Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

AAA's biggest show of the year is tonight at 8 PM! The preshow starts at 6 but I don't think there are any matches so why would you watch that?

For a full breakdown read Cubsfan's preview here:

https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2018/08/24/aaa-triplemania-xxvi-august-25-preview-predictions/

The card:

Psycho Clown vs. Hijo del Fantasma vs. La Park vs. Pentagon Jr. - cage match with last two entrants facing off in a mask match

Lady Shani vs. Faby Apache - mask vs. hair

Jeff Jarrett vs. Fenix vs. Brian Cage vs. Rich Swann for the AAA Mega Heavyweight title

La Mascara, Rey Escorpion and Texano Jr. vs. Joe Lider, Murder Clown and Pagano in a Street Fight

Jack Evans, Juventud Guerrera and Teddy Hart vs. Averno, Chessman and Super Fly

Mamba, Maximo and Pimpinela Escarlata vs. Carta Brava Jr., Mocho Cota Jr. and Tito Santana vs. Hijo de LA Park, Puma King and Taurus

Aerostar and Drago vs. Golden Magic and Laredo Kid, Bandido and Flamita and Andrew Everett and DJZ: #1 Contendership Ladder Match

Big Mami and Nino Hamburguesa vs. Hijo Del Vikingo and Vanilla, Dinastia and Lady Maravilla and Angelikal and La Hiedra for the AAA mixed tag team titles

Australian Suicide vs A bunch of Dudes in a AAA cruiserweight title match

A Llave a la Gloria greenhorns match

The main event is a cage match which sucks because it means crowd brawling will be very difficult. Park could brawl in the crowd before the match, or it could just be boring with two dudes climbing out and then a singles match in a cage.

The street fight should be very bad, as should Llave a la Gloria if last year is anything to go by. Meanwhile the ladder match, cruiserweight title match, Shani vs Apache and six man should all be very good. Shani vs Apache being a MOTYC possibility.

In the very least it will be better than last year and the year before, two of the worst shows of the decade.

You can watch the card in Spanish: https://twitch.tv/luchalibreaaa

or English: https://www.twitch.tv/luchalibreaaa_en

DO NOT WATCH IT IN ENGLISH MATT STRIKER AND VAMPIRO ARE THE ANNOUNCERS!

Or you can join us on PSP-TV and watch the Spanish feed.

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/badmoviesworsewrestling

We'll start at 8 PM, those feeds should go live at 6 with preshows.

Enjoy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm down for watching this. It looks like a mess and I've been getting into the culture shock that AAA and CMLL give me.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Interesting to see who will de-mask since all four guys are pretty big

I am confused by the rules though

"Psycho Clown vs. Hijo del Fantasma vs. La Park vs. Pentagon Jr. - cage match with last two entrants facing off in a mask match"

Does this mean the last two people left inside the cage fight mask vs. mask, or is it elimination rules and once two guys have been pinned it becomes a mask match?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Interesting to see who will de-mask since all four guys are pretty big

I am confused by the rules though

"Psycho Clown vs. Hijo del Fantasma vs. La Park vs. Pentagon Jr. - cage match with last two entrants facing off in a mask match"

Does this mean the last two people left inside the cage fight mask vs. mask, or is it elimination rules and once two guys have been pinned it becomes a mask match?

First two to escape the cage are safe, last two then have a regular match that can only be won by pin or sub and the loser of that fall loses their mask

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LA Park is gonna climb the cage and that will be the gif of the year

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
It cannot be overstated how much Vampiro and Striker will be an improvement over last year's commentary team

Let that sink in

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

First two to escape the cage are safe, last two then have a regular match that can only be won by pin or sub and the loser of that fall loses their mask

This makes 0 sense and I love it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

This makes 0 sense and I love it.

It could have been worse, I figured the first two guys to get pinned would have been rewarded by not being at risk of losing their mask, which is some prime gimmick match logic

At least this way the wrestlers have a clear motivation to win

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

It's Triplemania time baby, yeah!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hijo del Fantasma is definitely unmasking. Psycho Clown is their guy, Penta is not losing his mask and LA Park is not losing his mask.

I'd be shocked by any other result.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Fantasma should be fine with out the mask, he probably looks okay under there. El Rey de Chocolate.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is Hijo del Fantasma remotely handsome? Because given how good his English is and his height, I'd be surprised if WWE wasn't after him the moment the mask came off and somebody showed Vince a picture.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Psycho Clown being AAA's top babyface will never stop being really weird to me

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Here's a sneak preview:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The only way I see it not being Fantasma is Psycho Clown switching to makeup instead of a mask. And whether that would be considered kosher by the commission.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

Is Hijo del Fantasma remotely handsome? Because given how good his English is and his height, I'd be surprised if WWE wasn't after him the moment the mask came off and somebody showed Vince a picture.

I believe WWE courted him but AAA's always been gangster about keeping dudes from jumping to the fed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Hijo del Fantasma is definitely unmasking. Psycho Clown is their guy, Penta is not losing his mask and LA Park is not losing his mask.

I'd be shocked by any other result.

Pretty much. Only question is who's pinning him, and I think it's gonna be Psycho Clown

I hope it's a fun match and that Penta/Park brawl into the crowd for half of it, even if it's not until after they escape

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
What happened to Park v Rush?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Have the Twitch stream playing in the background and that Freddie Mercury / Snap! mash-up is amazing.

EDIT: maybe except that sax synth.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

J-Ro posted:

Have the Twitch stream playing in the background and that Freddie Mercury / Snap! mash-up is amazing.

EDIT: maybe except that sax synth.

Welcome to the magical world of Mexican dance music

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Wow Konnan out celebrating a few days after that kid was killed.

Heartless

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
On the twitch stream the word "Konnan" is banned from being said

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lid posted:

What happened to Park v Rush?

Not happening this year for unstated reasons, assumption is 50-50 it happens next year if it ever happens. Park's experiencing a career resurgence after his work this year and has no reason to lose his mask right now, and it seems I'm the only one who wants #BaldRush so I could see a stalemate having happened recently that made plans change abruptly, because it was definitely teased as happening and happening at this show for a while before this main event was officially announced

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonna join in after Kamen Rider cause last years AAA was a great bad show

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Chris James 2 posted:

Not happening this year for unstated reasons, assumption is 50-50 it happens next year if it ever happens. Park's experiencing a career resurgence after his work this year and has no reason to lose his mask right now, and it seems I'm the only one who wants #BaldRush so I could see a stalemate having happened recently that made plans change abruptly, because it was definitely teased as happening and happening at this show for a while before this main event was officially announced

Bald Rush would've ruled and I 100% expected Park to win that anyway - if Park loses his mask in this main clusterfuck it will be the worst.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Speaking of bald: it took me a second to recognize Hugo Savinovich there.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lid posted:

if Park loses his mask in this main clusterfuck it will be the worst.

He's definitely not, but he was the likeliest loser in the planned Rush mask/hair match at the time, and likely still will be if/when it actually occurs

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

This a a smart way to do a pre-show for both spanish and english audiences at the same time.

EDIT: a Taylor Dayne cover, yesssss. As a '90s euroteen this music hits the cheese-fest spot for me.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 26, 2018

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I have not seen Vampiro in a bit, he looks like a fat drunk Henry Rollins.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Lol I think that Vampiro thing was legit a shoot at the end

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
If I'd ever bother to sign in to twitch, I'd totally subscribe for those hot commentator emotes. :kappa:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplemania always a blast to watch

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

8pm is generous btw

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it doesn't look like doors are even open yet.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

coconono posted:

it doesn't look like doors are even open yet.
lol Savinovich just now basically going "better not say how far away from start time we are because I have no idea"

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

lol, came back to check in just in time for Jarrett.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Maybe 8pm cst?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

purely by accident, sure

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Didn't miss any of the main card but PSP tv is down for me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Lol came in for vampiro being a dick

• Locked thread