Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

very stable genius posted:

I like Colin Kaepernick

Anything that triggers White-Power Rangers is gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I was inspired by him to do my own protest. I am going to put a bunch of puppies in a bag and throw it in a river. This will garner lots of sympathy for my cause.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
lmao this game is loving garbage

beauty queen breakdown
Dec 21, 2010

partially cromulent posting.
"2021's worst kept secret"

Kap is cool and it's cool to like him

Also hell yeah NFL time. Took friggin' forever for the rain delay but now we have six to three birb halves, which is what truly matters in life.

🏈

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Tackling the quarterback is a penalty now.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
boring game redeemed by the reprise of Philly Special

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

snack eater posted:

boring game redeemed by the reprise of Philly Special

that was pretty :laffo:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

vaginite posted:

During the FIFA before the last one my boss took me and a coworker to a bar to watch the USA game during work. Half way through I wish I had stayed at work.

Soccer is a game of individual brilliance? shut up - you're telling me watching someone rip a 40 yard completion to save a game on 4th down isn't individual brilliance? Soccer is just watching a bunch of dudes kick a ball around for 90 minutes to end 0-0 then some Manchester people beat up some other stupid british rear end sounding team fans and talk poo poo about the yanks but they're all just as fat as us, only somehow blobbier. gently caress Soccer.

Also go Bears I think we're gonna kick rear end this year :shepspends:

Quoting for Jose to reply.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
isn’t the highlight of soccer bringing your piss bags to throw around? sounds like star citizen night at the autist home to me

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Hmm, a QB that is in the bottom half of QBs and is a political shitstorm for a team? Yea, probably a good reason teams don't really want him.

And it's not really comparable to Michael Vick. Vick committed a crime, served his time, and got back into the NFL years later, aka after the political shitstorm died down some. Also, Michael Vick was a good quarterback (which the Eagles needed) and helped to transform the position with his running plays.

Hmm, a QB that is bottom half should at least be a backup. I guess you agree that he was denied a job because of collusion, which is illegal.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Duke Pukem posted:

Hmm, a QB that is bottom half should at least be a backup. I guess you agree that he was denied a job because of collusion, which is illegal.

Or, maybe there's not a team that wants a political shitstorm for a backup qb.

"We need a backup QB, lets pick the guy that will divide out fanbase"

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

The 4th qtr of tonight's game was exciting.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

He's not in the league because of the protesting, but it doesn't take collusion for that to happen and there probably wasn't any.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Schweinhund posted:

He's not in the league because of the protesting, but it doesn't take collusion for that to happen and there probably wasn't any.

It's technically not collusion when all the actors are the same kind of person with shared values and interests. They will just naturally all do the same thing without having to even talk to each other

It's basically the same obvs but Snopes and Poltifact will call you a liar if you say it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Big Beef City posted:

If freaking Michael Vick can run a god drat dog fighting ring, and, I know this sounds terrible, but it IS relevant here, be black and forgiven by southern football fans, then there's pretty much one reason Kaep ain't playing. And it's not his talent level.

Michael Vick did nothing wrong.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Kaepernick also did nothing wrong and is probably being discriminated against for his politics.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
I just had a son, whom I don't want to play football. So I'm done watching football. It's weird, I've culled all of my social media and all that and it's really weird knowing that football is happening, but not having any idea what's going on.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Shout out Collin Kaepernick

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

bollig posted:

I just had a son, whom I don't want to play football. So I'm done watching football. It's weird, I've culled all of my social media and all that and it's really weird knowing that football is happening, but not having any idea what's going on.

a man ran into another man and they fell down

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

bollig posted:

Your weak seed wasn't going to play football

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
my seed won the World Spermatoza Football Championships

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Falcons doing what Georgia teams do best.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mozi posted:

my seed won the World Spermatoza Football Championships

That explains the brain damage

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
It was all worth it for that tiny, tiny trophy

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I don't want my son playing football either. That's why I don't have sex.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm teaching my son to kneel for any song more than 100 years old.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Mozi posted:

a man ran into another man and they fell down

But which direction did they fall? Left or right (relative to the cameras perspective)??

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Kazak posted:

But which direction did they fall? Left or right (relative to the cameras perspective)??

we're going to have to go back to the replay for this one...

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
There were only 2 "what is a catch?" replay reviews last night and they were both "call stands"

Julio did catch the one where he was on the ground sliding out of bounds and pinned it to his shoulder

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Matt Ryan needs to play in the pre season so it doesn't take him til week 4 to find a rhythm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

• Locked thread