Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf
Mar 2, 2016

romanowski posted:

soccer is absolutely the most boring poo poo of all time

Football games are 4 hours long and baseball games are 5 hours long while soccer games are 2 hours long. Give me a break you fuckin american retard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

whats the rule

define a ghost

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf posted:

Football games are 4 hours long and baseball games are 5 hours long while soccer games are 2 hours long. Give me a break you fuckin american retard.

baseball is worse than soccer and thats coming from an american. thats the ultimate low bar though. other than cricket obviously

fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf
Mar 2, 2016
*Me watching the my favorite team, the Chicago Bears, play*
"Sure I don't know who won the game, but I sure know about some great motherfuckin deals. If only soccer had such exciting advertisements."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Chinatown posted:

define a ghost

a phantasmal apparition

fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf
Mar 2, 2016
american baseball *good advertisements*
american football *exciting advertisements with stories*
soccer ^boring advertisements that no one cares about because everyone is focused on the play*
*retarded americunt* "look how boring this poo poo is, the fans aren't even focused on the goddamn deals!"

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

a phantasmal apparition

thats kinda redundant but its a good phrase

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Chinatown posted:

thats kinda redundant but its a good phrase

im not a dictionary!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

im not a dictionary!

hell, same

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

let it mellow posted:

Blake Bortles owned the Steelers lol

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
"I'll watch this football game for the advertisements" - a thing said unironically by millions.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I just watch RedZone, no commercials owns.

Also commercials are when you should be drinking and/or pissing, if you're using commercial time to realize the futility of living modern American life you're doing it wrong.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Soccer sucks because it's just people dribbling the ball around and playing keep away for 2 hours. For football, every play is drawn out, so it requires a lot more strategy and it's like watching two armies go to war. Soccer is for kids. Football is for men.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
I miss the Cincinnati Reds.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I knew this upcoming season was gonna be good when the Vikings cut their old kicker and their new one botched two easy FGs in a row.

Lol.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Schweinhund posted:

Soccer sucks because it's just people dribbling the ball around and playing keep away for 2 hours. For football, every play is drawn out, so it requires a lot more strategy and it's like watching two armies go to war. Soccer is for kids. Football is for men.

This seems like the type of thing a person that isn't familiar with soccer would say.

Football primarily consists of players standing around with some short plays in between that are always the same.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Lambert posted:

This seems like the type of thing a person that isn't familiar with soccer would say.

Football primarily consists of players standing around with some short plays in between that are always the same.

Soccer is men running around doing nothing. As shown by the score

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

One thing that soccer has over football is the ability to tackle the opponent.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Soccer is a better sport than football. Watch messi highlights compared to tom brady highlights and you will realize why people call soccer the beautiful game. Also, football games are 4 hours long filled with 2.5 hours of loving commercials whereas soccer is 2 hour long games with 20 minutes of commercials. American football is terrible. It's just untalented steroid freaks running at each other as fast as possible and ruining their lives.

Watches team score a touchdown *commercial*
kicks extra point *commercial*
Kickoff and return *another motherfucking commercial*

Seriously, also american football really doesn't allow individual acts of genius that soccer does. It's mostly dudes running into a goddamn moshpit of boringness that is a 4 yard gain. With soccer, the manager is very integral to a gameplan, but it's up to the athletes that we care about to come up with great plays to win the game, where in football we need republican autists like bill belichek to win the game and gain all the glory.

American football is less a sports game and more of an infomercial. It fuckin sucks.

The game you like is fuckin rear end and poo poo compared to the game I like, lol.

Until the owners of your lovely american football club find a tax haven in reno and then move the team of the boring sport you like and the fans of the team have no say in sport that is terribly lovely like the nfl.

I love to see a man gain 2 yards, go down easy so the play will end, and then watch 10 minutes of commercials.

I prefer to watch walmart commercials over the game that I profess to love and will die for.

There's definitely time for you to do that, what with all the players standing around not doing poo poo for 30 minutes at a time. I mean what else can you do but look at the cheerleaders, there's no fuckin game goin on for 30 minutes at a time because of fuckin commercials!

Let me not watch the game I enjoy so I can watch 2 times to 3 times as many commercials. I'm an american fan of sports, and I'm borderline retarded.

Good god american sports fuckin suck, especially football. This is the exact takeaway from watching a goddamn 5 hour game.

Hey dude, I'm pretty sure a sale is going on for a saw I was lookin for. Apparently, you stayed awake and was excited while watching nfl games. Can you let me know the sale price of saws of the games you were watching. If you were watching boring rear end american football i'm sure you'd know the sale price of these products.

I don't watch american sportsman games for fun like nfl or mlb, I watch that poo poo for the deals. To give lovely rear end american sports leagues some credit I saved some money on sales, but I definitely didn't watch any games because it's not required.

*Me watching the my favorite team, the Chicago Bears, play*
"Sure I don't know who won the game, but I sure know about some great motherfuckin deals. If only soccer had such exciting advertisements."

american baseball *good advertisements*
american football *exciting advertisements with stories*
soccer ^boring advertisements that no one cares about because everyone is focused on the play*
*retarded americunt* "look how boring this poo poo is, the fans aren't even focused on the goddamn deals!"

Same

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i like when they do a hail mary because it is only then that god truly decides who is to be the victor and who is to be cast to the depths of hell

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

its all nice on rice posted:

Don't forget to buy a rack of bud light (please drink responsibly).

dilly dilly

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I genuinely.enjoyed the bills-jags playoff game. The first half was a gong show of comedic plays and incompetence, followed by an ending that somehow ended up being compelling.

Anyway, watch the CFL. It's better.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

are those metric hours?

I mean basketball is the superior sport by far (as a spectator and otherwise), but that seems off

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 27, 2018

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

10 hours of boredom crammed into 2 hours. Concentrated boredom!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

*kneels down during the OP*

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Call me when the XFL starts. The NFL lost its way a long time ago - it's not about protests and all this PC crap!!! It's about barely contained homoerotic comments, sitting on the couch with your closest friends and "accidentally" slipping your hand on their thigh, and complaining about women and how much easier it would be if you could just all marry each other and live in a big polygamist commune where you watch football every Sunday and make love the rest of the week, non-stop, without worry about jobs, bills, or anything else in society.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Deki posted:

I knew this upcoming season was gonna be good when the Vikings cut their old kicker and their new one botched two easy FGs in a row.

Lol.

And the Seahawks picked up the old one and he did the same thing.

Death to the NFL.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
tbh college football is better/more fun/less retarded

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
rams better loving win before they gotta pay everyone

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
College football is bad because they don't play defense and their overtime rules are wrong.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
gently caress the NCAA

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Football is ok for the first game of the season because the only sport that has been on for 2 months is baseball. I usually don’t watch again until the playoffs. It really is too much commercials and watching people get concussed or tear an ACL.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I would watch more football if it wasn't 3 hours of commercials though tbh.

Those are for getting another beer or going to the john

If you're watching all the commercials you're not drinking or eating enough. It's like Apple: if you get with the program, then you'll get the experience you're supposed to be getting.

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 27, 2018

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

luchajones posted:

Soccer is men running around doing nothing. As shown by the score

Don't forget falling down and pretending to be hurt

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

snack eater posted:

College football is bad because they don't play defense and their overtime rules are wrong.

high scoring games are good actually

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I'd rather watch millionaires get brain damage than the poor saps that play in college.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

high scoring games are good actually

I prefer riveting defensive battles like the 5-0 Browns preseason victory over the Eagles

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
why would someone come into a thread about the NFL and talk about soccer, the sport where grown men get tapped on the shoulder and fall on the ground writhing in pain and then when there is no call they get right back up like nothing ever happened?

soccer is a good sport sure but this thread isn't about soccer. do you soccer people butt into people's conversations in real life to tell people you hate what they like and the things you like are better? that seems pretty socially inept and obnoxious.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Luvcow posted:

why would someone come into a thread about the NFL and talk about soccer, the sport where grown men get tapped on the shoulder and fall on the ground writhing in pain and then when there is no call they get right back up like nothing ever happened?

soccer is a good sport sure but this thread isn't about soccer. do you soccer people butt into people's conversations in real life to tell people you hate what they like and the things you like are better? that seems pretty socially inept and obnoxious.

I see you have never met any soccer fans.

They are like vegans but for sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Luvcow posted:

This is what Euros do when confronted by the total domination of American hegemony: they snipe about tv sports they don't even watch

• Locked thread