Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Holy poo poo, commentators chatting about the fight, and the Motel 6 theme kicks in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
vick was fully piecing him up until gaethje killed him. super loving rad fight.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

What a great night of fights. I'm happy for everyone but on reflection especially pumped about my girl JoJo not only getting the W but by submission.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Holy poo poo, commentators chatting about the fight, and the Motel 6 theme kicks in.

UFC's production is dogshit lately

Hearing the in-house music cranked over the commentary which was then layered over the promo bumper music started giving me a headache when it normally doesn't

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
yeah good card all round. wanna see gaethje and barboza

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Eat This Glob posted:

"justin, put that violence into words" gaethje "uuuuh, nah. i take punches on the forehead"

Just got out of the arena, those who watched on tv probably didn't see it but during this long awkward pause when gaethje wasn't describing his ko, he was dancing while watching his ko. Then realized he was supposed to say something.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Rigel posted:

Just got out of the arena, those who watched on tv probably didn't see it but during this long awkward pause when gaethje wasn't describing his ko, he was dancing while watching his ko. Then realized he was supposed to say something.

:allears: :swoon:

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

gently caress yeah Justin, thank you for insanely knocking out James Vick and not subjecting me to the pain of having to watch you get insanely knocked out by James Vick.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It looked like vick hurt gaethje and had him staggered, then that overhand right ended it all.

Five Cent Deposit
Jun 5, 2005

Sestero did not write The Disaster Artist, it's not true! It's bullshit! He did not write it!
*throws water bottle*
He did nahhhhht.

Oh hi, Greg.

Mr. Nice! posted:

This card screams decision over and over. Fatbodies usually provide funny decisions if not a KO.

lol

Five Cent Deposit
Jun 5, 2005

Sestero did not write The Disaster Artist, it's not true! It's bullshit! He did not write it!
*throws water bottle*
He did nahhhhht.

Oh hi, Greg.

Marching Powder posted:

won 75$ betting on a draw in the ksi / logan paul boxing match and putting it all on ellenberger

lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mr. Nice! posted:

I’m so glad i was wrong about this card

Turned out to be a pretty decent card after all.

Five Cent Deposit
Jun 5, 2005

*throws water bottle*
He did nahhhhht.

Oh hi, Greg.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Turned out to be a pretty decent card after all.

Isn’t that kind of how it usually goes? Good on paper = doomed. Lackluster booking = fighters going for broke and lots of action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Five Cent Deposit posted:

Isn’t that kind of how it usually goes? Good on paper = doomed. Lackluster booking = fighters going for broke and lots of action.

I bought tickets for this for myself and some friends/family under the theory that although the rest of the card might end up being dull, there was no loving way the main event could ever be anything other than chaotic violence. So, when the whole damned card ended up being good, that was just an added bonus for me.

• Locked thread