not wrong, you're just an rear end in a top hat" category methinks

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
Yeah, maybe it was kind of a party foul but Xealous seemed chill with the possibility of what he was saying going public. It wasn't as though he was angry about most of the fuckups he described, more the management/engineering culture that generated them, refused to learn from them, and "move fast and break things"ed with no plan to go back and fix things again

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
The posts specifically about mismanagement are few but damning and no litany of technical fuckups suck as what Xealous described would be possible without some serious dysfunction

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

echinopsis posted:

did atomic thumbs get permission? I mean I know this site is public (sometimes at least) so it's not like like this is private but still, a bit rude maybe? like if said poster knew his poo poo was gonna get plastered on the wider web maybe he wouldnt have done it and now he's uncomfortable?

falls into the "you're not wrong, you're just an rear end in a top hat" category methinks

No permission was obtained but some regret has been expressed:

atomicthumbs posted:

i really should've asked first before posting the stuff on twitter, i had no idea it would go viral and i don't want to get anyone in trouble (and someone was already crossposting to reddit). i was a small account, god dammit, this isn't supposed to happen

atomicthumbs posted:

also potentially get forums user fart-powered cars in trouble (absolutely no idea how plausible it is) if it somehow ended up breaking an NDA or something he didn't know about because i was bored at 4 AM and wanted to laugh at horrible car computer with a different set of online friends

gently caress "viral", this poo poo sucks and is for assholes, and im one of them

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

revel in it, or die

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

gently caress elon and his toadies, i'm glad the thread got exposure to rile them up

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Developer lore is history and of cultural value and belongs in a museum!

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Yospos was submitted, again, to the online popularity contest and this time it won a few views!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Maximo Roboto posted:

Developer lore is history and of cultural value and belongs in a museum!

okay young indiana pwns.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Roosevelt posted:

it looks like 25 people registered today and yesterday, one of who posted once in FYAD and was immediately permabanned :lol:

with search being its usual lovely self, i can't see who posted where.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

GWBBQ posted:

it looks like 25 people registered today and yesterday, one of who posted once in FYAD and was immediately permabanned :lol:

over in the QCS thread complaining about broken search, someone has an archaeological URL to a functional "posts by user ID" view

Out of curiosity, how did you determine that there were 25 new users?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

prisoner of waffles posted:

over in the QCS thread complaining about broken search, someone has an archaeological URL to a functional "posts by user ID" view

Out of curiosity, how did you determine that there were 25 new users?
tediously, by clicking a profile link and manually finding the latest user to register, then backing up until I hit Aug 23.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

care to share?

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

akadajet posted:

care to share?

The XKCD Larper posted:

This weird old post history function still works somehow:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/search.php?action=do_search_posthistory&userid=UserIDGoesHereere

e: LMK if that doesn't work, I really don't remember if there were 2 or more such URLs

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

GWBBQ posted:

tediously, by clicking a profile link and manually finding the latest user to register, then backing up until I hit Aug 23.

thanks for your service

also lol primary key autoincrement for the win

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

GWBBQ posted:

This search link lets you see that poster's bs posts
https://forums.somethingawful.com/search.php?action=do_search_posthistory&userid=223292

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
looks like someone with some serious beef who reregs

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

BONGHITZ posted:

revel in it, or die

before i made the thread i didn't have followers who would reply to my tweets to tell me that actually, cryptocurrency and capitalism are good

i've set of a tiered system of pig_poop_balls.jpg and goatse as canned responses

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i used to use twitter to relax and have fun with like-minded people online

now:

i really hate it

Hammockbottom
Apr 10, 2005

It was Hamhockbottom right?
A few years ago I would say talk about genocide and be racist and then you wouldn't get any followers....

how times have changed

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

atomicthumbs posted:

now:

i really hate it

The punishment fits the crime, RIP your Twitter experience

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

who’s this guy?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

President Beep posted:

who’s this guy?

he was in sonic the hedgehog

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

he was in sonic the hedgehog

‘nough said. :patriot:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

atomicthumbs posted:

now:

i really hate it

Lmao

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

atomicthumbs posted:

now:

i really hate it

if you call him out on bullshit (like cryptocurrency evangelism) he’ll block you right quick

one of my only Twitter blocks and I’m kinda proud of it

pram
Jun 10, 2001
atomicthumbs is a shameless opportunist imo

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
he capitalized on the situation. all he had to do was take the content the op built and then he became rich in tweets and youtube subscribers. capitalism in action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

e: LMK if that doesn't work, I really don't remember if there were 2 or more such URLs

that works great, thanks!

• Locked thread